1 JOHN ONLY ISRAEL CAN BE BORN AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 JOHN ONLY ISRAEL CAN BE BORN AGAIN

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

1 John 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

In all of the above verses John is addressing those who are "born of God".

Whosoever is born of God, does not commit sin, loves his brother, overcomes the world, keeps himself and that wicked one does not touch him.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Peter distinguishes being born again, as not being born of the corruptible seed of the flesh, the natural physical descent, but rather, the incorruptible word of God.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Israel had to believe on the name of Jesus to be born of God, not just born physically an Israelite.

Matthew 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Israel would not enter into the Davidic kingdom on earth, and reign with Christ, by being born children of Abraham in the flesh; Israel had to be born again by the Spirit of God (John 3:5-8).

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

It is the nation of Israel that must be born again. It is not accurate to say members of the body of Christ, in this dispensation, are born again; in all of Paul's epistles being born again is never applied to members of the body of Christ.

Originally posted by DougE View Post
    1 JOHN ONLY ISRAEL CAN BE BORN AGAIN
    That's crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Trump Gurl View Post

That's crazy.
      Indeed. There’s exegesis, then there’s extra-cheesiest.

You have entered another dimension…

Comment

Originally posted by Trump Gurl View Post

That's crazy.
        Why?
        All of my ancestors are human.
        Originally posted by Squeaky
        That explains why your an idiot.
        Originally posted by God's Truth
        Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
        Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
        (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
        (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Originally posted by DougE View Post
          1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

1 John 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

In all of the above verses John is addressing those who are "born of God".

Whosoever is born of God, does not commit sin, loves his brother, overcomes the world, keeps himself and that wicked one does not touch him.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Peter distinguishes being born again, as not being born of the corruptible seed of the flesh, the natural physical descent, but rather, the incorruptible word of God.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Israel had to believe on the name of Jesus to be born of God, not just born physically an Israelite.

Matthew 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Israel would not enter into the Davidic kingdom on earth, and reign with Christ, by being born children of Abraham in the flesh; Israel had to be born again by the Spirit of God (John 3:5-8).

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

It is the nation of Israel that must be born again. It is not accurate to say members of the body of Christ, in this dispensation, are born again; in all of Paul's epistles being born again is never applied to members of the body of Christ.
          Then how were you "born again?"
          He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post

Then how were you "born again?"
            Why do you feel that members of the body of Christ need to be "born again"?

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Divider View Post

Why do you feel that members of the body of Christ need to be "born again"?
              I don't. But who says that Jews are the only ones to be "born again?"
              He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post

I don't. But who says that Jews are the only ones to be "born again?"
                Jesus was talking to an Israelite about Israelite's in John. Why would you think something else?

I would point out that Jesus spoke to Nicodemus (thee) about THEM (ye) [referring to John 3:7].

Comment

All must be born again.

"Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again" (John 3:3).

My spirit had to be renewed. To put behind this world of the flesh and enter the world of the spirit. It is a daily work.

he is born
                  γεννηθῇ (gennēthē)
                  Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Passive - 3rd Person Singular
                  Strong's Greek 1080: From a variation of genos; to procreate; figuratively, to regenerate.

Comment

Jesus was talking to an Israelite about Israelite's in John. Why would you think something else?

I would point out that Jesus spoke to Nicodemus (thee) about THEM (ye) [referring to John 3:7].
                    Jesus isn't going to give two different doctrines that go against each other.

All have to be born again to be saved.

Being born again happens after a person is saved, after they repent of their sins and Jesus' blood washes those sins away. They are then a new person; they are born again and are perfect.
                    Oh how I love the Word of God!

Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley D View Post
                      All must be born again.

"Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again" (John 3:3).

My spirit had to be renewed. To put behind this world of the flesh and enter the world of the spirit. It is a daily work.

he is born
                      γεννηθῇ (gennēthē)
                      Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Passive - 3rd Person Singular
                      Strong's Greek 1080: From a variation of genos; to procreate; figuratively, to regenerate.
                      Why don't you or anyone that you know exhibit the sign that Jesus said would be that of a "born again" person?

Joh 3:8 KJV The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

Jesus isn't going to give two different doctrines that go against each other.
                        Since you don't know about either of His plans, it makes sense that you would say that.

All have to be born again to be saved.

Being born again happens after a person is saved, after they repent of their sins and Jesus' blood washes those sins away. They are then a new person; they are born again and are perfect.
                        Saved by grace through faith and NOT of yourselves.... it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8

Comment

Since you don't know about either of His plans, it makes sense that you would say that.

Saved by grace through faith and NOT of yourselves.... it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8
                          A person is born again when their sins are washed away.

They are born again---no sins, clean slate, fresh start, start over, new life, new creation...
                          Oh how I love the Word of God!

Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

Comment

A person is born again when their sins are washed away.

They are born again---no sins, clean slate, fresh start, start over, new life, new creation...
                            More falsehoods.

I'm dead in Christ and you should be too, but you're too proud.

Col 3:3 KJV For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Comment

Why?
                              Seriously?

Comment

Working...
                              X