Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things that are different are not the same that includes God and Jesus Christ.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steko View Post
    Not as keen as the Jews were...huh?
    You are vague and you have no scripture.

Isn't this the exclusively Christian thread where you would think that Christians who believe scripture is God's word would actually use scripture to make their point?

John 5:39

Matthew 4:1-10

Luke 4:1-30

"It is written"

The basis for Jesus' life was scripture.

If he had replied to the Devil with anything but scripture, would he have been doing God's will?
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Reference View Post
      It is not a question of which ones you believe but those you mis-construe for your advantage in argument. You will get no more from me. Argue with yourself.
      Well, evidently, you have no scripture.

"And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Comment

Originally posted by oatmeal View Post
        Well, evidently, you have no scripture.

None that can satisfy a warped mentality; a handicapped disposition, one set against truth..
        Last edited by Cross Reference; January 12th, 2016, 01:39 PM.
        "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

Comment

Indeed, Jesus Christ is the image of the invisible God.

That does not say he is God
          You don't believe Christ created the heaven and earth do you?

Comment

Since God is the Father of the lord Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ is not the Father, they are not the same.
            Yes, the Father and Jesus are different Persons. Along with the Holy Spirit, however, they are also the same Being. That is the doctrine of the Trinity.
            Last edited by Cruciform; January 12th, 2016, 04:17 PM.
            "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

Comment

You need to read the context as well.

Jesus Christ did the will of the Father, not his own will.

They were always on the same page, so to speak.

They were one in purpose

No one takes eternal life from a believer because both God and Jesus Christ make sure of that.

John 10:25-36
              Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
              Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
              Jud 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

Those who left Egypt all believed Moses and obeyed what God said, in order to be of that number however--

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
              2Pe 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
              2Pe 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
              2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
              2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Do not ignore scripture truth, lest you be found guilty of the blood of others.

LA
              My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

Comment

Delete
                "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley D View Post
                  What did Jesus mean when he said, "I and the Father are one" (John 10:30).
                  It is most likely the same thing He meant in this verse:

John 17:22
                  22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Can you tell us what Jesus meant when He said His followers are to be one as Jesus and the Father are one?
                  Learn to read what is written.

_____
                  The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
                  ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Can you tell us what Jesus meant when He said His followers are to be one as Jesus and the Father are one?
                    <bated breath >

Comment

You say they are different Jesus said He is one with the Father. If you have seen Me you have seen the Father.
                      One lavished upon in the Beloved
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post

You might turn that around and ask "why are you not one with us?"

You will never belong with the rest of the church for we worship Christ as God.
                        One lavished upon in the Beloved
                        sigpic

Comment

I think I will wait with bated breath just a little longer.

This bit of scripture might help someone:
                          ". . . I [God] will not give my glory unto another." . . . . . Isaiah 48:11 (KJV)

". . . . the glory which thou gavest me [Jesus] I have given them [Disciples]; that they [Disciples] may be one, even as we are one" . . . . . .John 17:22 (KJV)

Comment

It is not a question of which ones you believe but those you mis-construe for your advantage in argument. You will get no more from me. Argue with yourself.
                            Getting back to the point of this thread,

Since God and Jesus Christ are different, they are not the same.

God is eternal.

Deuteronomy 33:27

The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them.

Jesus Christ was conceived and born, that was Jesus' beginning, his genesis. Matthew 1:18

Comment

None that can satisfy a warped mentality; a handicapped disposition, one set against truth..
                              Then show me from scripture where the scriptures I listed should be excluded from scripture!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jamie View Post
                                You don't believe Christ created the heaven and earth do you?
                                No.

Comment

Working...
                                X