Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiler
    Originally posted by KingdomRose View Post
    I hope there has been enough discussion here to alert people to the fact that the Trinity is very much pagan and is not taught in the Bible. Much scriptural support has been given with arguments that the Trinity is thoroughly erroneous. To believe in that subtle and spurious doctrine one must ignore an overwhelming amount of Scripture that clearly shows that it is not true, and one must place one's faith in sloppily translated verses and verses that can be taken more than one way. What is crystal clear? Jesus said that his Father is the "only true God." (John 17:3) That is open and shut, in black and white, plain as day. If God was three, Jesus would have made that clear. Instead he said that ONE Person---the Father---was God.

For an interesting conclusion to this worn-out subject, this is what Catholic writers wrote for the New Catholic Encyclopedia, 1967, Volume 14:

"It is difficult, in the second half of the 20th century, to offer a clear, objective, and straightforward account of the revelation, doctrinal evolution, and theological elaboration of the mystery of the Trinity. Trinitarian discussion, Roman Catholic as well as other, presents a somewhat unsteady silhouette.

"Two things have happened. There is the recognition on the part of exegetes and Biblical theologians, including a constantly growing number of Roman Catholics, that one should not speak of Trinitarianism in the New Testament without serious qualification. There is also the closely parallel recognition on the part of historians of dogma and systematic theologians that when one does speak of an unqualified Trinitarianism, one has moved from the period of Christian origins to, say, the last quadrant of the 4th century. It was only then that what might be called the definitive Trinitarian dogma 'one God in three Persons' became thoroughly assimilated into Christian life and thought.

"The formula itself does not reflect the immediate consciousness of the period of origins; it was a product of 3 centuries of doctrinal development."

Would someone like to explain to me why 3 centuries of developing the Trinity doctrine should override what Christ and his Apostles taught (which was nothing even hinting at 3 Persons in one God)? Why was it necessary for the Church to add two more Persons to the "Godhead" even though, as the article here asserts, that original Christian teaching did not include such a thing?

...Would someone like to explain to me
    Quite simple:
    Because YOU, and they, WRESTLE with holy writ to their own destruction:

2 Corinthians 13:14 — 14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

Luke 1:35 — The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

Matthew 3:16-17 — 16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

John 14:16-17 — 16 And I (Jesus Christ) will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Romans 14:17-18 — 17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18 because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.

Luke 3:21-22 — 21 When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”

(I guess Peter did not know what he was talking about either)
    1 Peter 1:1-2 — 1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To God’s elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia,
    2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

(I guess Paul was out of your league)
    2 Corinthians 1:21-22 — 21 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

====

John 10:30-36 — 30 I and the Father are one.” 31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?” 33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.” 34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods” ’? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

If Jesus came today, the modern world would crucify Him all over again, exactly as you just did.

If Luke, Paul, Peter, etc. were to come today, the modern world would kill them also, exactly as you just did.
    No man can come to God except through Christ. (Jn. 14:20)
    No man can come to Christ unless he comes through the Cross. (Jn. 3:16; Eph. 2:13–18)
    No man can come to the Cross without a denial of self. (Lk. 9:23–24)

Comment

• Originally posted by lifeisgood View Post

Quite simple:

2 Corinthians 13:14 — 14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

Luke 1:35 — The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

Matthew 3:16-17 — 16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

John 14:16-17 — 16 And I (Jesus Christ) will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Romans 14:17-18 — 17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18 because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.

Luke 3:21-22 — 21 When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”

1 Peter 1:1-2 — 1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To God’s elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia,
      2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

2 Corinthians 1:21-22 — 21 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

====

John 10:30-36 — 30 I and the Father are one.” 31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?” 33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.” 34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods” ’? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

If Jesus came today, the modern world would crucify Him all over again, exactly as you just did.

If Luke, Paul, Peter, etc. were to come today, the modern world would kill them also, exactly as you just did.
      You have only proved that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the Holy Spirit is the power of God.

Thank you for proving our point.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app
      Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

Comment

• Originally posted by lifeisgood View Post

Quite simple:

====

Your pathetic attempt to show the pagan Trinity with the verses you quoted is quite laughable. You obviously didn't read my post, because you didn't respond intelligently or with dignity. How on earth can you accuse me of such nonsense when you contradict yourself while trying to prove a silly idea that Jesus claimed to be God? He is "one" with the Father just like his disciples are "one" with him and the Father. Haven't you read John 17:20-23 lately? YOU would kill Jesus because he would say even today that his Father was the only true God and He isn't a Trinity! You sad, confused little Pharisee. Do you really believe that the Pharisees were being truthful when they accused Jesus of claiming to be God? Ha! Then he immediately corrected them, which you posted in the citing of John 10:36 above! Don't you understand what you read? Your nonsense is so far out in left field that if Jesus was on Earth today he wouldn't have any idea what you were talking about. In fact, most of the churches such as your group, whatever it is, are going down into destruction very swiftly, like a millstone is around their necks.

Comment

• Originally posted by keypurr View Post
          You have only proved that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the Holy Spirit is the power of God.

To them hos belong the ho patriarchs pat?r, and kai from ek them hos by kata human descent sarx came the ho Christ Christos , · ho who ho is eimi God theos over epi all pas , blessed eulog?tos for eis all ho time ai?n . Amen am?n . - Romans 9:5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...version=MOUNCE

of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen. - Romans 9:5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...5&version=NKJV

Christ, the Son of God, is God.
          Your pathetic attempt to show the pagan Trinity with the verses you quoted is quite laughable. You obviously didn't read my post, because you didn't respond intelligently or with dignity. How on earth can you accuse me of such nonsense when you contradict yourself while trying to prove a silly idea that Jesus claimed to be God? He is "one" with the Father just like his disciples are "one" with him and the Father. Haven't you read John 17:20-23 lately? YOU would kill Jesus because he would say even today that his Father was the only true God and He isn't a Trinity! You sad, confused little Pharisee. Do you really believe that the Pharisees were being truthful when they accused Jesus of claiming to be God? Ha! Then he immediately corrected them, which you posted in the citing of John 10:36 above! Don't you understand what you read? Your nonsense is so far out in left field that if Jesus was on Earth today he wouldn't have any idea what you were talking about. In fact, most of the churches such as your group, whatever it is, are going down into destruction very swiftly, like a millstone is around their necks.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingdomRose View Post
            Another one who prefers their doctrine instead of the Word of God.

If for YOU, Jesus Christ is not what the Bible says He is, the Bible says Jesus Christ indeed is God, then you are still in your sins, for there is none other that can save YOU but God, and the only one God sent to remove your sin is God.

Claiming God as Father or to say ‘I am God's Son’ was to claim to be God and the Jewish leaders knew Jesus Christ was affirming He was God. No wonder they took stones.

YOUR loss if you do not believe in God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) for your salvation is in your own hands instead of in God's hand.

If you are interested:
            http://www.answering-islam.org/Trinity/t3jd1.html

Ha! Then he immediately corrected them, which you posted in the citing of John 10:36 above!
            You need to read for understanding.
            Last edited by lifeisgood; May 2, 2017, 05:12 AM.
            No man can come to Christ unless he comes through the Cross. (Jn. 3:16; Eph. 2:13–18)

Comment

YOU wish the Word of God has proven YOUR point.

Claiming God as Father or to say ‘I am God's Son’ was to claim to be God and the Jewish leaders knew Jesus Christ was affirming He was God. No wonder they took stones.

You can start here to learn why God is (Father, Son, Holy Spirit): http://www.answering-islam.org/Trinity/t3jd1.html if you are so inclined.

Comment

• The Trinity

Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                To them hos belong the ho patriarchs pat?r, and kai from ek them hos by kata human descent sarx came the ho Christ Christos , · ho who ho is eimi God theos over epi all pas , blessed eulog?tos for eis all ho time ai?n . Amen am?n . - Romans 9:5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...version=MOUNCE

of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen. - Romans 9:5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...5&version=NKJV

Christ, the Son of God, is God.
                I think your biblegateway site is a joke JR.

I could not rely on the Bible you quote on. Mounce??? NKJV???

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

Comment

I think your biblegateway site is a joke JR.
                  Would you rather I used other sites? They'll say the same thing with each version, as the Bible is the same whether it's on Bible Hub, Bible Gateway, Bible.org, etc. The only difference is the versions used, and even then, the differences don't change the meaning of what is said.

I could not rely on the Bible you quote on. Mounce??? NKJV???

The Bible I quote from is the same one you can find at any store. It's just a different version, Keypurr, and there's nothing wrong with that as long as the message is the same as the original Greek version.

Mounce is an English-Greek interlinear New Testament, it has the original Koine Greek next to the English translation. As far as English versions go, it's the most accurate.

NKJV is simply the New King James Version.

I tried to find an AENT to quote from, but it appears every version I find is behind a pay wall, and while there's nothing inherently wrong with that that I'm aware of, as I wouldn't be using it on a regular basis, I don't find it worth it. Perhaps you could simply look up Romans 9:5 for yourself and read what it says, and then quote it here.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                    Would you rather I used other sites? They'll say the same thing with each version, as the Bible is the same whether it's on Bible Hub, Bible Gateway, Bible.org, etc. The only difference is the versions used, and even then, the differences don't change the meaning of what is said.

The Bible I quote from is the same one you can find at any store. It's just a different version, Keypurr, and there's nothing wrong with that as long as the message is the same as the original Greek version.

Mounce is an English-Greek interlinear New Testament, it has the original Koine Greek next to the English translation. As far as English versions go, it's the most accurate.

NKJV is simply the New King James Version.

I tried to find an AENT to quote from, but it appears every version I find is behind a pay wall, and while there's nothing inherently wrong with that that I'm aware of, as I wouldn't be using it on a regular basis, I don't find it worth it. Perhaps you could simply look up Romans 9:5 for yourself and read what it says, and then quote it here.
                    I would rather use a lot of Translations to see if I can find the truth that Satan has taken from us. Your Mouse is in error.

The AENT is my favorite so far. It will cost you forty bucks but it is well worth it just for the notes. I now question if the Hebrew/Aramaic could ever be translated to the Greek without distortion. It is a very interesting book with a lot of culture to learn. The notes make you think twice.

Www.aent.org

Any note and web sites reflect the thoughts of the men who wright them. Some are trustworthy most are not.

Romans 9:5 aent
                    And From among whom Mashiyach appeared in the flesh, who is Elohim over all, to whom be praises and benediction, forever and ever, Amen.

How do you define Elohim?

Comment

I would rather use a lot of Translations to see if I can find the truth that Satan has taken from us. Your Mounce is in error.
                      Keypurr, what don't you get about the Greek being the original language the New Testament was written in? That is a historical fact. The Greek is the MOST accurate, because it is the first version. Anything translated from it will inherently be less accurate, but the message is the same.

The AENT is my favorite so far. It will cost you forty bucks but it is well worth it just for the notes. I now question if the Hebrew/Aramaic could ever be translated to the Greek without distortion. It is a very interesting book with a lot of culture to learn. The notes make you think twice.

Www.aent.org

Any note and web sites reflect the thoughts of the men who wright them. Some are trustworthy most are not.
                      Ok.

Romans 9:5 aent
                      And From among whom Mashiyach appeared in the flesh, who is Elohim over all, to whom be praises and benediction, forever and ever, Amen.
                      EVEN AENT says that Meshiyach (the Messiah, aka Christ) is Elohim (God).

How do you define Elohim?[/QUOTE]

Elohim is God, but not singular "God," plural "God." It is a grammatically plural noun for "gods" or "deity" in Biblical Hebrew, but in the context of Genesis 1:1, it obviously means the God of all creation, but that doesn't change the plurality of it. So if what you say is true, and only the Father is God, then you're saying that Moses, in the very first verse of the Bible, made a grammatical error and used Elohim, instead of "El", which is the singular form of "god" or "deity" in Hebrew. And I'm pretty sure that that's not the case at all.

And not only that, the verb "created" in that verse is a singular verb. So again, did Moses, who was a very educated man (I mean he grew up in Egypt as royalty, and wrote 6 books).

Something else you should look up, pertaining to several other verses in addition to John 1:1...
                      http://www.theopedia.com/granville-sharps-rule
                      Last edited by JudgeRightly; May 3, 2017, 05:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                        Keypurr, what don't you get about the Greek being the original language the New Testament was written in? That is a historical fact. The Greek is the MOST accurate, because it is the first version. Anything translated from it will inherently be less accurate, but the message is the same.

Ok.

EVEN AENT says that Meshiyach (the Messiah, aka Christ) is Elohim (God).

How do you define Elohim?

Elohim is God, but not singular "God," plural "God." It is a grammatically plural noun for "gods" or "deity" in Biblical Hebrew, but in the context of Genesis 1:1, it obviously means the God of all creation, but that doesn't change the plurality of it. So if what you say is true, and only the Father is God, then you're saying that Moses, in the very first verse of the Bible, made a grammatical error and used Elohim, instead of "El", which is the singular form of "god" or "deity" in Hebrew. And I'm pretty sure that that's not the case at all.

And not only that, the verb "created" in that verse is a singular verb. So again, did Moses, who was a very educated man (I mean he grew up in Egypt as royalty, and wrote 6 books).

Something else you should look up, pertaining to several other verses in addition to John 1:1...
                        http://www.theopedia.com/granville-sharps-rule[/QUOTE]

The Christians from Babylon and India disagree.
                        I told you that I was not there at the time Peter was so I can not confirm it.

I need to study the word Elohim deeper as I find it confusing.

Comment

http://www.theopedia.com/granville-sharps-rule

The Christians from Babylon and India disagree.
                          I told you that I was not there at the time Peter was so I can not confirm it.

I need to study the word Elohim deeper as I find it confusing.

John 8:25

"Who are You?" they asked. "Just what I have been telling you from the beginning," Jesus replied.

... NKV ... New Keypurr Version

John 8:25... NKV... additional manuscript information... But Jesus didn't mean that He was God when He said this or the other 20,000,000 things He said that prove that He is God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evil.Eye. View Post
                            John 8:25

"Who are You?" they asked. "Just what I have been telling you from the beginning," Jesus replied.

... NKV ... New Keypurr Version

John 8:25... NKV... additional manuscript information... But Jesus didn't mean that He was God when He said this or the other 20,000,000 things He said that prove that He is God.
                            Jesus never said he was God.

Your from another planet?

Comment

Your from another planet?

Comment

Yes, He did. It is only that keypurr boldly rejects what He Himself said about Himself.

Claiming God as Father or to say ‘I am God's Son’ was to affirm to be God and the Jewish leaders knew it. No wonder they took stones.

Comment

Working...
                                X