Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JOEL OSTEEN

I DO NOT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE ENCOURAGEMENT

FROM JOEL OSTEEN BECAUSE WE ALL NEED ENCOURAGEMENT IN THIS SOCIETY.

De 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

De 1:38 But Joshua the son of Nun, which standeth before thee, he shall go in thither: encourage him: for he shall cause Israel to inherit it.

De 3:28 But charge Joshua, and encourage him, and strengthen him: for he shall go over before this people, and he shall cause them to inherit the land which thou shalt see.

2Sa 11:25 Then David said unto the messenger, Thus shalt thou say unto Joab, Let not this thing displease thee, for the sword devoureth one as well as another: make thy battle more strong against the city, and overthrow it: and encourage thou him.

Jos 1:6 Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.

He is very positive.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

He's a used car salesman.

Comment

I heard he can bench press 300 lbs.
        Originally posted by Interplanner
        They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
        You're too literal to get it.
        The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

Comment

Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
          Paul did say that's one of the things to look for in a representative of Christ. Somewhere towards the back, there...
          "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
          Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
          By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

Originally posted by OCTOBER23 View Post

De 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

De 1:38 But Joshua the son of Nun, which standeth before thee, he shall go in thither: encourage him: for he shall cause Israel to inherit it.

De 3:28 But charge Joshua, and encourage him, and strengthen him: for he shall go over before this people, and he shall cause them to inherit the land which thou shalt see.

2Sa 11:25 Then David said unto the messenger, Thus shalt thou say unto Joab, Let not this thing displease thee, for the sword devoureth one as well as another: make thy battle more strong against the city, and overthrow it: and encourage thou him.

Jos 1:6 Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.
            TV Evangelist preach smooth things for people with itching ears, for what they want to hear. They are popular because they avoid the more difficult things. It is more about being popular than truthful, it is about money and support.

Comment

He has nice teeth.

Comment

I'd like to slap that smile off of his face -

Comment

Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                  I'd like to slap that smile off of his face -
                  And he has a nice geri curl.
                  They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
                  You're too literal to get it.
                  The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

Comment

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/joel-...dge-scripture/

Wimpy ignorant dope.
                    "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom

Upgrade your TOL membership.

Comment

Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
                      I heard that his hook bends 7 inches. Wait....That was Claude Osteen....

Nevermind...
                      Saint John W

Comment

Does he speak truth?
                        He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
                          Does he speak truth?

You're thinking of boxer Carl "The Truth" Williams.
                          Saint John W

Comment

Originally posted by OCTOBER23 View Post

He knows how to quote Scripture. Who else is good at quoting Scripture? (Luke 4:1-12) Have you seen the living conditions he's accustomed to? Somehow they don't remind me of Jesus' living conditions.

Osteen has a ridiculously big white smile, and I think he would sell his mother up the river if it meant more money for him.

Jesus said: "This gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come." (Matt.24:14, NASB) He also said that preaching about the Kingdom was why he was sent forth. (Luke 4:43) Therefore, we can legitimately ask ourselves...."Does Osteen preach about the one thing that was the FOCUS of Jesus' ministry? What does he say about the Kingdom, if anything?" If he's not preaching about God's Kingdom---God's own GOVERNMENT---he is not a legitimate representative of Christ.

See Isaiah 9:6,7; Daniel 2:44.

Comment

I never heard Joel preach 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV -

Comment

Working...
                              X