the church

clefty

The irony is that you do not know what the new covenant is or who the parties involved are.

Christening the new covenant with a toast to a room full of Jews and signing the new testimony, covenant, or will with His blood He sealed it forever. Nothing could change or would change.

The first thing He did was rest on the seventh day Sabbath as His followers did hurrying to bury Him before the Sabbath began in order to keep it. His followers still do.

The good news gospel being a re-creation for life, it makes all the more sense its timing continues the seventh day rest of the original creation of life. This time too it was meant for eternal life.

He was healed on it rose on it rested and refreshed ready for the festival of first fruits the next day...

The church in the wilderness continues today vindicated and validated by what was done that day the Lord of the Sabbath rested.

Last edited:

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Christening the new covenant with a toast to a room full of Jews and signing the new testimony, covenant, or will with His blood He sealed it forever. Nothing could change or would change.

The first thing He did was rest on the seventh day Sabbath as His followers did hurrying to bury Him before the Sabbath began in order to keep it.

The good news gospel being a re-creation for life, it makes all the more sense its timing continues the seventh day rest of the original creation of life. This time too it was meant for eternal life.
The Bible itself states clearly that it is the literal God-breathed'' living word of the Creator. Apocrypha*isn't God-breathed. You make it unimportant cause you don't believe in the Word. You do what the RCC Independent denomination tells you. That defines cult. It is separate from the church

Right Divider

Body part

The first thing He did was rest on the seventh day Sabbath as His followers did hurrying to bury Him before the Sabbath began in order to keep it. His followers still do.

He was healed on it rose on it rested and refreshed ready for the festival of first fruits the next day...

The church in the wilderness continues today vindicated and validated by what was done that day the Lord of the Sabbath rested.
:french:
You "good news good news" people are the funniest.

clefty

The Bible itself states clearly that it is the literal God-breathed'' living word of the Creator. Apocrypha*isn't God-breathed. You make it unimportant cause you don't believe in the Word. You do what the RCC Independent denomination tells you. That defines cult. It is separate from the church

Wut?

Right Divider

Body part
one church -
one shepherd -
one flock
What about the one body?

Eph 4:4-6 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:4) [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; (4:5) One Lord, one faith, one baptism, (4:6) One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.

God's Truth

These crazy RC's think that Jesus was going to build His church on a tiny pebble.

How about this, the Catholics think they are the church and that the gates of Hell will not over come it. LOL

Tell me, is the Catholic church trying to get into Hell?

How are they the church that is spoken of unless they are trying to get in Hell?

Or, are they in Hell and are trying to get out?

Jesus is the one after dying on the cross who went to Hell and the gates of Hell could not keep him there!

Amen.

jsanford108

How about this, the Catholics think they are the church and that the gates of Hell will not over come it. LOL

Tell me, is the Catholic church trying to get into Hell?

How are they the church that is spoken of unless they are trying to get in Hell?

Or, are they in Hell and are trying to get out?

Jesus is the one after dying on the cross who went to Hell and the gates of Hell could not keep him there!

Amen.

The verse says "the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." A normal person would read that as saying that Hell will try to destroy it, but that Hell will never win.

It's like saying "Christ overcame death." Was he trying to die? Was he wanting to die? Was he wanting to stay dead? Your inferences are without a foundation and illogical.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

God's Truth

The verse says "the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." A normal person would read that as saying that Hell will try to destroy it, but that Hell will never win.

It's like saying "Christ overcame death." Was he trying to die? Was he wanting to die? Was he wanting to stay dead? Your inferences are without a foundation and illogical.

You are trying to be insulting.

Jesus went to Hell and the gates of Hell could not keep him there.

Jesus is the church.

The Catholic denomination is not the church and for the gates of Hell not prevailing is about not being able to keep something in Hell.

Think about it some more...gates keep people in or out. Do you think the gates are trying to keep the Catholic church out or in? lol

jsanford108

You are trying to be insulting.

Jesus went to Hell and the gates of Hell could not keep him there.

Jesus is the church.

The Catholic denomination is not the church and for the gates of Hell not prevailing is about not being able to keep something in Hell.

Think about it some more...gates keep people in or out. Do you think the gates are trying to keep the Catholic church out or in? lol

GT, I truly enjoy conversing with you (most of the time). I feel that you usually make at least well formed arguments. I assure you, I am not being insulting. My insults are usually creatively lame and dumb. Just to be honest.

Where in the Bible does it say Jesus is the Church?

That would not make sense to say He is the Church. He even says He will be coming back for His Church. So how can He come back for Himself? That is paradoxical.

To say that the gates of Hell are trying to keep Catholics out is an excellent point. Gates are made as a defense. We, all Christians, should be trying to conquer and destroy Hell by our witnessing for Christ. So yes, the gates could be viewed as trying to keep Catholics out. I know you were trying to make a snide joke about Catholics wanting in/out, but basic battle defense techniques and structural knowledge proved to be the comment's undoing.

And I am in agreement with you on one point. The "gates of hell shall not prevail against it" is not about keeping something in hell. Rather, it is about hell trying to destroy the subject (which is the Church). I would even accept if you believed the church was a mystical body, as opposed to a physical and metaphysical body, and saying that hell shall not prevail against it. Just adding in that little bit since many Protestants ascribe to that ideology.