Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
What you believe = you're oblivious

LOL. I always make sure I agree with Greek grammar and lexicography for years before I even address an area of theology.

You, on the other hand, always disagree with Greek grammar and lexicography; instead assailing the truth with your preferences and opinions and deductions.

But you're in the vast majority, so that should make you feel good about yourself.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Kincaid is a poser and a con artist. His images are grotesquely nostalgic kitsch and nothing more. And that's exactly how he will be remembered to the degree that he will be remembered at all.

Also, being a musician and a songwriter does not make one an artist, regardless of how "talented" they are. Nor does being a Christian preclude anyone from doing great art, musically or otherwise. All I'm saying is that the art can't serve two masters any more than we can. People who want to proselytize or politicize through art will almost always make lousy art because that's not what art is for. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

Please read the title of the thread, and stop being a pest for the sake of it. Either contribute with a christian song, or stay away. Thanks.

Reactions: Lon

PureX

Please read the title of the thread, and stop being a pest for the sake of it. Either contribute with a christian song, or stay away. Thanks.
And who's going to decide if it's a "Christian song" or not. You?

I am posting songs that I believe are inherently Christian. I just don't personally like songs that are basically little more than religious propaganda, or emotional "group hosannas". And if you will notice the development of my conversation, I was not writing posts to myself. I was responding to others.

So where is your admonishment of them? Being a little biased, aren't we?

fzappa13

Dispensationalism = Gnostic Cult.

Exactly.

I think you're sneaking up on what, for me, is at the root of most denominational quibbling; namely, you don't understand correctly therefor you are not saved, or, salvation via gnosis. To me this has always robbed Jesus of His job. He saves. Not what you know.

We know NOTHING now as we should. Intent means everything. Our lives bear witness of our intent. Salvation via proper doctrine damns babies, the infirmed, the unlearned and a host of others. I suspect many of those who champion the notion of salvation via proper doctrine will likely find themselves staring at the wrong side of the door Jesus shuts after picking up the five wise virgins, many of whom will be those they were so sure were hell bound for their doctrinal shortcomings.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I think you're sneaking up on what, for me, is at the root of most denominational quibbling; namely, you don't understand correctly therefor you are not saved, or, salvation via gnosis. To me this has always robbed Jesus of His job. He saves. Not what you know.

We know NOTHING now as we should. Intent means everything. Our lives bear witness of our intent. Salvation via proper doctrine damns babies, the infirmed, the unlearned and a host of others. I suspect many of those who champion the notion of salvation via proper doctrine will likely find themselves staring at the wrong side of the door Jesus shuts after picking up the five wise virgins, many of whom will be those they were so sure were hell bound for their doctrinal shortcomings.

It's more of a circuitous perpetuity of being and becoming; internal to external to internal to external...

Ontology (Being) > Epistemology (Knowing) > Economy (Doing) > Methodology (Patterns of behavior) > Ontology > Epistemology > Economy > Methodology > Ontology...

(Ontology is from ontus and -ology, and is the underlying substantial {sub-standing} objective reality of existence... HYPOSTASIS; which is from hypo- and histemi. Epistemology is from epi- and histemi and -ology, and is that which is upon the underlying as the study of the foundations of knowledge.)

We are hypostatically resurrected and translated into Christ by faith and into grace.
We have love abound in knowledge (epignosis) and all judgment.
We have the being come forth as doing, which are the works OF faith.
We have the enduring fruit of the Spirit yielded in us as character in outer conduct.
We have outer conduct reinforce the physicality of the underlying internal that brought forth the external.

This all sanctifies us wholly; spirit, soul, and body. It makes us a whole man again with a true underlying reality of existence. Non-believers don't actually "exist" completely.

If someone isn't always growing to know, then they don't have the ontology of being in Christ and putting Him on... Literally.

It's all about "the thing heard" (report), and whether it's the thing thought and spoken about by God. Too many have heard another report, or only some miniscule portion, or a majority substitute of the report as a false Gospel by degree. A qualitatively another Gospel, which there isn't (Galatians 1).

Last edited:

fzappa13

It's more of a circuitous perpetuity of being and becoming; internal to external to internal to external...

Ontology (Being) > Epistemology (Knowing) > Economy (Doing) > Methodology (Patterns of behavior) > Ontology > Epistemology > Economy > Methodology > Ontology...

(Ontology is from ontus and -ology, and is the underlying substantial {sub-standing} objective reality of existence... HYPOSTASIS; which is from hypo- and histemi. Epistemology is from epi- and histemi and -ology, and is that which is upon the underlying as the study of the foundations of knowledge.)

We are hypostatically resurrected and translated into Christ by faith and into grace.
We have love abound in knowledge (epignosis) and all judgment.
We have the being come forth as doing, which are the works OF faith.
We have the enduring fruit of the Spirit yielded in us as character in outer conduct.
We have outer conduct reinforce the physicality of the underlying internal that brought forth the external.

This all sanctifies us wholly; spirit, soul, and body. It makes us a whole man again with a true underlying reality of existence. Non-believers don't actually "exist" completely.

If someone isn't always growing to know, then they don't have the ontology of being in Christ and putting Him on... Literally.

It's all about "the thing heard" (report), and whether it's the thing thought and spoken about by God. Too many have heard another report, or only some miniscule portion, or a majority substitute of the report as a false Gospel by degree. A qualitatively another Gospel, which there isn't (Galatians 1).

Remember Rube Goldberg?

https://www.rubegoldberg.com/artwork/automatic-blotter/?c=45

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

Yes, LOL.

But the Gospel is ontological (internal and underlying) before it's methodological (external and overlaying).

It's all about hypo- (under) and epi- (upon) with histemi. That's the internal. No amount of external based upon an unrenewed and non-refunctionalized internal will matter. It will then be works of the flesh rather than the energy of God through us, even if it's the same action. Different source FOR the action.

It's all about the source. Exousia. The delegated power that is out of/from (ex-) God's divine essence (ousia). It denies every boundary, barrier, obstacle, or hindrance; because it's pre-creational. Since all things are created, nothing can stand in its path for us to become the sons of God.

That's the qualitative everlasting life that works its way from internal to external, permeating our spirit, soul, and body to prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Rube Goldberg, though humorous, is a pure representation of external economy/methodology, not internal ontology/epistemology.

The inner man is the new creation. The hypostasis. Which is translated into Christ, us having put on His prosopon. "I can do all things THROUGH CHRIST which strengtheneth me." Too many aren't IN Christ. They're just relying upon a hope/trust that is barely that, but presuming it's faith. It's not.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The inner man is the new creation. The hypostasis. Which is translated into Christ, us having put on His prosopon. "I can do all things THROUGH CHRIST which strengtheneth me." Too many aren't IN Christ. They're just relying upon a hope/trust that is barely that, but presuming it's faith. It's not.

MADs are IN Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.