WHICH GENTILES ARE GRAFTED INTO THE OLIVE TREE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHICH GENTILES ARE GRAFTED INTO THE OLIVE TREE

Romans 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

In Romans 9 through 11 Paul is speaking of the remnant of Israel and not the body of Christ, the church in this dispensation. The remnant of Israel was not comprised only of Jews, but Gentiles as well.

9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

God was speaking to Israel in Hosea 2:23 and saying that Israel was not his people, believing Israel was; this can be seen in 1 Peter 2:10 as well.

9:26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

God was speaking in Hosea 1:9-10 of the believing remnant of Israel.

9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

God said in Isaiah 10:20-22 that the remnant of Israel would be saved.

The Gentiles in Romans 9:24 above are the Gentiles who are members of the remnant of Israel. It is this remnant that is spoken of in the surrounding verses.

The Gentiles grafted into the good olive tree in Romans 11:17 are the Gentiles who are part of the believing remnant of Israel.

The Olive tree is Israel the body of Christ. Gentile Elect will be grafted in so Israel the Body of Christ, the Olive tree will be composed of saved Jews and Gentiles, so all Israel shall be saved in that manner!
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Doug

In Romans 9 through 11 Paul is speaking of the remnant of Israel and not the body of Christ, the church in this dispensation. The remnant of Israel was not comprised only of Jews, but Gentiles as well.
      False statement in that the remnant of Israel , the remnant according to the election of Grace, is the Body of Christ, Chosen in Christ Jesus the Head of the Body!

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Originally posted by DougE View Post
        Romans 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

God was speaking to Israel in Hosea 2:23 and saying that Israel was not his people, believing Israel was; this can be seen in 1 Peter 2:10 as well.

9:26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

God was speaking in Hosea 1:9-10 of the believing remnant of Israel.

9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

God said in Isaiah 10:20-22 that the remnant of Israel would be saved.

The Gentiles in Romans 9:24 above are the Gentiles who are members of the remnant of Israel. It is this remnant that is spoken of in the surrounding verses.

The Gentiles grafted into the good olive tree in Romans 11:17 are the Gentiles who are part of the believing remnant of Israel.

There is only one gospel that saves. No one is saved if they are not in the body of Christ.

The remnant of Jews are saved and in the body of Christ.
        Oh how I love the Word of God!

Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

Comment

The Gentiles who have been grafted in are they which had been chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
            The Gentiles who have been grafted in are they which had been chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4
            That is about the plan was made before the world was made.

Comment

Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

That's false, it doesn't say that! You made it up!

Charles Spurgeon !

Comment

The Olive tree is Israel the body of Christ. Gentile Elect will be grafted in so Israel the Body of Christ, the Olive tree will be composed of saved Jews and Gentiles, so all Israel shall be saved in that manner!
                yup...and even in biological law...the branch does NOT change the trunk...but the MORE similar the fruit of the branch is TO the trunk the better the graft...must be same FAMILY...baring the same fruit as the trunk/root...

or as James puts it olives do NOT come from fig trees nor figs from grapevines...

And yet so many claim they abide in Him but do NOT live LIKE HIM...you know SAME fruits faith lifestyle...

Comment

False statement in that the remnant of Israel , the remnant according to the election of Grace, is the Body of Christ, Chosen in Christ Jesus the Head of the Body!
                  again in the biological realm it would be an odd body that OPPOSED the Head its intent ways wishes and former life...as if a bird head could join a fish body...

the closer the BOC is to the WAY the HEAD lived the better...by their fruits ye shall know them...CLING TO THE HEAD...do as IT did...LOVE AS

Comment

There is only one gospel that saves. No one is saved if they are not in the body of Christ.

The remnant of Jews are saved and in the body of Christ.
                    Yup

just like when the ekklesia was in the wilderness...ONE COVENANT ONE LAW ONE BODY...some included were not even of Jacob...but had faith and obeyed HIM HIS WAYS did not come up with their own false worship like “every day is HOLY eat whatever”

Imagine Ruth saying to Naomi “I know I said your people my people your God my God but I still wanna work on Sabbath and eat swine”...LOL

Comment

Only the gentiles were chosen before hand?

Joshua 24:
                      15 ”And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day well it was chosen for you before you were born whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will we were chosen and can only serve the Lord.”

Had to make some changes to scripture to make it say what you wish it to say...

and you didnt finish the Eph 1:4 verse:

”chose us...to be holy and blameless in His presence. In Love”

what is the standard of Holy and blameless/righteous ...ours? man’s traditions? or His...Eternal and Immutable...

which Love are we in...the world’s? Buddhist love? Muslim? our former selves?

of course He chose predestined ones who would be Holy and righteous before the foundation of the world...would be ridiculous even impossible for Him to choose or predestine the unholy and unrighteousness to live with Him...

Comment

That's false, it doesn't say that! You made it up!
                        So then, why do you think there were Jews who were cut off?

Comment

Originally posted by clefty View Post

yup...and even in biological law...the branch does NOT change the trunk...but the MORE similar the fruit of the branch is TO the trunk the better the graft...must be same FAMILY...baring the same fruit as the trunk/root...

or as James puts it olives do NOT come from fig trees nor figs from grapevines...

And yet so many claim they abide in Him but do NOT live LIKE HIM...you know SAME fruits faith lifestyle...
                          Clefty, the OLIVE TREES represents people.

The CULTIVATED olive tree represents Jews, and the WILD, UNCULTIVATED olive tree represents the Gentiles.

Comment

yup...or even as we are His workmanship created in Yahushua to DO good works, which Yah prepared in advance AS OUR WAY OF LIFE”

did Yah prepare works without rest? All meat clean to eat? Beforehand, in advance...

nope from the begining at creation there was good works prepared and included Sabbath rest...clean holy righteous good works and then after the fall these good works were even befitting repentance...

Comment

Originally posted by clefty View Post

Yup

just like when the ekklesia was in the wilderness...ONE COVENANT ONE LAW ONE BODY...some included were not even of Jacob...but had faith and obeyed HIM HIS WAYS did not come up with their own false worship like “every day is HOLY eat whatever”

Imagine Ruth saying to Naomi “I know I said your people my people your God my God but I still wanna work on Sabbath and eat swine”...LOL
                              You said you don't obey the Sabbath. And, you eat hamburgers with cheese don't you.

Comment

Working...
                              X