X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok doser
    replied
    Originally posted by chair View Post

Yes, and they knew about religious persecution, so they founded a country with no state religion.
    No official state religion yes but a recognition of our Christian heritage.

Leave a comment:

• chair
    replied
    Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
    America's founding fathers were from England and were Christians from different denominations.

They were ENGLISH MEN FROM CHRISTIAN DENOMINATIONS.
    Yes, and they knew about religious persecution, so they founded a country with no state religion.

Leave a comment:

• God's Truth
    replied
    America's founding fathers were from England and were Christians from different denominations.

They were ENGLISH MEN FROM CHRISTIAN DENOMINATIONS.

Leave a comment:

• God's Truth
    replied

I can't help it if you're wrong- that is something you have to figure out.
    So you think speaking the way you do to me means you are wise, or how about twisty?

Leave a comment:

• chair
    replied

America is founded on religious CHRISTIAN freedom.
    I can't help it if you're wrong- that is something you have to figure out.

Leave a comment:

• God's Truth
    replied

I know about religious persecution. Believe me. I understand the history of some of the early European immigrants to North America.
    I am asking you a simple question: does the US have a state religion?
    You are barking up the wrong tree and pretending you aren't.
    I'm not interested in your twist to make it look like you didn't make a boo boo.
    Not interested...

Bye

America is founded on religious CHRISTIAN freedom.

Leave a comment:

• chair
    replied

America is founded on the freedom to worship God through Christ without persecution as used to be in Europe. If you know about state religion then how do you not know about Catholics and Protestants persecuting others with different Christian beliefs?
    I know about religious persecution. Believe me. I understand the history of some of the early European immigrants to North America.
    I am asking you a simple question: does the US have a state religion?

Leave a comment:

• God's Truth
    replied

Sure. Does the US have an official state religion?
    America is founded on the freedom to worship God through Christ without persecution as used to be in Europe. If you know about state religion then how do you not know about Catholics and Protestants persecuting others with different Christian beliefs?

Leave a comment:

• chair
    replied

Do you know abut state religion?
    Sure. Does the US have an official state religion?

Leave a comment:

• 7djengo7
    replied
    Originally posted by quip View Post

WOW! "manifest failure"
    You're trying too hard....I'm flattered. Instead try your hand at some logic and reasoning ....it's a better class of bait than "manifest failure".
    No thanks. Instead, I'll stick to logic and reasoning, rather than try my hand the irrational thinking you engage in, and which you erroneously call "logic and reasoning".

Leave a comment:

• God's Truth
    replied

What is your basis for claiming this?
    I do know what the first amendment to the constitution says: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
    Do you know abut state religion?

Leave a comment:

• chair
    replied

America was founded on religious freedom of God through Christ.

That is what America is founded on, and it progressed to any and all freedom of beliefs.
    What is your basis for claiming this?
    I do know what the first amendment to the constitution says: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Leave a comment:

• God's Truth
    replied

Because "religious freedom" means exactly that. Religious Freedom. Not "religious freedom within the limits of Christianity.
    America was founded on religious freedom of God through Christ.

That is what America is founded on, and it progressed to any and all freedom of beliefs.

Leave a comment:

• chair
    replied

It means a choice to believe in God by being a Catholic, a Protestant, a Baptist, etc.

Muhammad and Buddha don't say salvation is through them. Why are you bringing them into it?
    Because "religious freedom" means exactly that. Religious Freedom. Not "religious freedom within the limits of Christianity.

Leave a comment:

• quip
    replied
    Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post

LOL @ u needing to surlily open up a can of canned "wit" on me as a way of trying to console yourself in your manifest failure to defend your hypocrisy.
    WOW! "manifest failure"
    You're trying too hard....I'm flattered. Instead try your hand at some logic and reasoning ....it's a better class of bait than "manifest failure".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X