Mods, why was The Barbarian banned?

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Well yeah....that's how this site is run. Just look at this thread. Those not on the right-wing Christian team have been referred to as scum and morons and nothing happens.

If that's the sort of biased site they want to run as Christians, that's fine. But I can't imagine they believe it gives a positive impression of the faith though.

You mean you aren't familiar with Jesus's teachings that anyone who disagrees with you is scum?

Come to think of it......neither am I

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm sure glad you don't run the country.

You know, when you've banned everyone who isn't on your side of the bias, you're going to have a pretty boring forum.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank TOL for being the catalyst for my moving from strongly conservative to a more left than right moderate, and even more importantly, for damaging my faith in Christianity. Since you're the owner of the site, I thought you'd like to know how influential the Christians on this site have been in my life.

Anyway, this place needs some balance so that's partly why I'm still here.

Why do you look at others who needed a Savior for your example instead of looking at Christ? Our only perfection is Him.

Jose Fly

Essentially I'm just looking for reasons to ban folks like Barbarian because he's done the same thing on TOL for probably 10 years or so. It's just a waste of effort.

Can't the same be said for Stripe and 6days? Haven't they also been doing the "same thing" for a long time?

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Why do you look at others who needed a Savior for your example instead of looking at Christ?

Why don't you answer the question I asked you that you're ignoring on Topic of the Day?

Christ didn't advocate insulting people who think differently

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well yeah....that's how this site is run. Just look at this thread. Those not on the right-wing Christian team have been referred to as scum and morons and nothing happens.

If that's the sort of biased site they want to run as Christians, that's fine. But I can't imagine they believe it gives a positive impression of the faith though.

Oh, puh-leeeze.

Go to any non-Chritian forum and post what I do and watch the unrelenting vitriol pour forth regardless of the rules.

And watch out when the moderator steps in; you'll be gone so fast your head will spin.

Anyone who whines about TOL's moderators is demented.

Jose Fly

You mean you aren't familiar with Jesus's teachings that anyone who disagrees with you is scum?

Come to think of it......neither am I

LOL! Well, I guess it just doesn't bother me much because I tend to look at things from a wider perspective, and I don't think running a forum this way is doing their faith any favors in the public perception department.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh I get it! You want me to run a site where people come on and mock God and then you want me to wash their feet???

Sorry man.... aint gonna happen. :)

Jose Fly

Oh, puh-leeeze.

Go to any non-Chritian forum and post what I do and watch the unrelenting vitriol pour forth regardless of the rules.

And watch out when the moderator steps in; you'll be gone so fast your head will spin.

Oh I agree. I'm just a little surprised to see it here.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
LOL! Well, I guess it just doesn't bother me much because I tend to look at things from a wider perspective, and I don't think running a forum this way is doing their faith any favors in the public perception department.
I frankly don't care what you think.

This forum has been around longer than 99.9% of the forums online so I'm fairly confident we are doing something right.

PureX

Because Stripe tries to get people who disagree with him banned as often as possible, and he's often successful. Unfortunately.

Also, Granite shouldn't have been banned either. That was lame.
Yes, I've noticed that someone with the ban button has been on a tear, lately.

I got a reprimand, but to be honest, I think I deserved it. So I'm not complaining about that.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned

You're totally right. It isn't. The problem I have that you don't is that it's my faith, too