William Barr: Religion is Under Attack

God's Truth

I missed something.Which particular rights (as opposed to any other group) did Christians lose that Trump is giving back to them?

Trump is doing so much for Christians.

During the Obama presidency saying Merry Christmas was wrong.

Read this article for more information:

https://wallbuilders.com/americas-bi...u-s-president/
America’s Most Biblically-Hostile U. S. President

When one observes President Obama’s unwillingness to accommodate America’s four-century long religious conscience protection through his attempts to require Catholics to go against their own doctrines and beliefs, one is tempted to say that he is anti-Catholic. But that characterization would not be correct. Although he has recently singled out Catholics, he has equally targeted traditional Protestant beliefs over the past four years. So since he has attacked Catholics and Protestants, one is tempted to say that he is anti-Christian. But that, too, would be inaccurate. He has been equally disrespectful in his appalling treatment of religious Jews in general and Israel in particular. So perhaps the most accurate description of his antipathy toward Catholics, Protestants, religious Jews, and the Jewish nation would be to characterize him as anti-Biblical. And then when his hostility toward Biblical people of faith is contrasted with his preferential treatment of Muslims and Muslim nations, it further strengthens the accuracy of the anti-Biblical descriptor. In fact, there have been numerous clearly documented times when his pro-Islam positions have been the cause of his anti-Biblical actions.

Listed below in chronological order are (1) numerous records of his attacks on Biblical persons or organizations; (2) examples of the hostility toward Biblical faith that have become evident in the past three years in the Obama-led military; (3) a listing of his open attacks on Biblical values; and finally (4) a listing of numerous incidents of his preferential deference for Islam’s activities and positions, including letting his Islamic advisors guide and influence his hostility toward people of Biblical faith.

Derf

How does "religious freedom" work if it is "towards God through Jesus"?
Would you feel the same way if it was "religious freedom towards God through Muhammad"? "religious freedom towards God through Moses"? "religious freedom towards God through Buddha"?

You shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:32
If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John 8:36

Jesus Christ can set anyone free, including from Mormonism, Islam, Hinduism, atheism, etc. But once that's accomplished, it's easy even for Christians to want to exercise control over other Christians' worship. And you can possibly see why that would be--if a new Christian has brought in elements of their pagan practices, for an extreme example, let's pick child sacrifice. Maybe they think it was useful, they never heard Jesus say a single word against child sacrifice. But it is a harmful thing to both the parent and the child, and belief in Jesus, whose sacrifice fulfilled all of God's requirements for sacrifice, redeems the child sacrificer, though they don't yet know it.

So if a particular Christian sect rose up that wanted to practice child sacrifice, religious freedom in the US would not tolerate it.

If a particular Christian sect rose up that wanted to feed the hungry, religious freedom in the US would encourage it. Though at some point, say if that sect gained control of the government and required all people to give 50% of their income to the cause of feeding the hungry, religious freedom in the US would probably NOT tolerate it, as it defeats its own goal eventually.

The point here is that religious freedom is not boundless. It, along with all laws, needs to be informed by a higher authority than just mankind. At the end of the day, even religious freedom ends up in a debate about what is ok (what is morally right). And that can never be answered without comparing religions and moral codes. And that comparison, if exercised truthfully, will reject all faulty codes, and settle on the one that is actually from the true God, the maker of heaven and earth.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Her right to bodily autonomy.

Advocating the use of force, and/or threat of force, to keep people from congregating bodily, at will, in their churches, shopping malls, restaurants, etc., and to get people to wear masks over their faces......yeah, you Satanic, lying, baby-murdering, Nazi hypocrites are all about persons' rights to their bodily autonomy, aren't you.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Advocating the use of force, and/or threat of force, to keep people from congregating bodily, at will, in their churches, shopping malls, restaurants, etc., and to get people to wear masks over their faces......yeah, you Satanic, lying, baby-murdering, Nazi hypocrites are all about persons' rights to their bodily autonomy, aren't you.

Straw dog much? :chuckle:

7djengo7

Straw dog much? :chuckle:

You react that way only because you love and support the murder of babies. You're all for the bodily autonomy of your friends--baby-murderers--while you're rabidly against bodily autonomy for rational, decent, non-baby-murdering people, you vicious, irrationalist Nazi leftard.

quip

BANNED
Banned
You react that way only because you love and support the murder of babies. You're all for the bodily autonomy of your friends--baby-murderers--while you're rabidly against bodily autonomy for rational, decent, non-baby-murdering people, you vicious, irrationalist Nazi leftard.

Loosen up the mask and take a relaxing deep breath. You'll be allrite!

7djengo7

Loosen up the mask and take a relaxing deep breath. You'll be allrite!

LOL @ u needing to surlily open up a can of canned "wit" on me as a way of trying to console yourself in your manifest failure to defend your hypocrisy.:popcorn:

quip

BANNED
Banned
LOL @ u needing to surlily open up a can of canned "wit" on me as a way of trying to console yourself in your manifest failure to defend your hypocrisy.:popcorn:

WOW! "manifest failure" :chuckle:
You're trying too hard....I'm flattered. Instead try your hand at some logic and reasoning ....it's a better class of bait than "manifest failure".

chair

It means a choice to believe in God by being a Catholic, a Protestant, a Baptist, etc.

Muhammad and Buddha don't say salvation is through them. Why are you bringing them into it?

Because "religious freedom" means exactly that. Religious Freedom. Not "religious freedom within the limits of Christianity.

God's Truth

Because "religious freedom" means exactly that. Religious Freedom. Not "religious freedom within the limits of Christianity.

America was founded on religious freedom of God through Christ.

That is what America is founded on, and it progressed to any and all freedom of beliefs.

chair

America was founded on religious freedom of God through Christ.

That is what America is founded on, and it progressed to any and all freedom of beliefs.

What is your basis for claiming this?
I do know what the first amendment to the constitution says: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

God's Truth

What is your basis for claiming this?
I do know what the first amendment to the constitution says: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Do you know abut state religion?

7djengo7

WOW! "manifest failure" :chuckle:
You're trying too hard....I'm flattered. Instead try your hand at some logic and reasoning ....it's a better class of bait than "manifest failure".

No thanks. Instead, I'll stick to logic and reasoning, rather than try my hand the irrational thinking you engage in, and which you erroneously call "logic and reasoning". :)

God's Truth

Sure. Does the US have an official state religion?

America is founded on the freedom to worship God through Christ without persecution as used to be in Europe. If you know about state religion then how do you not know about Catholics and Protestants persecuting others with different Christian beliefs?

chair

America is founded on the freedom to worship God through Christ without persecution as used to be in Europe. If you know about state religion then how do you not know about Catholics and Protestants persecuting others with different Christian beliefs?

I know about religious persecution. Believe me. I understand the history of some of the early European immigrants to North America.
I am asking you a simple question: does the US have a state religion?

God's Truth

I know about religious persecution. Believe me. I understand the history of some of the early European immigrants to North America.
I am asking you a simple question: does the US have a state religion?

You are barking up the wrong tree and pretending you aren't.
I'm not interested in your twist to make it look like you didn't make a boo boo.
Not interested...

Bye

America is founded on religious CHRISTIAN freedom.