climate hockey stick defeated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    What do you call a busload of lawyers going off a cliff?
    The House Republican caucus at the impeachment hearings.

Comment

Originally posted by Stripe View Post
      What do you call a busload of lawyers going off a cliff?
      cause for celebration?

Comment

Waste of a perfectly good bus.
        Where is the evidence for a global flood?
        E≈mc2
        "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
        -Bob B.

Comment

Dr Ball. Dr Mann.......... which doctor is right?
          Is the climate changing?
          Are the world's glaciers retreating?
          Is the Greenland ice-cap melting?
          Is Arctic ice reducing?
          Is the Antarctic shedding more massive bergs than in past decades?

All I know is that billions of pounds have been spent on building new sea walls along all of the low-lying UK shorelines, and billions of tons of shingle have been dropped along our beaches in order to reduce wave impact on cliffs and sea defences. The new walls where I live are very very impressive! Very expensive!

Researchers had been predicting a One meter rise in sea level this century, but now they seem to be raising that estimate towards 2 meters.

Tell you what........ those who wish to can take their thrones down to the sea shore! A brilliant investment these people would be to buy up all the low lying properties as their values reduce..... what a nice little earner for them...... if nothing changes.

But just you watch the sea levels, and if the majority of climate researchers are right, just you watch the denialists as they try to claim that they always believed that it would happen.

Dr Mann? Dr Ball? Let them argue away........ in the UK we are moving now. Actions speak louder than words.

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post
            Is the climate changing?
            always has been, always will be

google "doggerland" for some perspective

Are the world's glaciers retreating?
            Is the Greenland ice-cap melting?
            Is Arctic ice reducing?
            Is the Antarctic shedding more massive bergs than in past decades?
            what, you think we should live in an ice age?

All I know is that billions of pounds have been spent on building new sea walls along all of the low-lying UK shorelines, and billions of tons of shingle have been dropped along our beaches in order to reduce wave impact on cliffs and sea defences. The new walls where I live are very very impressive! Very expensive!
            congratulations, sucker

Researchers had been predicting a One meter rise in sea level this century, but now they seem to be raising that estimate towards 2 meters.
            in other words, their predictions are unreliable

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post

congratulations, sucker

in other words, their predictions are unreliable
              Sucker?

Our beaches look fantastic now, and Dutch engineers built us a new harbour while raising our seawalls.

Suckers? Don't think so.

And it's true that our researchers have needed to recognise that sea level rise is going to be faster and higher than predicted, but that can't help the denialists much.

Comment

... that can't help the denialists much.
                what I deny (not speaking for anybody but myself) is that "climate science" is anything but a crock of crap

Comment

what I deny (not speaking for anybody but myself) is that "climate science" is anything but a crock of crap
                  Good.
                  Well that makes sense.
                  I also deny that climate research results are rubbish.... they need to be taken very seriously.

But we are getting benbefits from our efforts to reduce CO2 and other emissions, mostly from IC engines but also from gas boilers and any coal burning installations that still exist. Our cities are becoming cleaner.

Where I live I can look offshore and see the second biggest windfarm in the world, 100 square kilometers of wind turbines. It's an amazing sight. Yeah.....we're taking it pretty seriously here.

Comment

Tell you what........ those who wish to can take their thrones down to the sea shore! A brilliant investment these people would be to buy up all the low lying properties as their values reduce..... what a nice little earner for them...... if nothing changes.
                    obama the champion of climate change rhetoric
                    is buying waterfront property for 14 million
                    clearly not worried about rising sea levels

Comment

Originally posted by way 2 go View Post
                      Because the property is above the level expected in the next century or so. Would you like me to show you that?

Comment

Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
                        Because the property is above the level expected in the next century or so. Would you like me to show you that?
                        obamas rich he can build sea walls but that doesn't change the fact ...

hey al gore another champion of climate change rhetoric
                        has a $9 million ocean view villa in Montecito

Comment

Barbarian observes:

obamas rich he can build sea walls
                          Why would he bother when his property is high enough that the sea won't rise to it in his lifetime?

hey al gore another champion of climate change rhetoric
                          has a $9 million ocean view villa in Montecito
                          Which is also well above expected sea rise levels. Would you like me to show you that?

Comment

Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
                            Barbarian observes:Because the property is above the level expected in the next century or so. Would you like me to show you that?Why would he bother when his property is high enough that the sea won't rise to it in his lifetime?Which is also well above expected sea rise levels. Would you like me to show you that?
                            Remember when Barbarian was lecturing everyone over how it's not sea-level rise that is the direct concern, it is the bigger storms and higher base for storm surges?

He sure doesn't.

Maybe he needs someone to show him that.
                            Where is the evidence for a global flood?
                            E≈mc2
                            "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
                            -Bob B.

Comment

Exxon knew

Comment

Huh?
                                President Obama has never been here.... where I live.
                                I don't know why you mentioned him in connection with anything that I have written.

Rising Sea Levels is not connected to politics.
                                When I was young we did get very high tides, but they were mostly caused by three-day blows from the N.E which we don't get so often now.

I have seen the high tide averages rising up our beaches until high springs reach up to the concrete sea wall even during calm periods. And I have wondered why this does not make news where I live. And I have seen the massive works continuing to raise sea walls and install floods gates along our whole sea shore line. But it makes sense to work hard and fast, but quietly, if its all correct!!

But there is not much news about all this, and coupled with predictions of a 1 meter rise this century, and with suggestions that this rise could be higher....... this has caused me to consider...... not because I voted any which way, but because my wife is younger than me and if predictions are correct she will live to see her home to be on an island at high tidea!

I reckon that even with a 3 meter rise she will be alright in her lifetime......... but your backhanders about an American politician.... well, they just make me wonder about your motivations.

Comment

Working...
                                X