Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the church

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • the church

    -18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter
    -19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven
    -peter got the keys
    -and
    -the power to bind and loose
    -that means he was in charge
    -someone must be in charge
    -that should be clear
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

  • #2
    John 1:42New International Version (NIV)

    42 And he brought him to Jesus.

    Jesus looked at him and said, “You are Simon son of John. You will be called Cephas” (which, when translated, is Peter[a]).

    Footnotes:

    John 1:42 Cephas (Aramaic) and Peter (Greek) both mean rock.
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

    Comment


    • #3
      and on this rock I will build my church
      a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
        and on this rock I will build my church
        Acts 1:8 KJV -

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
          and on this rock I will build my church

          Here is Peter's role for the Church - Matthew 16:22 KJV - Matthew 16:23 KJV - Luke 4:8 KJV -

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
            and on this rock I will build my church
            I think that what He must have meant to say was "on THE BIBLE I will build My Church."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Nihilo View Post
              I think that what He must have meant to say was "on THE BIBLE I will build My Church."
              Acts 2:8 KJV - Acts 9:6 KJV - Acts 9:15 KJV -

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                -18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter
                -19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven
                -peter got the keys
                -and
                -the power to bind and loose
                -that means he was in charge
                -someone must be in charge
                -that should be clear
                wrong church
                wrong apostle
                wrong gospel
                that should be clear
                2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

                Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                  Acts 2:8 KJV - Acts 9:6 KJV - Acts 9:15 KJV -

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The true rock of the church/assembly. "Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God” (Matthew 16:16).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Nihilo View Post
                      I think that what He must have meant to say was "on THE BIBLE I will build My Church."
                      -you think?
                      -so why doesn't the bible say that?
                      -and
                      -why don't we have somebody in charge?
                      -to eliminate what everybody thinks
                      -you can see what everybody thinks
                      -but
                      -who has the authority?
                      -who has the keys?
                      -who has the power?
                      -the church
                      a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                        -you think?
                        -so why doesn't the bible say that?
                        -and
                        -why don't we have somebody in charge?
                        -to eliminate what everybody thinks
                        -you can see what everybody thinks
                        -but
                        -who has the authority?
                        -who has the keys?
                        -who has the power?
                        -the church
                        It doesn't matter
                        if
                        what He meant to say
                        was
                        upon THE BIBLE
                        I will build My Church

                        You understand. They don't care about the Holy See or about Peter or the keys to the eternal kingdom of our Maker. They don't even believe in the Trinity sometimes. They reject secular, nonreligious history. Facts! Ignored. Explained away. Glossed over. Scorned with reckless contempt.

                        The Bible.

                        Nothing else matters.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Nihilo View Post

                          The Bible.

                          Nothing else matters.
                          -then why do you ignore what is said in the bible?
                          a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                            -then why do you ignore what is said in the bible?
                            They'll never admit to that. And if they never admit to it, it's like it doesn't happen.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              -the church feeds us
                              -Jesus ask peter to feed His sheep
                              -the church teaches us
                              -the church guides us
                              a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X