30 Days, A beginning to the end of mass shootings.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You just want an anti-Christian police state. That's the why all of the anti-Christian propaganda coming from the left and the why of the deliberate destruction of the morals of this country.

No, I don't want a police state. The police are over-militarized as it is, and that's worrisome. I want separation of church and state and all constitutional rights afforded to us. That's not too much to ask.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No, I don't want a police state. The police are over-militarized as it is, and that's worrisome. I want separation of church and state and all constitutional rights afforded to us. That's not too much to ask.

They're "over-militarized" because, in case you haven't noticed, there's a warzone on the streets of America.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No, they're over-militarized because they were the recipients of a lot of military equipment from the Iraq war.
.... And are now putting it to use against the criminals on our streets, but they have to put up with people like you ranting about "over-militarization."

What, you want our police to go up against today's criminals with muskets and bayonets?

:rotfl:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I don't have the requisite blind spot.
My point is that NO ONE HERE has said anything about a theocracy, other than you, because no one here is advocating one.

It's a blatant straw man argument.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
.... And are now putting it to use against the criminals on our streets, but they have to put up with people like you ranting about "over-militarization."

What, you want our police to go up against today's criminals with muskets and bayonets?

:rotfl:

Laugh away. There was a time when conservatives would be appalled by this. What's happened to them?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
My point is that NO ONE HERE has said anything about a theocracy, other than you, because no one here is advocating one.

It's a blatant straw man argument.

I don't know if you realize how often you use claims of fallacy to stand in for your argument whether they're useful, accurate, or necessary. When you advocate for replacing Constitutional law with God's law, what else are you going to call it but theocracy?

Because God says "life for life" is just...

Because the sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. - Ecclesiastes 8:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes8:11&version=NKJV...

This is in direct contradiction to what God says, which is that two or three witnesses shall establish a matter...

God says to punish those convicted of committing a crime swiftly and painfully. Doing so deters criminals from committing more crime...

Allow me to say the same about you in regards to facing the fact that GOD is the one who said to execute those convicted of capital crimes, which means that it's not me that you're disagreeing with, but rather God.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Swift justice in your demented mind means a kangaroo court?

OK. :idunno:

Why bother with formalities - even if they're no more than a facade -. Just gather an ad hoc, mob infested tribunal and have a satisfying roast!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I don't know if you realize how often you use claims of fallacy to stand in for your argument whether they're useful, accurate, or necessary. When you advocate for replacing Constitutional law with God's law, what else are you going to call it but theocracy?

Constitutional law calls for long, drawn out justice and endless appeals to avoid execution of sentence?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
They're "over-militarized" because, in case you haven't noticed, there's a warzone on the streets of America.

With violent crime dropping dramatically in the last 30 years, I don't think so.

FT_19.01.03_CrimeTrends1.png

Violent crime in the U.S. has fallen sharply over the past quarter century. The two most commonly cited sources of crime statistics in the U.S. both show a substantial decline in the violent crime rate since it peaked in the early 1990s. One is an annual report by the FBI of serious crimes reported to police in approximately 18,000 jurisdictions around the country. The other is an annual survey of more than 90,000 households conducted by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, which asks Americans ages 12 and older whether they were victims of crime, regardless of whether they reported those crimes to the police.
Property crime has declined significantly over the long term. Like the violent crime rate, the U.S. property crime rate today is far below its peak level. FBI data show that the rate fell by 50% between 1993 and 2017, while BJS reports a decline of 69% during that span. Property crime includes offenses such as burglary, theft and motor vehicle theft, and it is generally far more common than violent crime.
Public perceptions about crime in the U.S. often don’t align with the data. Opinion surveys regularly find that Americans believe crime is up nationally, even when the data show it is down.
There are large geographic variations in crime rates. The BJS data don’t allow for specific geographic comparisons, but the FBI data show big differences from state to state and city to city. In 2017, there were more than 600 violent crimes per 100,000 residents in Alaska, New Mexico and Tennessee. By contrast, Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont had rates below 200 violent crimes per 100,000 residents.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/01/03/5-facts-about-crime-in-the-u-s/

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
With violent crime dropping dramatically in the last 30 years, I don't think so.

FT_19.01.03_CrimeTrends1.png

Violent crime in the U.S. has fallen sharply over the past quarter century. The two most commonly cited sources of crime statistics in the U.S. both show a substantial decline in the violent crime rate since it peaked in the early 1990s. One is an annual report by the FBI of serious crimes reported to police in approximately 18,000 jurisdictions around the country. The other is an annual survey of more than 90,000 households conducted by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, which asks Americans ages 12 and older whether they were victims of crime, regardless of whether they reported those crimes to the police.
Property crime has declined significantly over the long term. Like the violent crime rate, the U.S. property crime rate today is far below its peak level. FBI data show that the rate fell by 50% between 1993 and 2017, while BJS reports a decline of 69% during that span. Property crime includes offenses such as burglary, theft and motor vehicle theft, and it is generally far more common than violent crime.
Public perceptions about crime in the U.S. often don’t align with the data. Opinion surveys regularly find that Americans believe crime is up nationally, even when the data show it is down.
There are large geographic variations in crime rates. The BJS data don’t allow for specific geographic comparisons, but the FBI data show big differences from state to state and city to city. In 2017, there were more than 600 violent crimes per 100,000 residents in Alaska, New Mexico and Tennessee. By contrast, Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont had rates below 200 violent crimes per 100,000 residents.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/01/03/5-facts-about-crime-in-the-u-s/

While gun ownership rates have skyrocketed?

How can that be?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Laugh away. There was a time when conservatives would be appalled by this. What's happened to them?

I notice you didn't actually answer my question.

Anna, do you think our police, let alone our military, should be adequately equipped to deal with crime, and then have each individual LEO be able to safely go home at the end of their work day?

I don't know if you realize how often you use claims of fallacy to stand in for your argument whether they're useful, accurate, or necessary.

What does that have to do with anything?

I call out fallacies because they don't hold up to logic, and on a discussion board, logic is good, fallacies are bad. Fallacies also often lead away from God.

When you advocate for replacing Constitutional law with God's law, what else are you going to call it but theocracy?

There's an actual term for it. It's not theocracy.

It's called "theonomy" (from the greek words theos, God, and nomos, laws).

I am a THEONOMIST, I advocate having laws that reflect God's Law.

So please stop using the "You want a theocracy" straw man. Because we don't. God will eventually establish a theocracy, but that won't happen until the end of the world.