pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rosenritter View Post
    Do you feel that was speaking to every person in every calling, including prostitutes, assassins, and abortion doctors?
    what about servants working for prostitutes, assassins, and abortion doctors?

Comment

• Originally posted by ok doser View Post
      do you have the need to ask such obvious questions?

Read the OP verses.
      don't play a stupid games.
      If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

Comment

• Originally posted by meshak View Post

Read the OP verses.
        wasn't asking you, troll

Comment

• Originally posted by steko View Post
          Nope.
          Even if the assassins worked for the Roman government?

Comment

• Originally posted by meshak View Post

Read the OP verses.
            No, actually that's a good question, and one I intended to bring up eventually.

Comment

Can we revisit that in a couple posts? I was going to bring up that same question from a different angle, we'll get back to it I promise.

Comment

No, actually that's a good question, and one I intended to bring up eventually.
                it's related to last night's discussion of chaplains in the military, as i see it

Comment

Can we revisit that in a couple posts? I was going to bring up that same question from a different angle, we'll get back to it I promise.
                  take your time, i have to unplug before I lose the light - out into the cold cold world

Comment

Even if the assassins worked for the Roman government?
                    No doubt.
                    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
                    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

it's related to last night's discussion of chaplains in the military, as i see it
                      I can see the relation. I was going to extend that to whether there was a difference between those that detonate the bombs, those that dispatch the bombers, those that protect the bombers, those that repair the planes and build the bombs, those that feed the troops that detonate the bombs, all the way down the line.

Comment

No doubt.
                        So Paul was NOT telling assassins that work for the Roman government that they should continue in their calling? Just want to make sure we're on the same page here.

Comment

So Paul was NOT telling assassins that work for the Roman government that they should continue in their calling? Just want to make sure we're on the same page here.
                          Yep.
                          Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
                          Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

I can see the relation. I was going to extend that to whether there was a difference between those that detonate the bombs, those that dispatch the bombers, those that protect the bombers, those that repair the planes and build the bombs, those that feed the troops that detonate the bombs, all the way down the line.
                            now we're back at the morality of national war, ala ww2

ok, i'm out

Comment

Yep.
                              Is there a moral difference between killing someone with a spear, a crossbow, a pistol, an assault rifle, or a sniper rifle? Assuming that the wielders of the weapons use them under direction from the government, be it Roman, British, or otherwise?

Comment

now we're back at the morality of national war, ala ww2
                                ok, i'm out
                                I'm not sure why you would shy away from that, considering (from what I assumed) that you see those that kill face to face as being already justified.

Comment

Working...
                                X