the church

HisServant

why is that not everyone's authority?

It is, people just don't want to submit to it. The RCC has done irreparable damage to Christendom when it comes to is authoritarian type of leadership, that was inherited by protestants during the reformation and we are still dealing with today.

The problem is, that if you do things in the biblical model, all people in leadership must submit to the fact that their interpretation just might be wrong.. and submit to the Holy Spirit. Some people see that as just to fuzzy.

But than again, if we did our job and followed what the original apostles told us to do, which is to be witnesses and not go beyond the record of what they taught, then things like your pope and magisterium would be unnecessary.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
James, the brother of Jesus was the head of the Jerusalem church. Three hundred plus years later the "Universal church" came into existence. (Catholic--ekklesia katholicos) Catholics brought idols into their Universal church. They worship Mary the Mother of Jesus and pray to their idols/saints.

God is totally against the worship of idols.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Only a fool could look at Revelation and not know that the Catholic Church is the seat of he Antichrist. It is plain as day, black and white, clear as crystal, and one is without excuse in having seen it thinking otherwise.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
James, the brother of Jesus was the head of the Jerusalem church. Three hundred plus years later the "Universal church" came into existence. (Catholic--ekklesia katholicos) Catholics brought idols into their Universal church. They worship Mary the Mother of Jesus and pray to their idols/saints.

God is totally against the worship of idols.

we don't worship idols
-how clear is that?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
we don't worship idols
-how clear is that?

Not clear enough. I know someone who was a Catholic since a child into her late teens, who witnessed that. I've known her for about 45 years. She even travelled with her parents to foreign countries for the Catholic church. She told me that Catholics DO pray to idols! They also worship Mary.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Catholic church needs to:

1) Get rid of the idea of a Pope.
2) Get rid of the idols.
3) Get rid of the Priesthood/Nuns and have Pastors.
4) Adopt the "True Gospel."
5) Get rid of confession.
6) Get rid of the false doctrine of purgatory.
7) Stop reading prepared prayers off a sheet of paper.
8) Stop the water baptism of babies.
9) Encourage your members to read/study the Bible.
10) Etc.

SaulToPaul 2

2) Get rid of the idols.
10) Etc.

There would be nothing left but my brown scapular!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Considering you are supporting a group of deviants who revel in the murder of people and the abuse of children... your opinion means nothing. You are the enemy of Christ.

grosnick and I agree with you that what you do is important

john w

Hall of Fame

2) Get rid of the idols.
10) Etc.

i'm a little hesitant to jettisoning the "Fish Fry's" on Friday nights. The Mayor, however, would not object, as he is more of a pounded steak a la Morelli dude.

Last edited: