-and
      -the power to bind and loose
      -that means he was in charge
      -someone must be in charge
      -that should be clear
      Jesus Christ gave him the keys.

Wonderful!

What is the kingdom of heaven?

Why is "kingdom of heaven" used only in Matthew?

Not Mark nor Luke nor John nor any other book in the Bible.

Are those literal keys that Peter hung on a key chain?

Who was the king in the kingdom of heaven?

Who is the head of the body of Christ?

What ministries did Christ give to the church?

Why are those ministries given to the church?

What are their roles?

Since those ministries are in charge, Romans 13, why should we honor any secular or religion organization who does not believe in those ministries?

Romans 13 is about the ministries that God in Christ set up in the body of Christ.
      "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

Comment

• Originally posted by oatmeal View Post
        What are their roles?
        to answer your questions
        a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Comment

• Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
          to answer your questions
          That is right. and they have. However,the RCC as do many other denominations, do not believe apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers have any place in the church any more.

Therefore they miss out on the benefits of their God given ministries.
          "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

Comment

That is right. and they have. However,the RCC as do many other denominations, do not believe apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers have any place in the church any more.

I don't see how you can say that
            a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Comment

Let me guess...you are a teacher and sometimes a prophetess.
              I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
              A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
              If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Comment

the church is in new jerusalem
                Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                the temple was in old jerusalem
                Revelation 3:12
                The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

1 Peter 2:5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

(Revelation 3:12 shows that Jesus is the New Jerusalem, and we are parts of New Jerusalem, just as we are parts of the body of Christ; and that the New Jerusalem is a temple of God...that Jesus is the temple of God.)
                Oh how I love the Word of God!

Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

Comment

-18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter
                  -19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven
                  -peter got the keys
                  -and
                  -that should be clear
                  Its clear to those who can see

Comment

• Originally posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
                    Its clear to those who can see
                    You see what you want to see.

The RCC is not the 12 tribes of Israel.
                    All of my ancestors are human.
                    Originally posted by Squeaky
                    That explains why your an idiot.
                    Originally posted by God's Truth
                    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

• Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                      You see what you want to see......
                      I see the truth. Apparently you do not.

Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                      ......The RCC is not the 12 tribes of Israel.
                      What is an RCC?

In this forum you will often see the acronym RCC tossed about. Sometimes it is done in innocence, but very often it is done out of malice by people who know better.

The Catholic Church is the "Catholic Church", not the Roman Catholic Church. Within the Catholic Church, there are many "Rites": The Maronite Rite, the Syriac Rite, the Chaldean Rite, the Byzantine Rite, and many many other "Rites" or Churches, and also included is the Latin Rite, or "Roman" rite if you will. The Roman Catholic Church is a part of the Catholic Church, but that is all.

What all these Churches - or "Rites" - have in common is doctrine, and submission to the Pope as the Successor of Peter and earthly head of the Church. Not all Catholics are "Latin Rite" Catholics though, and some Catholics can find it rather offensive when the Church is continually referred to as the RCC.

Now in America, its true that most Catholics are Latin Rite (Roman Catholic) but many are not. But if you go to some other countries you'll find that most Catholics are NOT Roman Catholics.

What does this say:

It says "Catechism of the Catholic Church". It does not say "Catechism of the Roman Catholic Church". That is an important point to remember.

Quote:
                      RITES

A Rite represents an ecclesiastical, or church, tradition about how the sacraments are to be celebrated. Each of the sacraments has at its core an essential nature which must be satisfied for the sacrament to be confected or realized. This essence – of matter, form and intention – derives from the divinely revealed nature of the particular sacrament. It cannot be changed by the Church. Scripture and Sacred Tradition, as interpreted by the Magisterium, tells us what is essential in each of the sacraments (2 Thes. 2:15).

When the apostles brought the Gospel to the major cultural centers of their day the essential elements of religious practice were inculturated into those cultures. This means that the essential elements were clothed in the symbols and trappings of the particular people, so that the rituals conveyed the desired spiritual meaning to that culture. In this way the Church becomes all things to all men that some might be saved (1 Cor. 9:22).

There are three major groupings of Rites based on this initial transmission of the faith, the Roman, the Antiochian (Syria) and the Alexandrian (Egypt). Later on the Byzantine derived as a major Rite from the Antiochian, under the influence of St. Basil and St. John Chrysostom. From these four derive the over 20 liturgical Rites present in the Church today.
                      source: Catholic Rites and Churches

Personally, I would appreciate it if peopler referred to me as a Catholic, and my Church as the Catholic Church. It would be the respectful thing to do since nobody here really know what Rite me or other Catholics here actually are.

Comment

I see the truth. Apparently you do not.
                        Says everyone.

Originally posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
                        What is an RCC?
                        Roman Catholic Church.
                        All of my ancestors are human.
                        Originally posted by Squeaky
                        That explains why your an idiot.
                        Originally posted by God's Truth
                        Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                        Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                        (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                        (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

-18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter
                          -19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven
                          -peter got the keys
                          -and
                          -that should be clear
                          Jesus has the keys; and he gave his disciples the power to bind and loose.

Jesus is in charge.

Comment

• You are correct someone must be in charge. Jesus is in charge. Jesus has the keys. Jesus has the power to bind and lose. The church is everyone who has repented and accepted Jesus and is His church and the church belongs to Jesus. His church are the repented believers.

Peter was a man .... sinful ... just like all men (mankind). Gods church can not be built on a sinful man.

Jesus was without sin ... God incarnate. The church built on Jesus who was without sin and He is our rock.

The Rock

Psalm 18:2

2The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Jesus holds the Keys

Revelation 1

17When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, 18and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.

The church - Jesus is the head of the church.

Psalm 118:22

The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief corner stone.

Ephesians 1:22

And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church,

Ephesians 4:12

for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;

Ephesians 5:23

For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.

1 Corinthians 11:3

But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ.

Colossians 1:18

He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.

Colossians 2:10

and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority;

Comment

• Originally posted by eleos View Post
                              You are correct someone must be in charge. Jesus is in charge........
                              ...and Jesus placed Peter in charge, or are you saying Jesus does not have the authority to do that.

...and Peter placed Linus in charge, and....etc etc

Comment

...and Jesus placed Peter in charge, or are you saying Jesus does not have the authority to do that.

...and Peter placed Linus in charge, and....etc etc
                                Jesus sent his apostles in the same way he was sent, and he gave them the knowledge of the truth. They had the power to bind and loose. Jesus is the one in charge.

John 17:18
                                As You sent Me into the world, I have also sent them into the world.

John 20:21 Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you."

Acts 1:2
                                until the day He was taken up to heaven, after giving instructions through the Holy Spirit to the apostles He had chosen.

Comment

Working...
                                X