Lordship

Status
Not open for further replies.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
“If you think works end when you’re saved, you’re just wrong my friend; and, there’s something wrong if you don’t work—that’s all James is talking about. He’s talking about the works of faith not works of law—works of faith. “ Jas 2:18 ~ J. Vernon McGee

See:

Glad Tidings of Great Joy J. Vernon McGee

followHim

:yawn: You believe Enyart tells the truth. I believe he’s an antinomian who leads people to hell (2 Pe 2:1).

“I prefer clarity to agreement.” ~ Dennis Prager

This discussion seems to have progressed like many others I have seen.
Foundational beliefs to the nature of man, what is he, mind, soul, heart, body, spirit.
If seems our spirits are our emotions, that which reflect how we are coping, our soul and heart
are the essence of who we are, our mind is our throughts and way of processing life and our bodies
are our physical presence.

Some seem to believe God gives us a new spirit, eternal and perfect and the rest can be replaced.
God though commanded us to love Him with out mind, soul, heart and strength. So everything we
can choose and influence. Our spirits are our existences response to life, which is the fruit of
our walk but do not define it. So if that which we are is lost in sin, and continues to sin ie
do evil with abandon we are lost.

But if you hold to the spirit being our true self, the rest can go and we are saved.
It matters therefore what you believe about who we are.
If we are not our mind, soul, heart and strength why are these things commanded to love God?

It is this question that puts this antinomian ideas in the bin, and all those who follow it.

followHim

I john 1:7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

The reason why John talks against perfectionism is because it is the extreme view walking
like Jesus is easy and simple. No it is the whole reason for the gospel and is a long
difficult walk with many dangers and struggles. We need to recognise our failures and sins
and work to resolve them, changing our behaviour, attitudes, foundations, judgements, feelings
about past situations, dwelling in Christ and the Holy Spirit, letting Gods love speak from
us through His word, and then we begin to see His walk. As a new creation, something rarely
seen or understood on earth. God bless you

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
…Some seem to believe God gives us a new spirit…

If he has not, then you are not his (Ro 8:14).
f that which we are is lost in sin, and continues to sin ie
do evil with abandon we are lost.

Your life shows who you are (Mt 7:20).
It matters therefore what you believe about who we are.
Many believe that they are Christians; but, are not. They are :listen: false converts.
If we are not our mind, soul, heart and strength why are these things commanded to love God?
When you get your relationship with God in order, then you are able to love others. :straight:
It is this question that puts this antinomian ideas in the bin, and all those who follow it.
You can say it. :eek: It’s a cult (2 Pe 2:1). :freak:

Status
Not open for further replies.