the apocalypse

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
a disorder
A Crisis in the Church
a word used by Bishop Barron. Sorry it is a long video and you may not have time to watch it. He uses the word disorder. This may be directed to the other bishops. This may be one of his best. Not a fan of his but I do pay attention to what he is saying. I hope the other bishops do as well.
Home

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
but you told me to

"Stop giving them power."

Should they have the power to tell someone they can't have a Christian burial? That they can't get married? That they can't receive communion? That they can't eat meat? That parents don't need to go to the police when they find out what happened to their son, the church will handle it, then the bishop will shuffle the offender off to a different parish?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Should they have the power to tell someone they can't have a Christian burial? That they can't get married? That they can't receive communion? That they can't eat meat? That parents don't need to go to the police when they find out what happened to their son, the church will handle it, then the bishop will shuffle the offender off to a different parish?

we have to have rules if you want to have order
do you know what a disorder is?
we have homosexual bishops determining whether or not homosexuals or heterosexuals become priests
that's why your son is in more danger than your daughter

clefty

we have to have rules if you want to have order
do you know what a disorder is?
we have homosexual bishops determining whether or not homosexuals or heterosexuals become priests
that's why your son is in more danger than your daughter

Aren’t homosexuals ALSO determined to argue the Old Testament is abolished no longer binding?

I mean if you want order and rules...start with the 10 right?...all of them as written and NOT applied differently

from the CCC

1957 Application of the natural law varies greatly; it can demand reflection that takes account of various conditions of life according to places, times, and circumstances. Nevertheless, in the diversity of cultures, the natural law remains as a rule that binds men among themselves and imposes on them, beyond the inevitable differences, common principles.

I mean no wonder gays are okay...they being so diverse and varied right?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
a denial
A Crisis in the Church
a refusal to even use the word homosexual. When a man abuses a younger male somehow it is not a homosexual act. It is an abuse of power. Not a homosexual act. So instead of trying to identify the homosexual man, we attack the authority of the man and the source of that authority, The Church. No problem.
Home

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
When a man abuses a younger male somehow it is not a homosexual act. It is an abuse of power.

Sexual abuse is about power more than it is about sex.
Although the touch may be sexual, the words seductive or intimidating, and the violation physical, when someone rapes, assaults, or harasses, the motivation stems from the perpetrator’s need for dominance and control. In heterosexual and same-sex encounters, sex is the tool used to gain power over another person...

Far and away, most sexual assaults and sexual violence are perpetrated by men, and typically arise within asymmetrical power dynamics, where the perpetrator occupies a more powerful or dominant position in relation to the victim...​

Expert says abuse of power at root of sexual abuse crisis in Church
After studying the abuse scandals of the past few decades, she says that a misuse of power can be identified both in the person of sexual abusers, who manipulate and insult the victims, and in the Church as an institution, for trying first to protect its image instead of caring for those who have suffered abuse.

Your book says that much of the Church’s problem was protecting the image of the institution before the abuse victims. Is this your biggest criticism?

Yes. This is fundamental: The duality between the attitude in defending the name of the Church and defending the victim. Indeed, at the Center for Child Protection, this fits into the context of prevention. First of all, if we speak ethically, we must say that the problem of sexual abuse in the Church is a question of abuse of power. The abuser, in that case, commits an abuse which is spiritual, pastoral, and institutional. And then there is the abuse committed by the whole ecclesiastical institution, because, in the person of the priest, the abused person sees the Church. Before the physical abuse, there is an abuse of power.​

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
and that, quoting you

Nope. My link included "same-sex." But as usual, you know that.

if sexual abuse is about power and not sex (a popular and foolish feminist belief) why wouldn't the power be exerted over girls as much as boys?

It's scientific knowledge. Educate yourself on the subject.

chrys know well because I've given him the information at least twice. Most of the priest abuse occurred in the years before girl altar servers were allowed, so the crime was also about access. Research shows that pedophiles use opportunity and are likely to abuse either girls or boys. I've given him this, he knows it. I've read the John Jay report, if he has he won't admit to it.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
the only occurence of the word homosexual was in the bit of Chrys' post that you quoted

Don't be obtuse.

I have - it's weak science, social science, driven by feminist ideology

False. Educate yourself.

Again:

chrys knows well because I've given him the information at least twice. Most of the priest abuse occurred in the years before girl altar servers were allowed, so the crime was also about access. Research shows that pedophiles use opportunity and are likely to abuse either girls or boys. I've given him this, he knows it. I've read the John Jay report, if he has he won't admit to it.