Jesus is God !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Matthew 26:63-66 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
63 But Jesus kept silent. Then the high priest said to Him, “By the living God I place You under oath: tell us if You are the Messiah, the Son of God!”

64 “You have said it,” Jesus told him. “But I tell you, in the future you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

65 Then the high priest tore his robes and said, “He has blasphemed! Why do we still need witnesses? Look, now you’ve heard the blasphemy! 66 What is your decision?”

They answered, “He deserves death!”

Ps82

Amen. Jesus is God Is 43:11
I (God) even I am LORD; beside me there is no Savior. Jesus was that Savior. How? He was/is the living invisible but audible WORD of God-who was God according to John 1. He and the Father are one according to Jn. 10:30,36-38. He came bearing the express image of God the Father according to Jn 12:45; Jn14:9-10; Col. 1:15.
He was filled with the spirit and power of God without measure (IOW all of the Spirit of God not a mere portion) according to Jn:3:35. He is God's Savior who brings everlasting life to those who accept him according to Jn3:36.

Sadly, those who do not recognize him as LORD and Savior, as foretold in Is 43:11, will retain the wrath of God that is upon them.

pondsbb

Amen. Jesus is God Is 43:11
I (God) even I am LORD; beside me there is no Savior. Jesus was that Savior. How? He was/is the living invisible but audible WORD of God-who was God according to John 1. He and the Father are one according to Jn. 10:30,36-38. He came bearing the express image of God the Father according to Jn 12:45; Jn14:9-10; Col. 1:15.
He was filled with the spirit and power of God without measure (IOW all of the Spirit of God not a mere portion) according to Jn:3:35. He is God's Savior who brings everlasting life to those who accept him according to Jn3:36.

Sadly, those who do not recognize him as LORD and Savior, as foretold in Is 43:11, will retain the wrath of God that is upon them.
1 John 5:7-8 KJV
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. [8] And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

beloved57

Jesus is declared to be God when its revealed that He upholds all things by the word of His power Heb 1:3

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

And it was God as Man that by Himself He purged the sins of Gods elect, sheep !

Yet this God Man upholds all things by the word of His own ability or power. The word power here is dunamis noting ones own innate ability, a different word for power is used when speaking of the Father giving Him all power here Matt 28:18 where the word for power is ἐξουσία

Also He is said to uphold all things. The word uphold is the word pheró meaning:

I carry, bear, bring; I conduct, lead; perhaps: I make publicly known.

the preserver of the universe

This characteristic is written of God in the OT here 2 Chron 2:6

6 But who is able to build him an house, seeing the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain him? who am I then, that I should build him an house, save only to burn sacrifice before him?

Which some of the ancients render:

The Targumist on 2 Chronicles 2:6 uses a phrase very much like this, of God, whom the heaven of heavens cannot contain; because, adds he, , "he bears", or "sustains all things by the arm of his power";

Another scripture speaking more directly of God being the preserver of all things Neh 9:6

Thou, even thou, art Lord alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

Nanja

Jesus is declared to be God when its revealed that He upholds all things by the word of His power Heb 1:3

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

And it was God as Man that by Himself He purged the sins of Gods elect, sheep !

Yet this God Man upholds all things by the word of His own ability or power. The word power here is dunamis noting ones own innate ability, a different word for power is used when speaking of the Father giving Him all power here Matt 28:18 where the word for power is ἐξουσία

Also He is said to uphold all things. The word uphold is the word pheró meaning:

I carry, bear, bring; I conduct, lead; perhaps: I make publicly known.

the preserver of the universe

This characteristic is written of God in the OT here 2 Chron 2:6

6 But who is able to build him an house, seeing the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain him? who am I then, that I should build him an house, save only to burn sacrifice before him?

Which some of the ancients render:

The Targumist on 2 Chronicles 2:6 uses a phrase very much like this, of God, whom the heaven of heavens cannot contain; because, adds he, , "he bears", or "sustains all things by the arm of his power";

Another scripture speaking more directly of God being the preserver of all things Neh 9:6

Thou, even thou, art Lord alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

Amen ! Jesus Christ is God, and upholds all things by the Word of his Power Heb. 1:3, "and thou preservest them all" Neh. 9:6. That is to say, all the men that He Created Col. 1:16 according to His Eternal Purpose Eph. 3:11, preserves the physical life He gives them, and they are dependent upon Him all of their natural lives; whether jew or gentile. So in this regard, God is the Saviour of all men throughout their natural lives.

1 Tim. 4:10
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Now those that are given John 3:27; Phil. 1:29; Gal. 5:22 to Believe on Christ in New Birth are exclusive to His Sheep, God's Elect.

beloved57

Did Jesus Christ ever Identify Himself as God ? He most certainly did, note the Book of Revelation Rev 1:8,11

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Rev 21:6

6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Rev 22:13

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Now this title belongs to Jehovah Isa 41:4

4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the Lord, the first, and with the last; I am he

Isa 44:6

6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isa 48:12

12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

​​​​​​​These also indicate the plurality in the God Head !

Nanja

Amen Brother, there definitely is a plurality of Unity within the One True God, for that is exactly what Elohiym denotes and reveals: Gen. 1:26a And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: Gen. 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

beloved57

Amen Brother, there definitely is a plurality of Unity within the One True God, for that is exactly what Elohiym denotes and reveals: Gen. 1:26a And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: Gen. 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Amen Sister!

TrevorL

Greetings beloved57 and Nanja,
Isa 48:12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.
These also indicate the plurality in the God Head !
I suggest that the expression “I am he; I am the first, I also am the last” is a different expression to the Trinity. It is part of a larger teaching that God the Father is revealed through our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God. It is Yahweh, God the Father who is the singular "I".

I suggest that Genesis 1:26 is the One God, Yahweh, God the Father, the Creator inviting the Angels to participate in the Creation of man. Refer Psalm 8:1,5 where David summarises Genesis 1:26-27 and where Elohim is translated as the Angels.

Kind regards
Trevor

beloved57

Greetings beloved57 and Nanja, I suggest that the expression “I am he; I am the first, I also am the last” is a different expression to the Trinity. It is part of a larger teaching that God the Father is revealed through our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God. It is Yahweh, God the Father who is the singular "I".
I suggest that Genesis 1:26 is the One God, Yahweh, God the Father, the Creator inviting the Angels to participate in the Creation of man. Refer Psalm 8:1,5 where David summarises Genesis 1:26-27 and where Elohim is translated as the Angels.

Kind regards
Trevor

Now that is hilarious!

TrevorL

Greetings again beloved57,
Now that is hilarious!
I am surprised that after over 20,000 posts and numerous posts on this thread you do not seem to have come to a proper understanding of the Bible revelation of God the Father and His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ.

Kind regards
Trevor

beloved57

Greetings again beloved57,I am surprised that after over 20,000 posts and numerous posts on this thread you do not seem to have come to a proper understanding of the Bible revelation of God the Father and His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ.

Kind regards
Trevor

I'm not surprised that you don't have a true understanding.

TrevorL

Greetings again beloved57,
I'm not surprised that you don't have a true understanding.
Fair enough comment. A few comments on such threads and some examples. I first joined a forum many years ago and at that time a very thorough treatment of some aspects of this topic was running. There were definitely two opposed opinions, but the subject was covered sequentially and at the end there was some agreement. There was no constant repetition, and no superfluous comments and accusations. I have a copy of this thread, even though the particular forum has been reset and the thread lost, and I use it for reference.

I also responded to a Trinity thread on another forum, and my post was early in the thread and most of the thread was occupied by a Trinitarian proposing a verse, and then expecting me to give a response. I also added a few of my own verses and general explanations. Again there was no superfluous comments and accusations. Towards the end I made a summary of the thread, listing the Post No. of where each verse was considered and near the end of the discussion the Moderator added a post on 1 John 5:7 endorsing this despite objections by some of the Trinitarians, and he then closed the thread. But again I use this thread for reference occasionally. The thread is still available on that site, but I was banned by the same moderator.

In comparison, I suggest that it would be difficult at present to find where the substantial discussion has occurred on this thread. Possibly this thread will continue for another 8 years and I may glance occasionally and respond to some of the various shallow claims. I especially have a strong conviction on Genesis 1:26-27 but more reticent to explain Revelation 1, as I am content with my understanding but have difficulty in explaining this to others and usually try to avoid this Scripture in discussion.

Kind regards
Trevor

Last edited:

Pierac

Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !
Soooo... back the the original question ...

No One but God is Good

One day a "rich young ruler" came to Jesus and asked him, "Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?" (Luke 18:18). Jesus replied, "Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone" (v. 19). The traditional explanation I was taught is that Jesus stops this young man right in his tracks because he needed to realize that Jesus really was God. It is as if Jesus said, "Don't you realize who I am? I am God Himself. Don't call me ‘good’ without remembering this. Recognize who it is you are talking to!" Sound a bit strained? Whilst admitting that Jesus’ reply is difficult I think there's a better explanation. Jesus was saying that he himself is not God. This is the natural, obvious sense so let's look at it in more detail.

The word for "good" here is the Greek word agathos. It is an adjective which according to the G. Abbott-Smith, A Manual Greek lexicon of the New Testament, third edition. Agathos properly refers to "inner excellence." In Joseph Henry Thayer’s, A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, agathos when used of God refers to the fact that He is completely, perfectly, and essentially good.

Jesus says that only God is agathos or good. It refers to God's holiness, his "otherness," that which sets Him apart from all of His creation. On the practical level it means that God cannot help being good, God cannot sin, nor can He even be tempted to sin. God alone is "incorruptible" and immortal (1 Tim 1:17).

On the other hand, Jesus reject for himself the description agathos, that inner quality of perfection which belongs only to God. "In essence he rejects this divine attribute of holiness and, on the negative side, he rejects incorruptibility." This means that Jesus was a real human being and had the option of being either good or bad. Jesus’ temptations were real; he could have succumbed and failed. For he was not agathos, that is not good, and not God in the absolute sense of the word. This means that he was liable to corruption (Acts 2:27). But it also means his victories were real. The Bible teaches that Jesus learned obedience (Heb.5:8). God the Father has never had to learn goodness.

Truly, there was a certain goodness that Jesus did possess. His was a goodness unique in human history. We know that he "increased [grew] in wisdom, in stature, and in favor with God and with man" (Luke 2:52). This was the sinless goodness that had been possible for Adam, originally. This is the goodness that qualified him to be the Good Shepherd who gave his life as a sacrifice for us. But the word describing him as "The Good Shepherd" (John 10:11) is a different Greek word, kalos, meaning morally excellent and worthy of recognition. This type of goodness certainly describes our Savior.

So what does this all mean? Evidently when the young man addressed Jesus as "Good Teacher" Jesus took offense. His response indicates a rebuke in fact: "Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone." (This crucial phrase ei me heis ho theos may also be translated "but the one God," which is a strong unitary monotheistic affirmation from Jesus’ lips: "no one is good but the one God.")

The Trinitarian Raymond E. Brown in his book, An Introduction to New Testament Christology writes, "The text strongly distinguishes between Jesus and God, and that a description of himself to which Jesus objected was applicable to God. From this text, one would never suspect that the evangelist referred to Jesus and God."

Surely we do not honor the Lord Jesus when we attribute to him what he himself rejected and what belongs only to his Father in heaven? If confirmation that this is the correct interpretation is sought, and we need only to turn to revelations 15. After his resurrection and ascension into heaven Jesus is seen leading the worship directed to God his Father. All the victorious Saints of God singing "the song of Moses, the bond-servant of God, and the song of the lamb, saying, ‘Great and marvelous are Your works, O LORD God, the Almighty… Who will not fear, O LORD and glorify Your Name? ForYou alone are Holy" (v. 3-4). Even now in heaven the Lord Jesus’ confession is that his Father "alone" is holy. As the lamb of God, Jesus still worships God his Father as the only one who is good! Only his Father, the Lord God Almighty, is the source of all moral excellence. How much better to agree with our Lord Jesus and confess that there is only one who is good, that is God. Jesus rejects the identification of himself with the one true and good God in Luke 18:19.

beloved57

pierce

Jesus reject for himself the description agathos, that inner quality of perfection which belongs only to God.

When and where ?

In essence he rejects this divine attribute of holiness and, on the negative side, he rejects incorruptibility."

When and where ?

This means that Jesus was a real human being and had the option of being either good or bad.

Half truth and then conjecture !

Jesus’ temptations were real; he could have succumbed and failed.

Yes they were real but Christ couldnt be enticed to sin. There wasnt nothing in Him like in Eve, an inward lust, Christ wasnt. See temptation becomes when it entices James 1:13-15

13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14 but every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

So Jesus as a Man could be tempted/tested but not enticed by His own lust !

The Bible teaches that Jesus learned obedience (Heb.5:8).

He did as a Man, but not as God

Pierac

What About The Alpha and the Omega?

Revelation 1: 8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and is to come, the almighty."

In Revelation 1: 8 God (he who sits on the throne) calls himself "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending... the Almighty. Then in Revelation 1: 11, Messiah calls himself "Alpha and Omega," the beginning and the end. Was he identifying himself as "he who sits on the throne?"

Revelation 1: 11 "Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last, and, what you see write in a book, and send it to the seven congregations which are in Asia; to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphea, and to Laodicea."

That it is Messiah here talking in Rev. 1: 11 there can be no doubt for in verse 17 he repeats, "I am the first and the last," and then in verse 18 he says "I am he that lives, and was dead:" So, we know of a certainty that Messiah called himself Alpha and Omega, and the first and the last, but he did not call himself "the beginning and the end" here. However in Revelation 3: 14 Messiah calls himself the "beginning of the creation of God," then in Revelation 22: 13 he calls himself the "beginning and the end."

The people that say Messiah is God put forth the notion that when Messiah called himself "Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end," he was calling himself God, since God called himself by the same titles in Revelation 1: 8. You have to love their persistence, but I'm about to show you how this cannot be true, because Revelation clearly distinguishes between "he who sits on the throne" and "the Lamb of God." First, lets discuss how God and Messiah could both be called by these same titles, and how, just because they both have the same title, it doesn't mean they are the same person.

To understand what Alpha and Omega and first and last mean, we need only understand that God is doing a work in the earth. He started it on day one of creation, and He's going to finish it. Of course God is the Alpha and Omega of his work, the beginning and the ending, but what about Messiah? How is he the beginning and the ending of God's work on the earth? Well, if you have to ask that you haven't been paying attention, and you have never read your Bible! Messiah IS God's work on the earth, and the culmination of His plan from the very beginning to the very ending! Messiah said it when he said in Revelation 3: 14, "the beginning of the creation of God."

How can God be a part of the "creation?" God and Messiah are both "Alpha and Omega," and "beginning and the ending."

We know that God was talking in Revelation 1: 8 when he said "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending," then he says "he which was, and is, and is to come the Almighty." Also, in Revelation 1: 4 John says "grace be to you and peace from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before HIS THRONE." Thus, John starts out by talking about God almighty, continuing all the way down to verse 11. If any one wants to dispute this, just go get a King James Red Letter Edition. The words of Messiah are all in red, and you will see that verse 1: 8 is not in red. Thus, even the ancient scholars agree it's God talking in verse 1: 8 and not Messiah.

Didn't Messiah call himself
God in Revelation 1: 11?

The answer to the question is clear and a resounding, NO! In Revelation 1: 8 God gives four titles for himself:
  • "Alpha and Omega,"
  • "The beginning and the ending,"
  • "He which is, and was, and is to come,"
  • "The Almighty."
Then, in other places in Revelation, Messiah uses two of those same titles for Himself, "Alpha and Omega," and "the beginning and the ending." So, because Messiah uses two of the titles from verse 1: 8, everyone wants to assume that the other titles apply, too, including "the Almighty."

That's the strangest logic I've ever heard of. Here's how this flawed logic works:
Fred is a boyscout, a lecturer, a band leader and a football star. Bill is a boyscout, and a lecturer. Bill is Fred's son. Bill must also be a band leader, and a football star!
Just because God and Messiah are both Alpha and Omega and Beginning and Ending, does't mean they are both "the Almighty!" In Revelation Messiah never sits on the throne in Heaven! Revelation chapter 4 describes the throne, and it never mentions Messiah in there.

Then in Revelation 5 it says:
Revelation 5: 1
"And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals."

The one that opens the book according to verse 5 is "the Lamb of God, the Lion of the Tribe of
Judah."

Revelation 5: 5
"And one of the elders said to me, Weep not: behold the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof:"

The Lion, my friends, is Messiah! So, is Messiah sitting on the throne? He's already got the book in his hand then, and should open it any minute, right? WRONG!
Revelation 5: 7 "And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne."

This is the most stark proof that Messiah is not God, otherwise, God is taking the book from himself!
One more thing must be said about the titles "Alpha and Omega, and beginning and ending." These are titles of authority over the Earth. Messiah has been given rulership over the earth even as we speak! When a King hands over his authority on a matter to another, that person becomes the King's authority. Wherever the person who has been given the authority acts in this authority, he acts in the King's stead, and is treated as if the King himself were standing there! Right now, Messiah has been given God's authority over the Earth!

1 Corinthians 15: 24- 27
"24 Then comes the end, when he (Messiah) shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, until he has put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he has put all things under his feet. But when he says all things are put under him it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him."

The word, excepted, used here is the greek word "ektos" which means "aside from," or "besides," or "other than," or "someone else." It's saying here clearly and with out mistake that God is "excepted" or is "someone other than" Messiah. They aren't the same.

1 Corinthians 15: 28 And when all things shall be subdued to him, then shall the Son also himself be subject to him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all."
In light of all the overwhelming evidence, how does anyone say that God and Messiah are the same person? Messiah is right now reigning in God's stead on the Earth, but there comes a day when he delivers the kingdom back up to God, and he himself will be a "subject" of the Lord of Heaven, God Almighty. How can any of this happen if they are the same person?
Even if the titles of "Alpha and Omega," and "the beginning and the ending" are titles reserved exclusively for God Almighty (which they aren't) but if they were, we've already learned that Messiah was "the oracle of the Father, God." Messiah made it clear that whenever he spoke, it wasn't his words, but God the Father's. Therefore, even if Messiah had stood up in a crowded room and said "I am the Lord God Almighty hear my voice this day and obey," Messiah still wouldn't have been claiming to be God! Messiah speaking words that only God should speak doesn't prove he's God, it only proves that he was right when he said, "the words I speak are not my own, but the Father's who sent me."

This isn't that hard to understand! A child can see the simple truth here being proposed. It takes a truly "learned expert" to muddy up the waters and turn such a simple truth into something so complicated that "no one" can understand it anymore, then stand back and declare, "of course you don't understand, it's a .... myyyysssterrrry! God doesn't want us to understand everything!"

It's not that hard guys,
Shalom

beloved57

pierce

This means that he was liable to corruption (Acts 2:27).

Thats absolutely false, He was not subject to corruption, God wouldnt suffer that !

27 because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

This was the sinless goodness that had been possible for Adam, originally.

Sorry no where close, Adam was made a natural man, with inward propensities to sin, in fact he was a sinner waiting to happen, not so with Christ !

So what does this all mean? Evidently when the young man addressed Jesus as "Good Teacher" Jesus took offense. His response indicates a rebuke in fact:

Thats your conjecture that He took offence, neither does His response sound liken a rebuke, thats your conjecture.

"Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone." (This crucial phrase ei me heis ho theos may also be translated "but the one God," which is a strong unitary monotheistic affirmation from Jesus’ lips: "no one is good but the one God.")

There is only One God, Elohim which is plurality. Who created the world Gen 1:1

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.