Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • There is no 'pacifism' in the Bible- it is a war in which Jesus lies an ultimatum where, if you don't accept, you will be destroyed.

    It's as simple as that, there is no in between or debate.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Totton Linnet View Post
      Paul teaches that the soldier is an institution of God to reward the righteous and to punish the unrighteous.
      Understand that around half of Paul's letters have been found to be forgeries.

      Many followers of Paul were "get along--go along" with the Romans and developed faux letters to back them up. That's why some of Paul's letters advise that everyone obey the government.

      It was the Roman Empire that killed Jesus.

      Comment


      • Jesus was for peace.
        He was not a hypocrite.

        Preaching peace, atonement, reconciliation and compassion characterizes his mission.
        If you stop worshiping Christ and start following Jesus you will realize this.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by aikido7 View Post
          Jesus was for peace.
          He was not a hypocrite.

          Preaching peace, atonement, reconciliation and compassion characterizes his mission.
          If you stop worshiping Christ and start following Jesus you will realize this.
          Follow Jesus the Christ and give Him the worship that He deserves. It will be good for you.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jacob View Post
            Follow Jesus the Christ and give Him the worship that He deserves. It will be good for you.
            Worship demands NOTHING of us.

            We can repeat in low, sonorous tones to believe, worship and believe and yet not suffer the slightest urge to change our own behavior.

            I guess you can call yourself a Christian and believe a list of certain things, but you can assent to some beliefs and still be a cruel jerk.

            I have seen this many, many times.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by aikido7 View Post
              Worship demands NOTHING of us.

              We can repeat in low, sonorous tones to believe, worship and believe and yet not suffer the slightest urge to change our own behavior.

              I guess you can call yourself a Christian and believe a list of certain things, but you can assent to some beliefs and still be a cruel jerk.

              I have seen this many, many times.
              Nothing permits anyone to be a jerk.

              My apology.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by aikido7 View Post
                Worship demands NOTHING of us.

                We can repeat in low, sonorous tones to believe, worship and believe and yet not suffer the slightest urge to change our own behavior.

                I guess you can call yourself a Christian and believe a list of certain things, but you can assent to some beliefs and still be a cruel jerk.

                I have seen this many, many times.
                Matthew 15:8-9 KJV
                (8) This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
                (9) But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

                John 4:23-24 KJV
                (23) But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
                (24) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

                There is a difference between vain worship (false worship) and true worship (worship in spirit and truth). Do not confuse the meaning of worship with false worship.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                  Nothing permits anyone to be a jerk.

                  My apology.
                  Daniel 12:10 KJV
                  (10) Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

                  Revelation 22:11-12 KJV
                  (11) He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
                  (12) And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

                  Or it could be said that God has permitted some to be jerks... at least for a little while.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rosenritter View Post
                    Daniel 12:10 KJV
                    (10) Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

                    Revelation 22:11-12 KJV
                    (11) He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
                    (12) And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

                    Or it could be said that God has permitted some to be jerks... at least for a little while.
                    No. That would be wrong or false.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                      No. That would be wrong or false.
                      Except that is precisely what those passages in Daniel and Revelation said. God is permitting the whole world to continue in its evil right now.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rosenritter View Post
                        Except that is precisely what those passages in Daniel and Revelation said. God is permitting the whole world to continue in its evil right now.
                        No one has any excuse for their sin.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X