Mueller turns up the heat on impeachment

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Those guys who found ways to dodge the draft, aren't fit to shine Mueller's shoes.

:think:

wiki:
Joe Biden received student draft deferments during this period, at the peak of the Vietnam War,[33] and in 1968, he was reclassified by the Selective Service System as not available for service due to having had asthma as a teenager.

asthma as a teenager, eh? :think:

Biden attended the Archmere Academy in Claymont[18] where he was a standout halfback/wide receiver on the high school football team; he helped lead a perennially losing team to an undefeated season in his senior year.[15][19] He played on the baseball team as well.... he played halfback with the Blue Hens (University of Delaware) freshman football team.

Last edited:

The Berean

From the movie Shenandoah:
Charlie Anderson: Can you give me one good reason why I should let my sons march down that road like a bunch of damn fools?
Lt. Johnson: Virginia needs all her sons, Mr. Anderson.
Charlie Anderson: They don’t belong to the state they belong to ME! When they were babies I never saw the state comin’ around here with a spare tit!
I'm reminded of this scene.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Hypocrites and vipers are too plentiful among the right these days. As unworthy of the sacrifice of those young people who came before and after as this president is to lead them.

I know a fine person, who is an enthusiastic Trump supporter. She raised a grandson, who was deeply troubled, and gave her a lot of grief even as she loved him. Her grandson just passed the Marine "Crucible" and is now a US Marine.

She's justifiably proud of him, and so am I. Not everyone who supports Trump is anti-military or anti-American. Most of them are not. I know you know this, but it bears saying.

ok doser

I'm reminded of this scene.

i'm not familiar with Shenandoah, but when i read brum's post i imagined robert duval's voice, an older duvall, like in Jack Reacher

imagine my surprise to find that it was a 57 year old Jimmy Stewart :chuckle:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
i don't do that :yawn:

once again anna, you're boring :yawn:

:chuckle: So bored you could barely muster the strength to reply... and four yawns even... That's a sign of oxygen deprivation, you know.

Anyway... in recognition of your efforts:

tenor.gif

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
i do, and i trust him to interpret "obey lawful orders to protect and defend the Constitution" in the context of the values I gave him when he was young

And if he were over there bombing "brown people?"

I could talk for hours about it, but it all boils down to this for me - Nixon (and Kissinger) brokered an honorable peace that we and the South Vietnamese knew the North Vietnamese wouldn't honor unless there was teeth in it. The democrats in their bloodlust to take down Nixon ignored that peace, ignored the violations of the treaty by the communists, refused to support our allies in the south and turned their back on them while they were slaughtered by their enemies and the whole region exploded in a paroxysm of blood.

It was Nixon who sabotaged the peace talks, but there's enough blame to go around that includes both parties from Truman to Nixon (and in particular LBJ) and of course French colonialism which set the stage. How many people have died as the result of Western interventionism?

i was an older teen/young adult when the waves of boat people hit our shores - i had compassion for them then and do still
that's a lie
and another lie

Apart from the Vietnamese and Cambodian refugees (many ended up here in San Diego) since I don't recall discussing them at TOL - your posting history here regarding other "brown people" says otherwise.

Exhibit A:

In El Paso, Border Patrol Is Detaining Migrants in ‘a Human Dog Pound’

CPB-detention-heat-1250x0-c-default.jpg

Neal Rosendorf, a government professor at New Mexico State University, took this photograph of migrants he discovered being detained outdoors near the Paso del Norte Bridge in El Paso. The men said they had been held there more than 30 days, without showering or changing clothes.

After New Mexico State University professor Neal Rosendorf read a government report exposing dangerous overcrowding of detained migrants at the Paso del Norte International Bridge in El Paso, he headed to the port of entry to see if he could find anyone protesting conditions there. When he reached the west side of the bridge, he encountered an unmarked open gate, which he walked through in the hopes of asking Border Patrol agents whether they had seen any protesters. Continuing underneath and then past the bridge about 100 yards or so, he was stunned by what he saw—migrants who said they’d been held outdoors for weeks as temperatures rose to nearly 100 degrees.

Rosendorf described it as “a human dog pound”—one hundred to 150 men behind a chain-link fence, huddled beneath makeshift shelters made from mylar blankets and whatever other scraps they could find to shield themselves from the heat of the sun. “I was able to speak with detainees and take photos of them with their permission,” Rosendorf said in an email. “They told me they’ve been incarcerated outside for a month, that they haven’t washed or been able to change the clothes they were detained in the entire time, and that they’re being poorly fed and treated in general.”

U.S. Customs and Border Protection took eight days to respond to Texas Monthly’s questions about Rosendorf’s discovery. In a statement this week, a CBP official acknowledged that the agency was detaining migrants outdoors for extended periods.

:yawn:

boring

do your service as best you can, act in an honorable fashion and get out as soon as you can - and when you're older don't pretend you served "nobly"

Is that what you'll tell your son? Tell him not to pretend he served "nobly?"

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know a fine person, who is an enthusiastic Trump supporter. She raised a grandson, who was deeply troubled, and gave her a lot of grief even as she loved him. Her grandson just passed the Marine "Crucible" and is now a US Marine.

She's justifiably proud of him, and so am I. Not everyone who supports Trump is anti-military or anti-American. Most of them are not. I know you know this, but it bears saying.
This is being called damned with faint praise. A typical Barbarian tactic and a key reason that his labels of "troll" and "dishonest" are perfectly apt.

:mock: Trump haters.

ok doser

And if he were over there bombing "brown people?"

i'd be very surprised, as would his CO

How many people have died as the result of Western interventionism?

is it

a. all of them
b. not enough
or
c. too many

Apart from the Vietnamese and Cambodian refugees (many ended up here in San Diego) since I don't recall discussing them at TOL - your posting history here regarding other "brown people" says otherwise.

Exhibit A:

don't care :yawn:

anna asks what i'd tell my son:
When a young man is drafted into an ill-begotten war, what's your advice for him? Your son, or someone else's son?

i tell anna what i'd tell my son:
do your service as best you can, act in an honorable fashion and get out as soon as you can - and when you're older don't pretend you served "nobly"

anna forgets what she asked and asks again what i'd tell my son:
Is that what you'll tell your son? Tell him not to pretend he served "nobly?"

do try to keep up dear

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Sure. My father voted for him, though largely voted against Hillary and for a pro business environment and the impact he saw likely from that impression on the market. He's been embarrassed by the president's conduct and is open to a challenger. I think Biden could get his vote now. But a lot of Trump's base is angry and fearful. They sound like the WASPs around the time the Irish started showing up here, and their rallying cries are too often heavily anti-immigrant, religiously bigoted, and paranoid. They've been taught to mistrust media and to devalue the education that could help them distinguish between Shinola and what the hard right has them up to their neck's in, sadly. If they weren't a minority (however effectively distributed) of the people I'd be depressed about our future and the future of the republic.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A lot of Trump's base is angry and fearful. They sound like the WASPs around the time the Irish started showing up here, and their rallying cries are too often heavily anti-immigrant, religiously bigoted, and paranoid. They've been taught to mistrust media and to devalue the education that could help them distinguish between Shinola and what the hard right has them up to their neck's in, sadly. If they weren't a minority (however effectively distributed) of the people I'd be depressed about our future and the future of the republic.

This is why liberals are so dangerous. They characterized vast swaths of people according to their own insecurities, racism and fear, and are surprised when they get called out. That's not the dangerous part. The dangerous part is when they get over their surprise and begin legislating away freedom to control those who they hate.

Democracy. :sigh:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
don't care :yawn:

So to sum things up, you've been shown not to care about "brown people" and you're stuck between what you say about Mueller in the service (willing to see 58,000 of his fellow American servicemen die), and what you'd tell your son in the service. So to cover for that, you're doing a lot of gasping for air yawning.

ok doser

So to sum things up, you've been shown not to care about "brown people" ...

nope,that's your misinterpretation of my response

... and you're stuck between what you say about Mueller in the service (willing to see 58,000 of his fellow American servicemen die), and what you'd tell your son in the service.

mueller volunteered to serve and to be deployed to Vietnam

the scenario with my son was very different