X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ktoyou
    replied
    Originally posted by PneumaPsucheSoma View Post
    This is hypostatic, not ousiac. Man is not given divinity. Man is hypostatically translated into Christ.

Man cannot be homoousios with God as divinity. Humanity is created and had a beginning. God is uncreated and had no beginning. Man cannot be given uncreatedness and beginninglessness.
    You are more correct than fzappa13. Yet man never shares in Christ's divine essence. We become in the Grace of God, which is to say, "in Christ", get it?

Leave a comment:

• PneumaPsucheSoma
    replied
    Originally posted by fzappa13 View Post
    No. It's a gift for those that would receive it.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
    This is hypostatic, not ousiac. Man is not given divinity. Man is hypostatically translated into Christ.

Man cannot be homoousios with God as divinity. Humanity is created and had a beginning. God is uncreated and had no beginning. Man cannot be given uncreatedness and beginninglessness.

Leave a comment:

• PneumaPsucheSoma
    replied
    No, a human ousia cannot become a divine ousia. Being "given" a divine ousia would mean man would then become eternal and uncreated with no beginning. Man already has a beginning as created. Man does not become beginningless and uncreated.

What you have insisted upon is the antithesis of the Christian faith, and is the emphasis of many anti-Christian belief systems.

Leave a comment:

• fzappa13
    replied
    Man cannot acquire and become divinity.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Leave a comment:

• PneumaPsucheSoma
    replied
    I didn't suggest either thing. We were offered an opportunity to become sons of god ... better said, Elohiym.

This is why the Pharisees wanted to stone Jesus when he rubbed their noses in psalm 82. This is what John was saying in John 1:12 and 1John:3. This is what Paul was saying in Rom 8:19.
    Man cannot acquire and become divinity. Being (hypostatically) translated into Christ by faith is Believers partaking OF God's divine nature; but man never intrinsically acquires divinity as his own ousia. Only the Son and Holy Spirit are homoouisos with the Father. The Redeemed are in everlasting hypostatic union with the Son, just like the Son's hypostatic union of divinity and humanity.

Leave a comment:

• fzappa13
    replied
    Wow. Seriously? There's no greater schismatic heresy than to represent the Son as merely created and/or man as divinity in any manner.

One cannot be authetically Christian and contend for either of the above.
    I didn't suggest either thing. We were offered an opportunity to become sons of god ... better said, Elohiym.

This is why the Pharisees wanted to stone Jesus when he rubbed their noses in psalm 82. This is what John was saying in John 1:12 and 1John:3. This is what Paul was saying in Rom 8:19.

Leave a comment:

• PneumaPsucheSoma
    replied
    You couldn't be more wrong. This is exactly what Christ died for.
    Wow. Seriously? There's no greater schismatic heresy than to represent the Son as merely created and/or man as divinity in any manner.

One cannot be authetically Christian and contend for either of the above.

Leave a comment:

• fzappa13
    replied
    Man has no divinity, and cannot acquire and become divinity. Your musings are an autonomous nothingness.
    You couldn't be more wrong. This is exactly what Christ died for.

Leave a comment:

• fzappa13
    replied
    Originally posted by djhow View Post
    Jesus said he was the light that lights all men, you point them to God in them for we all know and bear witness to "something" do not the weeds produce beautiful flowers if allowed to bloom?
    Most flowering plants are weeds ... I'm not sure how that affects your analogy.

Leave a comment:

• PneumaPsucheSoma
    replied
    Originally posted by djhow View Post
    Jesus said he was the light that lights all men, you point them to God in them for we all know and bear witness to "something" do not the weeds produce beautiful flowers if allowed to bloom?
    Man has no divinity, and cannot acquire and become divinity. Your musings are an autonomous nothingness.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X