It's Not for Today or It is For Today

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I quote the Lord Jesus Christ and this is your response. More bad fruit.

Let me quote Paul to you, do you believe Paul?

....though we ourselves or an angel from heaven preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached to you hold him as accursed, as I said before so say I now again if any man preach any other thing to you than that which ye received hold him accursed.

What was the gospel they received? he says in this epistle did ye receive the Spirit by deeds of the law or by hearing with faith?....which ministered to you the Spirit and worketh miracles among you.

The gospel Paul preached produced in the assembly, miracles, healing, gifts of utterance, knowledge, wisdom, prophecy, tongues with interpretation given for the purpose of edification....discerning of spirits.

You preach another gospel.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Let me quote Paul to you, do you believe Paul?
You quote yourself not the word of God.

....though we ourselves or an angel from heaven preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached to you hold him as accursed, as I said before so say I now again if any man preach any other thing to you than that which ye received hold him accursed.
This is quoting Paul:

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

What was the gospel they received?
It's summarized in verse 3 and mentioned by name in verse 7 as "the gospel of Christ"

Galatians 1:3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

Galatians 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

Galatians 1:5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Galatians 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Galatians 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

Paul declared the gospel of Christ in 1 Corinthians 15

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

The gospel Paul preached produced in the assembly, miracles, healing, gifts of utterance, knowledge, wisdom, prophecy, tongues with interpretation given for the purpose of edification....discerning of spirits.
There was a purpose for the gifts in the dispensation of the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV) that no longer exists today. There are no more Jews today (Acts 28:27-31 KJV) and hence no more need for a sign (1 Corinthians 1:22 KJV) and we have all scripture to throughly furnish us (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
In order for Satan to do a miracle of creation or compassion he would have to first bind God and steal His power.
He's called the prince of the power of the air (Ephesians 2:2 KJV) and the god of this world (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV). People are caught in the snare of the devil/are taken captive by him at his will (2 Timothy 2:24-26 KJV). I'd call that power and his power will be displayed in the future after the Body is caught up, and people will believe it's of God (2 Thessalonians 2:3-10 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
You preach another gospel.
Please show where Nick has preached an other gospel than that which Paul preached; how that Christ died for our sins and the He was buried and rose again the third day.

You can't, just like you cannot produce a demonstration of your gifts of healing, cleansing, raising the dead and casting out devils.

Matthew 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Side trip for a moment.

Anybody here believe in "Soul sleep" when a person dies?

Are they conscience or brain dead.

What about the great gulf that separates the paradise of the redeemed from hell of the lost. The rich man and Lazurus don't seem to be soul sleeping.

God's Truth

Side trip for a moment.

Anybody here believe in "Soul sleep" when a person dies?

Are they conscience or brain dead.

What about the great gulf that separates the paradise of the redeemed from hell of the lost. The rich man and Lazurus don't seem to be soul sleeping.

Why not make a new thread about it?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Please show where Nick has preached an other gospel than that which Paul preached; how that Christ died for our sins and the He was buried and rose again the third day.

You can't, just like you cannot produce a demonstration of your gifts of healing, cleansing, raising the dead and casting out devils.

Matthew 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

It is quite easy to see what gospel Paul preached by the kind of assemblies he established in the places where he preached.

You are stupid

You think Paul went around saying "death, burial and resurrection...death, burial and resurrection" that is Paul's gospel .

What he went around preaching is what Christ's death, burial and resurrection meant to the Gentiles. Do YOU know what the dbr means?

There are different ways of changing Pauls message, you can completely alter it, you can add on to it or you fail to give the FULL message, you can take away from.

If the church today was preaching all that Paul preached they would have the same results, the same ministries that were in Paul's churches would be in the church today.

See I say you are stupid, you don't seem to think, you just parrot out stuff you've been taught, spoonfed.

If you were to think just a little bit, you might consider that after Paul the church seemed to go through a dramatic change, less than 50 years after Paul men were teaching worship of the virgin and worship of the eucharist as central Christian doctrine. This darkness was to continue for 1500 years of Catholicism getting darker and darker.

No wonder the gifts ceased, you think the Holy Spirit will demonstrate a lie?

Of course we had a reformation

The most essential truths of salvation were recovered, but the reformers only went so far back, they only went back to the Patristic church the so-called Church Fathers....they never went back to the apostles, they never went back to Paul.

You go back to the apostle Paul and you will have FULL redemption, you will miracles and demonstrations of the Holy Ghost, healings, prophecy, tongues. WHY? because that was what Paul had.

Now we believe those things, we preach those things and we see those things. The only reason you do not experience them is because in all your spoonfeeding you haven't been spoonfed the faith that would produce those things.

Which is why I say you should study the bible for yourself. All scripture is given to our edification, it is from scripture we learn about the FULL benefits of the dbr, that is to say healing and deliverance. It is from scripture we are exhorted by Paul to earnestly covet the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Do YOU earnestly covet the gifts of the Holy Spirit?

Well you ain't a disciple of Paul then are you.

Last edited: