U.S. Christian Population in Freefall

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
OK, fair enough.

Speaking of fundamentalism...

Far-right evangelical talk radio host Rick Wiles asserted on Tuesday that conservative Americans will “hunt” Democrats if President Donald Trump is removed from office.

Wiles, a Florida pastor who is an ardent antisemite and conspiracy theorist, made the comments while speaking on his televised TruNews show, which is hosted on the End Times broadcasting network, during a segment about the ongoing impeachment inquiry against the president.

“If they take him out, there is going to be violence in America. There are people in this country, veterans, cowboys, mountain men, guys that know how to fight, and they’re going to make a decision that the people that did this to Donald Trump are not going to get away with it and they’re going to hunt them down,” Wiles said, before adding that he is deadly “serious.”

“If these people in Washington think that they are going to get away with it, it’s not going to happen,” he continued. “The Trump supporters are going to hunt them down. It’s going to happen and this country is going to be plunged into darkness and they brought it upon themselves because they won’t back off.”

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You seem determined to get everything wrong. :chuckle:

The Bible says "six days" and "the whole Earth," which denies evolution any space.

Would you like us to show you those verses again?

Hmm, six "days" of indeterminate length apparently. 24 hours could be more or less depending...

:plain:

How do you suppose that, I wonder?

From the thread where there could be an additional 5.24 days in a year or some such...

I don't remember what I had said originally, so allow me to compose a new response.

The days were only slightly longer. The orbit didn't change.

How was an hour defined, Arthur? 1/24th of a day, yes?

Which means that hours would have been slightly longer before the flood.

No change in number of hours, just that the days were slightly longer.

All of that, just to say that there is STILL not enough time for evolution to happen, because the Bible says "six days" and "at the beginning God made man male and female."

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Far-right evangelical talk radio host Rick Wiles asserted on Tuesday that conservative Americans will “hunt” Democrats if President Donald Trump is removed from office.

Wiles, a Florida pastor who is an ardent antisemite and conspiracy theorist, made the comments while speaking on his televised TruNews show, which is hosted on the End Times broadcasting network, during a segment about the ongoing impeachment inquiry against the president.

“If they take him out, there is going to be violence in America. There are people in this country, veterans, cowboys, mountain men, guys that know how to fight, and they’re going to make a decision that the people that did this to Donald Trump are not going to get away with it and they’re going to hunt them down,” Wiles said, before adding that he is deadly “serious.”

“If these people in Washington think that they are going to get away with it, it’s not going to happen,” he continued. “The Trump supporters are going to hunt them down. It’s going to happen and this country is going to be plunged into darkness and they brought it upon themselves because they won’t back off.”

cool

hope somebody puts it on youtube :)

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Trolls are notoriously easy to confuse. Give him a break.
VS
That's what the "ignore" function is for. Once I locked out the trolls, it was a whole lot more pleasant and civil here. You should try it.
and
If a troll tries to provoke you, just ignore them. They’re not worth your time or emotional distress.

The Barbarian, here, has admitted that he suffers "emotional distress" because those who ask him questions which embarrass him in his passionate commitment to irrationality (aka "trolls") are so "notoriously easy to confuse". Good grief! Just try to fathom the abysmal, inky black despondency The Barbarian suffers whenever he meets with opponents who are impossible to confuse! Zoinks!!!

Evidently, for The Barbarian to "give a break" to his opponents is simply for The Barbarian to use "the "ignore" function" to "lock out" those opponents. It seems that, by "giving a break" to his opponent, The Barbarian is really just trying to give himself a break from the emotional distress caused him by his inability to deal (to his own, and to his opponent's, satisfaction) with his opponent's questions and objections.

Eh, no emotional distress or anything here, in fact I find it bemusing more than anything. Still, I take your sentiments on board.

:e4e:

Of course, The Barbarian has, for months, had me, 7djengo7, "locked out" (whatever that's supposed to mean!) by means of his peerless mastery of "the "ignore" function".

Prediction: The Barbarian will not react to this post of mine by using "the "Quote" function" and/or "the "Reply" function" to directly mention and/or reply to this post of mine.

Prediction: The Barbarian's high-five buddy, Arthur Brain, will do what I just predicted The Barbarian will not do. He never lets me down!

Stay tuned...
:popcorn:​

Arthur Brain

Wow, what an absolute wingnut.

:freak:

Arthur Brain

I don't remember what I had said originally, so allow me to compose a new response.

The days were only slightly longer. The orbit didn't change.

How was an hour defined, Arthur? 1/24th of a day, yes?

Which means that hours would have been slightly longer before the flood.

No change in number of hours, just that the days were slightly longer.

All of that, just to say that there is STILL not enough time for evolution to happen, because the Bible says "six days" and "at the beginning God made man male and female."

Um, no, your response to me in regards to my own response to Tambora was That Christianity is fundamentalism. It had nothing to do with the above and that is tackled elsewhere as it is.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Um, no, your response to me in regards to my own response to Tambora was That Christianity is fundamentalism. It had nothing to do with the above and that is tackled elsewhere as it is.

Then why did you respond to a post that had nothing to do with that?

:dunce:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Are you denying that you posted a response to me saying that fundamentalism is Christianity?
I'm not, I'm asking you why you quoted a post that was about the length of days before the flood, when the post you were looking for was about fundamentalism and Christianity.

Two VERY different subjects.

Please quote, in the response to this post, the post of mine that you want me to respond to.

Arthur Brain

I'm not, I'm asking you why you quoted a post that was about the length of days before the flood, when the post you were looking for was about fundamentalism and Christianity.

Two VERY different subjects.

Please quote, in the response to this post, the post of mine that you want me to respond to.

So, you're not denying it. So where is the post? Why has it mysteriously disappeared into the ether? Your reply to me was in regards to a post I'd made to Tambora...and it had nothing to do with the above but pretty much fundamentalism and Christianity being the same thing.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So, you're not denying it. So where is the post? Why has it mysteriously disappeared into the ether? Your reply to me was in regards to a post I'd made to Tambora...

I told you what happened to it.

OH, I know what happened. I moved it to a different thread, and didn't separate the post out.

One sec...

Allow me to clarify.

When I moved the post, I removed the part of the post that was my reply to you, and then posted the rest of it in another thread.

In other words, I accidentally deleted it by mistake.

I don't move posts around very often because I'm on mobile, so doing it is a bit more challenging, and so while I was moving the post, I forgot to copy the portion relevant to this discussion so that I could re-post it again here.

Like I said. Quote the post that you want me to reply to. Otherwise I'm just going to move on from this discussion.

Arthur Brain

I told you what happened to it.

Allow me to clarify.

When I moved the post, I removed the part of the post that was my reply to you, and then posted the rest of it in another thread.

In other words, I accidentally deleted it by mistake.

I don't move posts around very often because I'm on mobile, so doing it is a bit more challenging, and so while I was moving the post, I forgot to copy the portion relevant to this discussion so that I could re-post it again here.

Like I said. Quote the post that you want me to reply to. Otherwise I'm just going to move on from this discussion.

How can I quote something when it's been deleted? I logged on this morning to have a notification that you had quoted a post of mine whereby you equated Christianity and fundamentalism as one and the same. When I logged in later, said post was nowhere to be seen.

It's not my fault if you can't remember or keep up with your own posts or whatever else. If you do actually consider certain belief criteria to be integral to Christianity then that's up to you. It sure doesn't apply to everyone else.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How can I quote something when it's been deleted? I logged on this morning to have a notification that you had quoted a post of mine whereby you equated Christianity and fundamentalism as one and the same. When I logged in later, said post was nowhere to be seen.

It's not my fault if you can't remember or keep up with your own posts or whatever else. If you do actually consider certain belief criteria to be integral to Christianity then that's up to you. It sure doesn't apply to everyone else.

:think:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Do you equate Christianity and fundamentalism as being one and the same? That's what your deleted post stated before it "disappeared"...or do you want to revise that? You answered to me on the point so enough with the prevarication...

Yes, he sees fundamentalism and 'true' Christianity as one and the same. Something along the lines of Christianity, if you're doing it right, is by definition fundamental.

The Berean

I was wondering if we can actually define terms here.

What is Christianity?

What are the tenets of Christianity?

what is fundamentalism?