The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
spiritual value..............

spiritual value..............

There is more spiritual value in a superman comic book than there is in the UB.

The UB speaks highly of the importance of 'values' -

100:1.6 Religious experience is markedly influenced by physical health, inherited temperament, and social environment. But these temporal conditions do not inhibit inner spiritual progress by a soul dedicated to the doing of the will of the Father in heaven. There are present in all normal mortals certain innate drives toward growth and self-realization which function if they are not specifically inhibited. The certain technique of fostering this constitutive endowment of the potential of spiritual growth is to maintain an attitude of wholehearted devotion to supreme values.

100:1.7 Religion cannot be bestowed, received, loaned, learned, or lost. It is a personal experience which grows proportionally to the growing quest for final values. Cosmic growth thus attends on the accumulation of meanings and the ever-expanding elevation of values.

~*~*~

111:3.5 The mortal career, the soul’s evolution, is not so much a probation as an education. Faith in the survival of supreme values is the core of religion; genuine religious experience consists in the union of supreme values and cosmic meanings as a realization of universal reality.

111:3.7 In so far as man’s evolving morontia soul becomes permeated by truth, beauty, and goodness as the value-realization of God-consciousness, such a resultant being becomes indestructible. If there is no survival of eternal values in the evolving soul of man, then mortal existence is without meaning, and life itself is a tragic illusion. But it is forever true: What you begin in time you will assuredly finish in eternity — if it is worth finishing.

111:4.2 Meanings are derived from a combination of recognition and understanding. Meanings are nonexistent in a wholly sensory or material world. Meanings and values are only perceived in the inner or supermaterial spheres of human experience.

~*~*~

195:5.8 Religion is designed to find those values in the universe which call forth faith, trust, and assurance; religion culminates in worship. Religion discovers for the soul those supreme values which are in contrast with the relative values discovered by the mind. Such superhuman insight can be had only through genuine religious experience.

Your above statement is a clear reflection of ignorance.

pj

Aimiel

Sorry, but the only 'genuine' religious experience one will find by studying the UB is that of demonic doctrine. The book itself is not from God, but from a demon, obviously. It lays aside The Holy Bible and tramples Jesus' Blood underfoot.

The Father

BANNED
Banned
Sorry, but the only 'genuine' religious experience one will find by studying the UB is that of demonic doctrine. The book itself is not from God, but from a demon, obviously. It lays aside The Holy Bible and tramples Jesus' Blood underfoot.

Amiel,

Have you read this book? It’s quite large, were you once a part of this movement?

How do you know about what demons write?

If demons write about faith in God, aren’t they divided against themselves as Christ taught?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Getting right to it.......

Getting right to it.......

Amiel,

Have you read this book? It’s quite large, were you once a part of this movement?

If demons write about faith in God, aren’t they divided against themselves as Christ taught?

Hi TF,

Thru-out this entire thread one can honestly investigate all that is shared. There is enough here if one will go THRU the entire thread, if they want to invest the time. Its about taking the time to research. <---links are in 'blue hilight' )

Demons do not teach the ethical values and high ideals of goodness, truth and beauty, neither do they inspire one to do God's will, worship his Deity, and serve others in the kingdom. These critics haven't a clue, but are blindly enslaved by their own narrow 'concept' and 'version' of 'pop-Christianity', demonizing anything that does not agree with their 'caricature' of 'Jesus' or their saran-wrapped version of the 'gospel'.

Everything, - commentary and resource portals are here thru-out this thread, - but nothing takes the place of actually reading the papers (first 12 are recommended) or any other portions that interest you, but the first 12 papers are 'foundational' to the 'theology'. They cover the 3 primary branches of human knowledge - 'religion', 'science' and 'philosophy' (the history of the universe and our planet's origin, evolution and destiny),...with Paper 4 being an extensive/complete record of the life and teachings of Jesus, who is Our Creator Son, the Savior and Lord of our planet and our universe.

Whether one deems it an authentic cosmic revelation given by celestials as it claims, a blend of inspired human minds plus a share of 'religious science-fiction' or whatever, that can only be determined by an honest reading of the material.

Since we've spanned over 200 pages here, we've probably covered most of the common subjects and controversies about the UB already, so perhaps I'll look into making an extended 'index-page' for reference. In any case, enjoy what resources exist,....the forum is always open for 'dialogue'. The UB is a tome of epochal significance, universalizing the field of religious studies, philosophical inquiry and progressive science. Persons from various religious backgrounds and disciplines can find something meaningful to glean from, connect with and relate to.

Namaste,

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
God Alone is Light..............

God Alone is Light..............

Satan comes as an "angel of light!"

First of all, you don't even know if a being 'Satan' even exists apart from your own imagination, which may make your 'concept' of an 'angel of light' even more ephemeral (granted we only trust by faith, that a religious 'book' or 'person' claims he exists, be it 'real' or 'mythological) - You've been biased and ignorant since your arrival on this thread, and are unqualified even discussing the UB, since you've read no significant portions, neither have you done a fair, objective, thorough investigation (considering all points of view, all sides, all pros and cons) on the matter, except your patent 'knee-jerk' retorts and grade-school exclamation points.

Except for 'trolling' the thread, and 'apologizing' for your own version of 'Christianity', not much going for you here :idunno: - perhaps you'll find greener pastures elsewhere.

pj

Aimiel

Have you read this book?
Feather,

No, I haven't. Have you?[/QUOTE] It’s quite large, were you once a part of this movement?[/QUOTE]I know it is. So is a Sears Catalogue. I have never been part of a 'movement' but I don't think the Urantia nonsense makes the grade as one, either.
I've read several accounts which make a pretty good case for this drivel to have been channeled by a demon spirit and the demonic doctrine it espouses stands the acid test.
If demons write about faith in God, aren't they divided against themselves as Christ taught?
Yes, and certainly are doomed to failure, which is why so many groups are fighting amongst themselves as to who actually might be 'leader' of the Urantia fan club. They are quoting Scripture and re-writing same, and making a mockery of God and sound doctrine; the worst of which (IMHO) is the Blood of Christ being for naught.

Aimiel

Then how do you know Jesus isn't Satan if Satan has all these powers? Christ was accused of being in league with devils and he did claim in the end to be God of this world? If Satan teaches faith and doubt, then what distinguishes Jesus?
His good works. He went about doing good: healing all who were oppressed of the devil.

Satan doesn't have any power, except through men who give him a voice in this world. Those who loan their members to him belong to him and give him power over their life by speaking on his behalf. All it takes is one man's tongue to allow the fires of hell to burn things in this world. Without men speaking on behalf of Satan he has no ability to do anything in this world. The problem isn't the men who give him voice, even though we see and hear them, it is the spirit behind them that we are enemies of (if we are Christian). We are to seek to find ways to win them to Christ and in doing so will defeat the enemy by converting his army to God's use. :rapture:

Aimiel

Demons do not teach the ethical values and high ideals of goodness, truth and beauty
You're right, they don't; which is why I'm against the UB, because the slime found in it's pages isn't high, good, beautiful or (least of all) true.
...neither do they inspire one to do God's will, worship his Deity, and serve others in the kingdom.
Amen. The only god you serve by reading or taking the advice of the Urania nonsense is Jebus, who is a false god that doesn't even exist. :devil:
These critics haven't a clue, but are blindly enslaved by their own narrow 'concept' and 'version' of 'pop-Christianity', demonizing anything that does not agree with their 'caricature' of 'Jesus' or their saran-wrapped version of the 'gospel'.
I have more than a clue, even though I criticize your precious UB. I have all the 'clues' that I need. It doesn't line up with The Holy Scriptures, ergo: it's 'another' gospel...

Galatians 1:9
As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

The author(s) of the Urantia Book ARE accursed.
Whether one deems it an authentic cosmic revelation given by celestials as it claims, a blend of inspired human minds plus a share of 'religious science-fiction' or whatever, that can only be determined by an honest reading of the material.
I'd deem it: Biblically plagiarized fiction. It doesn't qualify as anything more.

JosephR

You're right, they don't; which is why I'm against the UB, because the slime found in it's pages isn't high, good, beautiful or (least of all) true.Amen. The only god you serve by reading or taking the advice of the Urania nonsense is Jebus, who is a false god that doesn't even exist. :devil:I have more than a clue, even though I criticize your precious UB. I have all the 'clues' that I need. It doesn't line up with The Holy Scriptures, ergo: it's 'another' gospel...

Galatians 1:9
As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

The author(s) of the Urantia Book ARE accursed.I'd deem it: Biblically plagiarized fiction. It doesn't qualify as anything more.

wo to you .. did the Son of Man tell the woman at the well,she was accursed? why no, He saved her. and she did serve "another god"..and He even told her, my duty is to my flock first, but MERCY HE did show her.. oh un merciful Christian..

Aimiel

First of all, you don't even know if a being 'Satan' even exists apart from your own imagination...
Jesus addressed him, as well as, "Legion," and other demons, directly. He wasn't mad. He wasn't imagining things. Demons exist. Satan exists. Denying his existence is one way his minions fool people into blind submission. You've been hoodwinked by your own imaginary idols into thinking that universalism and all the other foolishness you've swallowed is actually Truth. Christ is The One and Only Truth. You have bought into every religious lie the enemy has thought up and pretended was truth and attack every soul who ever approaches you with real Biblical Truth as if they were your enemy. You're possessed by demons but think you're a saint. You need to buy a clue. You're a devil. You've bought into their lies and imitated their personality for so long, they don't even need to speak to you or through you... you do it for them because you are even more evil than they are. :duh:

Aimiel

wo to you .. did the Son of Man tell the woman at the well,she was accursed? why no, He saved her. and she did serve "another god"..and He even told her, my duty is to my flock first, but MERCY HE did show her.. oh un merciful Christian..
The woman at the well was looking for a pitcher of water, not trying to sell Jesus a false god's religious book. Also: I didn't create the doctrine of those who give a false gospel being accursed; I merely pointed out the fact that it is true, since it's stated in Scripture. I believe Scripture over anyone. God authored The Holy Bible, through men who obeyed His Spirit. I don't doubt one Word of my Bible.

JosephR

The woman at the well was looking for a pitcher of water, not trying to sell Jesus a false god's religious book. Also: I didn't create the doctrine of those who give a false gospel being accursed; I merely pointed out the fact that it is true, since it's stated in Scripture. I believe Scripture over anyone. God authored The Holy Bible, through men who obeyed His Spirit. I don't doubt one Word of my Bible.

HAHA ok,, lets do this,, show me your authority of your bible please?

JosephR

Could you please re-phrase the question, by making sense this time? :confused:

I will show you what YOU mean, and skip a few steps here..

2 timothy 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

am I right so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.