Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gospel shared as an Elevator Pitch

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Gospel shared as an Elevator Pitch

    Ok, so you are on an elevator and a person next to you says they are lost and are seeking "God". You have a half a minute to two minutes to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ to this person, What do you say?
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

    What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

    I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

    I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

  • #2
    ask to hold their hand in silent prayer and pray to God to enter their life

    Comment


    • #3
      afterwards, encourage them to be of service to others, those in need

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by The Berean View Post
        Ok, so you are on an elevator and a person next to you says they are lost and are seeking "God". You have a half a minute to two minutes to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ to this person, What do you say?
        Ask them if they think there's an afterlife, if they're good enough to go to heaven, and show them that the only way to heaven is through Christ.

        in other words, the way Ray Comfort does in his YT videos.

        Comment


        • #5
          Tell them to get the teachings of Jesus in the New Testament and do what Jesus says to do.

          By the way, excellent question.
          Oh how I love the Word of God!

          Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
            Tell them to get the teachings of Jesus in the New Testament and do what Jesus says to do.
            Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? - Acts 15:10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...p;version=NKJV
            (Peter, speaking to those in verse 1 who were trying to get Paul's converts to keep the law. Definitely applies to you too.)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post

              Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? - Acts 15:10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...p;version=NKJV
              (Peter, speaking to those in verse 1 who were trying to get Paul's converts to keep the law. Definitely applies to you too.)
              Peter said that God gave the Holy Spirit to the uncircumcised Gentiles.

              If God wanted the Gentiles to get circumcised, then He wouldn't have saved the Gentiles first.

              Peter helped save Gentiles with the gospel before Paul.
              Oh how I love the Word of God!

              Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by The Berean View Post
                Ok, so you are on an elevator and a person next to you says they are lost and are seeking "God". You have a half a minute to two minutes to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ to this person, What do you say?
                I'd first say to them that it's wonderful that they can see they are lost and in need of the Saviour and then tell them the good news (gospel) of our salvation which according to the Holy Bible and the apostle Paul, the apostle of the Gentiles (speaking to us), is the gospel of Christ. It is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth not to every one that does something as the religious often say.

                Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

                Paul declares the gospel of Christ as the good news of WHY Christ died for us

                1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

                1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

                1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

                1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

                It is the gospel by which we are saved and according to Ephesians 1:13-14 KJB we are sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise when we trust the Lord after hearing and believing it!

                Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

                Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
                ...

                There's nothing that you or I can do of ourselves to save ourselves. All of the work of our salvation was through the faith OF Jesus Christ. We trust the Lord believing His faith accomplished the work of our salvation wholly and apart from anything we do or can do!

                Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

                Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

                The moment you trust the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 as the means of your salvation, you are saved, sealed and identified by one Spirit into the one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13). It's a done deal!
                2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

                Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post

                  Ask them if they think there's an afterlife, if they're good enough to go to heaven, and show them that the only way to heaven is through Christ.

                  in other words, the way Ray Comfort does in his YT videos.
                  Ray Comfort and those of the WOTM are gospel perverters.

                  2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

                  Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
                    Tell them to get the teachings of Jesus in the New Testament and do what Jesus says to do.

                    By the way, excellent question.
                    See, here you are again with your obedience talk, but not specifying what that entails.

                    2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

                    Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

                      Peter said that God gave the Holy Spirit to the uncircumcised Gentiles.

                      If God wanted the Gentiles to get circumcised, then He wouldn't have saved the Gentiles first.

                      Peter helped save Gentiles with the gospel before Paul.
                      What Peter preached to the one Gentile house he preached to is consistent with the gospel of the kingdom, not the gospel of Christ. Cornelius' house never heard the gospel of Christ.

                      2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

                      Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by heir View Post
                        Ray Comfort and those of the WOTM are gospel perverters.
                        I don't necessarily agree with everything they teach, I think their theology is a bit off in places, but I wouldn't call them gospel perverters.

                        Mostly, I just think the way Ray witnesses, both one-on-one and street preaching is probably one of the more efficient ways of doing it, and I've used his method to bring a couple of people to Christ.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
                          Tell them to...do what Jesus says to do.
                          So, you tell them to depart from Jesus? (Matthew 7:23 KJV)

                          What evidence do you have to support your claim that what you call "evidence" is evidence?

                          MAGA (Masking America's Gullible Apes)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by heir View Post
                            See, here you are again with your obedience talk, but not specifying what that entails.
                            It is an elevator ride.

                            And JESUS is the one that shows us the Way.
                            Oh how I love the Word of God!

                            Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by heir View Post
                              What Peter preached to the one Gentile house he preached to is consistent with the gospel of the kingdom, not the gospel of Christ. Cornelius' house never heard the gospel of Christ.
                              He never heard the gospel of Christ?
                              There is only one gospel that saves by giving the Holy Spirit.
                              Oh how I love the Word of God!

                              Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X