U.S. Christian Population in Freefall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stripe View Post
    You seem determined to get everything wrong.

The Bible says "six days" and "the whole Earth," which denies evolution any space.

Would you like us to show you those verses again?
    Hmm, six "days" of indeterminate length apparently. 24 hours could be more or less depending...

Well this is fun isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
      Hmm, six "days" of indeterminate length apparently. 24 hours could be more or less depending...

How do you suppose that, I wonder?

Comment

Um, yeah, and I'm supposed to be the one who's "begging for your attention"?

Please feel free to not reply.

If a troll tries to provoke you, just ignore them. They’re not worth your time or emotional distress. Try not to take anything personally and remind yourself that their bad behavior does not change who you are.

Remember that a person who seems like a troll is actually the one suffering in some way and is trying to distract themselves and make themselves feel better by taking it out on you. If you can, try to have a good laugh and think about how sad it is that people actually feel the need to insult complete strangers on the internet.

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-int...olling-3485891

Comment

Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
          A person who seems like a troll is actually the one suffering in some way and is trying to distract themselves and make themselves feel better by taking it out on you.
          Gee, Barbarian must be only hanging on by a thread.

Have a good laugh and think about how sad it is that people actually feel the need to insult complete strangers on the Internet.

Barbarian.
          Where is the evidence for a global flood?
          E≈mc2
          "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
          -Bob B.

Comment

Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
            From the thread where there could be an additional 5.24 days in a year or some such...

If a troll tries to provoke you, just ignore them. They’re not worth your time or emotional distress. Try not to take anything personally and remind yourself that their bad behavior does not change who you are.

Remember that a person who seems like a troll is actually the one suffering in some way and is trying to distract themselves and make themselves feel better by taking it out on you. If you can, try to have a good laugh and think about how sad it is that people actually feel the need to insult complete strangers on the internet.

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-int...olling-3485891
            Eh, no emotional distress or anything here, in fact I find it bemusing more than anything. Still, I take your sentiments on board.

Comment

Um, by all means correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you have a post earlier in this thread to me saying that Christianity and fundamentalism are the same thing in response to my post to Tambora? If so, they aren't and if not, my bad...

Comment

Um, by all means correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you have a post earlier in this thread to me saying that Christianity and fundamentalism are the same thing in response to my post to Tambora? If so, they aren't and if not, my bad...

I did, iirc. But what does that have to do with this?

Comment

I did, iirc. But what does that have to do with this?
                  Ok, then what happened to it? It has nothing to do with the following, obviously. I'm just wondering what happened to the post that you made earlier and has since disappeared.

Comment

Ok, then what happened to it? It has nothing to do with the following, obviously. I'm just wondering what happened to the post that you made earlier and has since disappeared.
                    OH, I know what happened. I moved it to a different thread, and didn't separate the post out.

One sec...

Comment

• Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                      OH, I know what happened. I moved it to a different thread, and didn't separate the post out.

One sec...
                      OK, fair enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
                        OK, fair enough.

Speaking of fundamentalism...

Far-right evangelical talk radio host Rick Wiles asserted on Tuesday that conservative Americans will “hunt” Democrats if President Donald Trump is removed from office.

Wiles, a Florida pastor who is an ardent antisemite and conspiracy theorist, made the comments while speaking on his televised TruNews show, which is hosted on the End Times broadcasting network, during a segment about the ongoing impeachment inquiry against the president.

“If they take him out, there is going to be violence in America. There are people in this country, veterans, cowboys, mountain men, guys that know how to fight, and they’re going to make a decision that the people that did this to Donald Trump are not going to get away with it and they’re going to hunt them down,” Wiles said, before adding that he is deadly “serious.”

“If these people in Washington think that they are going to get away with it, it’s not going to happen,” he continued. “The Trump supporters are going to hunt them down. It’s going to happen and this country is going to be plunged into darkness and they brought it upon themselves because they won’t back off.”

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
                          Couldn't help yourself, huh?

So ironic...

LOL

What's your gripe, man? I LOL at all your jokes, don't I?
                          All my ancestors are human.
                          PS: All your ancestors are human.
                          PPS: To all you cats, dogs, monkeys, and other assorted house pets whose masters are outsourcing the task of TOL post-writing to you (we know who you are )– you may disregard the PS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stripe View Post
                            You seem determined to get everything wrong.

The Bible says "six days" and "the whole Earth," which denies evolution any space.

Would you like us to show you those verses again?

From the thread where there could be an additional 5.24 days in a year or some such...
                            I don't remember what I had said originally, so allow me to compose a new response.

The days were only slightly longer. The orbit didn't change.

How was an hour defined, Arthur? 1/24th of a day, yes?

Which means that hours would have been slightly longer before the flood.

No change in number of hours, just that the days were slightly longer.

All of that, just to say that there is STILL not enough time for evolution to happen, because the Bible says "six days" and "at the beginning God made man male and female."

Comment

• Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
                              Speaking of fundamentalism...

Far-right evangelical talk radio host Rick Wiles asserted on Tuesday that conservative Americans will “hunt” Democrats if President Donald Trump is removed from office.

Wiles, a Florida pastor who is an ardent antisemite and conspiracy theorist, made the comments while speaking on his televised TruNews show, which is hosted on the End Times broadcasting network, during a segment about the ongoing impeachment inquiry against the president.

“If they take him out, there is going to be violence in America. There are people in this country, veterans, cowboys, mountain men, guys that know how to fight, and they’re going to make a decision that the people that did this to Donald Trump are not going to get away with it and they’re going to hunt them down,” Wiles said, before adding that he is deadly “serious.”

“If these people in Washington think that they are going to get away with it, it’s not going to happen,” he continued. “The Trump supporters are going to hunt them down. It’s going to happen and this country is going to be plunged into darkness and they brought it upon themselves because they won’t back off.”
                              cool

hope somebody puts it on youtube

Comment

• Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
                                Trolls are notoriously easy to confuse. Give him a break.
                                VS
                                That's what the "ignore" function is for. Once I locked out the trolls, it was a whole lot more pleasant and civil here. You should try it.
                                and
                                If a troll tries to provoke you, just ignore them. They’re not worth your time or emotional distress.
                                The Barbarian, here, has admitted that he suffers "emotional distress" because those who ask him questions which embarrass him in his passionate commitment to irrationality (aka "trolls") are so "notoriously easy to confuse". Good grief! Just try to fathom the abysmal, inky black despondency The Barbarian suffers whenever he meets with opponents who are impossible to confuse! Zoinks!!!

Evidently, for The Barbarian to "give a break" to his opponents is simply for The Barbarian to use "the "ignore" function" to "lock out" those opponents. It seems that, by "giving a break" to his opponent, The Barbarian is really just trying to give himself a break from the emotional distress caused him by his inability to deal (to his own, and to his opponent's, satisfaction) with his opponent's questions and objections.

Eh, no emotional distress or anything here, in fact I find it bemusing more than anything. Still, I take your sentiments on board.

Of course, The Barbarian has, for months, had me, 7djengo7, "locked out" (whatever that's supposed to mean!) by means of his peerless mastery of "the "ignore" function".

Prediction: The Barbarian will not react to this post of mine by using "the "Quote" function" and/or "the "Reply" function" to directly mention and/or reply to this post of mine.

Prediction: The Barbarian's high-five buddy, Arthur Brain, will do what I just predicted The Barbarian will not do. He never lets me down!

Stay tuned...
                                All my ancestors are human.
                                PS: All your ancestors are human.
                                PPS: To all you cats, dogs, monkeys, and other assorted house pets whose masters are outsourcing the task of TOL post-writing to you (we know who you are )– you may disregard the PS.

Comment

Working...
                                X