This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love your neighbor

Leviticus 19:18 NASB - 18 'You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD.

The Torah command to love your neighbor as yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Untellectual View Post
      Leviticus 19:18 NASB - 18 'You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD.
      yes as Jesus also says John 13:34-35 KJV -

Comment

Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
        yes as Jesus also says John 13:34-35 KJV -
        John 13:34-35 KJV - 34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Comment

this is what it is all about

love your neighbor
          a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Comment

"I don't need to, I'm saved. In fact that would be undesirable to the Lord because that would be a boastful work."

TOL Threads:
            l l
            l

The Torah and the NT:
            l l l

Comment

Nice words. What does it mean to love your neighbor?

It means to see their needs as important as your own. It means that you help them meet their needs when they can't and expect nothing more than a thank you in return regardless of how much help you offer.
              Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

What are my fruits today?

Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

"Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

Comment

Originally posted by RevTestament View Post
                "I don't need to, I'm saved. In fact that would be undesirable to the Lord because that would be a boastful work."
                Those who say that are deceived. The only way to love is through Him. And we have Christ by Grace.
                Last edited by Jamie Gigliotti; August 6th, 2015, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Gigliotti View Post
                  Those who say that are deceived. The only to love is through Him. And we have Christ by Grace.
                  But according to them that is what Paul means.

TOL Threads:
                  l l
                  l

The Torah and the NT:
                  l l l

Comment

Ears hear what they want to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Gigliotti View Post
                      Ears hear what they want to hear.

Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

TOL Threads:
                      l l
                      l

The Torah and the NT:
                      l l l

Comment

I can't for the life of me figure out how they get around what Paul says.

"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love." Galatians 5:6

I pray that ears are opened to the truth, in Jesus name.

Comment

... And almost immediately, the thread about loving your neighbor falls into pointless bickering about religious dogma.

*sigh* Mankind is doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by PureX View Post
                            ... And almost immediately, the thread about loving your neighbor falls into pointless bickering about religious dogma.

*sigh* Mankind is doomed.
                            Just for the record, I am not bickering with Jamie, but we are quite in agreement. We are just showing the faults of an opposing view.
                            Indeed everyone who has posted on this thread it seems share the conviction that the 2 greatest commandments are quite important. If you have something constructive to add to that by all means....

TOL Threads:
                            l l
                            l

The Torah and the NT:
                            l l l

Comment

REVTEST DOESN'T NEED TO BE JUDGED BY GOD EITHER FOR NOT DOING

WHAT GOD REQUIRES OF HIM.

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala SEE YOU IN HELL lalalalalalalalalalalal

Comment

Working...
                              X