Mueller turns up the heat on impeachment

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Meanwhile, it looks like the big moment of the day's testimony came with an inadvertent blunder by Republican Representative, Ken Buck.

Buck had been hammering at Muller and accused him of throwing a lot of "stuff" at the wall to see what would stick relating to obstruction, after he'd concluded Russian interference with the election had taken place.

Muller: I would not agree with that characterization at all.

Buck: Could you charge the president with a crime after he left office?

Mueller: Yes.

Buck (appearing startled): You believe you could charge the president of the United States with an obstruction of justice after he left office?

Muelle: Yes.

And now you know why Trump said what he did to former AG Sessions.

From the report: "...when Sessions told the President that a Special Counsel had been appointed, the President slumped back in his chair and said, “Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I'm [profanity redacted]."
:rotfl:

Of course you can charge people with crimes.

The issue is: Where is the crime? All we have is political agendas.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
This seems to sum things up pretty well:

@RepAdamSchiff

Here’s what Mueller said:

27a1.png
Russia interfered in our election to help Trump.

27a1.png
Russians made numerous contacts with the campaign.

27a1.png
Campaign welcomed their help.

27a1.png
No one reported these contacts or interference to FBI.

27a1.png
They lied to cover it up.

And of course, Trump made numerous attempts to obstruct the investigation, which are crimes in themselves.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And of course, Trump made numerous attempts to obstruct the investigation, which are crimes in themselves.
I think my favorite nonsensical point of Trump's was the idea that without a criminal conspiracy being proven you can't have obstruction of justice. That was a hoot.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Yeah. About which roughly a third of the country doesn't care. 5th. Ave. and all.

Leave it to Stephen King to put it in the fewest words:

"Trump asked the Russians to help him get elected. They did. Now he owes them."

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
From the excellent Connie Schultz:

So, No Oscar for Mueller?

Minutes after Robert Mueller III had completed his first round of Wednesday's congressional testimony, journalists and pundits started weighing in — on his acting abilities.

Mueller was "boring" and "phlegmatic."

His performance was "a disaster," "painful" and "deeply unsatisfying."

Some compared his testimony to the bombastic pathology of Donald Trump — and even the conversational theatrics of former FBI Director James Comey — and found him wanting.

Mueller had expressed not one partisan viewpoint. He refused to be political. He even stumbled at times, failing to remember every reference in the 448 pages of his published report.

In this time of crisis in our country, with the most dangerous president in the United States history, they wanted former special counsel Robert Mueller to be entertaining.

Look at what we've become.

Better yet, look at what Mueller did say during his seven hours of testimony.

Let's start with the Judiciary Committee, and Democratic Rep. Jerry Nadler's questioning:

NADLER: "Director Mueller, the president has repeatedly claimed that your report found there was no obstruction and that it completely and totally exonerated him, but that is not what your report said, is it?"
MUELLER: "Correct, that is not what it said."
NADLER, after reading an excerpt of Mueller's report: "Does that say there was no obstruction?"
MUELLER: "No."
NADLER: "Did you actually totally exonerate the president?

Next time you hear Donald Trump bray that Mueller exonerated him, and we all know that he will, please remember that boring exchange.
On to the Intelligence Committee hearing, and an exchange with Democratic Rep. Jackie Speier.

SPEIER: "Would you agree that it was not a hoax that the Russians were engaged in trying to impact our election?"
MUELLER: "Absolutely. That was not a hoax."

Republican Rep. Will Hurd of Texas pressed Mueller about Russia's future intentions.

HURD: "In your investigation, did you think that this was a single attempt by the Russians to get involved in our election? Or did you find evidence to suggest they'll try to do this again?"
MUELLER: "It wasn't a single attempt," he said. "They're doing it as we sit here. And they expect to do it during the next campaign."

Democratic Rep. Peter D. Welch asked Mueller about future foreign interference with our elections.

WELCH: "I ask if you share my concern... Have we established a new normal from this past campaign that is going to apply to future campaigns? So that if any one of us running for the U.S. house, any candidate for the U.S. senate, any candidate for the presidency of the United States, aware that if a hostile foreign power is trying to influence an election, has no duty to report it to the FBI or other authorities?"
MUELLER: "I hope this is not the new normal, but I fear it is."
WELCH continued his questioning: "And that there would be no repercussions whatsoever to Russia if they did this again, and as you stated earlier, as we sit here, they're doing it now. Is that correct?"
MUELLER: "You're absolutely right."

Finally, try to stay awake for this exchange with Democratic Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam B. Schiff about the Trump campaign's partnership with Russia.

SCHIFF: "Apart from the Russians trying to help Trump win ... Donald Trump was trying to make millions from a real estate deal in Moscow?"
MUELLER: "You're talking about the hotel in Moscow? Yes."
SCHIFF: "When your investigation looked into these matters, numerous Trump associates lied to your team, the grand jury and to Congress?"
MUELLER: "A number of people we interviewed in our investigation, it turns out did lie."
SCHIFF: "When the president said the Russian interference was a 'hoax,' that was false, wasn't it?
MUELLER: "True."
SCHIFF: "In short, your investigation found evidence that Russia wanted to help Trump win the election, right?"
MUELLER: "That would be accurate."
SCHIFF: "Russia committed federal crimes in order to help Donald Trump?"
MUELLER: "You're talking about the computer crimes charged in our case? Absolutely."
SCHIFF: "Trump campaign officials built their messaging strategy around those stolen documents?"
MUELLER: "Generally, that's true."
SCHIFF: "And then they lied to cover it up?"

This was one of Donald Trump's tweets after Mueller's testimony: "NO COLLUSION, NO OBSTRUCTION!"

If any of word of this strikes us as boring, we have our own question to answer: When did we give up on America?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

After a brief recess, Mueller insisted he was entirely lucid.
"I hear a few murmurs out there that I've lost it," he said. "Well, I haven't lost it. I've still got it. In fact, I'm still sharp as a tack."
Before testimony could resume, however, Mueller interrupted the proceedings, appearing to reach for his cell phone. "I really have to take this," he said apologetically as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a banana. "Yeah, go for it, Bob."

https://babylonbee.com/news/i-am-st...-moments-before-taking-phone-call-on-a-banana

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Minutes after Robert Mueller III had completed his first round of Wednesday's congressional testimony, journalists and pundits started weighing in — on his acting abilities.

Some compared his testimony to the bombastic pathology of Donald Trump — and even the conversational theatrics of former FBI Director James Comey — and found him wanting.

Mueller had expressed not one partisan viewpoint. He refused to be political. He even stumbled at times, failing to remember every reference in the 448 pages of his published report.

In this time of crisis in our country, with the most dangerous president in the United States history, they wanted former special counsel Robert Mueller to be entertaining.

Let's start with the Judiciary Committee, and Democratic Rep. Jerry Nadler's questioning:

NADLER: "Director Mueller, the president has repeatedly claimed that your report found there was no obstruction and that it completely and totally exonerated him, but that is not what your report said, is it?"
NADLER, after reading an excerpt of Mueller's report: "Does that say there was no obstruction?"

Next time you hear Donald Trump bray that Mueller exonerated him, and we all know that he will, please remember that boring exchange.
On to the Intelligence Committee hearing, and an exchange with Democratic Rep. Jackie Speier.

SPEIER: "Would you agree that it was not a hoax that the Russians were engaged in trying to impact our election?"

Republican Rep. Will Hurd of Texas pressed Mueller about Russia's future intentions.

HURD: "In your investigation, did you think that this was a single attempt by the Russians to get involved in our election? Or did you find evidence to suggest they'll try to do this again?"
MUELLER: "It wasn't a single attempt," he said. "They're doing it as we sit here. And they expect to do it during the next campaign."

Democratic Rep. Peter D. Welch asked Mueller about future foreign interference with our elections.

WELCH: "I ask if you share my concern... Have we established a new normal from this past campaign that is going to apply to future campaigns? So that if any one of us running for the U.S. house, any candidate for the U.S. senate, any candidate for the presidency of the United States, aware that if a hostile foreign power is trying to influence an election, has no duty to report it to the FBI or other authorities?"
WELCH continued his questioning: "And that there would be no repercussions whatsoever to Russia if they did this again, and as you stated earlier, as we sit here, they're doing it now. Is that correct?"

Finally, try to stay awake for this exchange with Democratic Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam B. Schiff about the Trump campaign's partnership with Russia.

SCHIFF: "Apart from the Russians trying to help Trump win ... Donald Trump was trying to make millions from a real estate deal in Moscow?"
SCHIFF: "When your investigation looked into these matters, numerous Trump associates lied to your team, the grand jury and to Congress?"
MUELLER: "A number of people we interviewed in our investigation, it turns out did lie."
SCHIFF: "When the president said the Russian interference was a 'hoax,' that was false, wasn't it?
SCHIFF: "In short, your investigation found evidence that Russia wanted to help Trump win the election, right?"
MUELLER: "You're talking about the computer crimes charged in our case? Absolutely."
SCHIFF: "Trump campaign officials built their messaging strategy around those stolen documents?"

This was one of Donald Trump's tweets after Mueller's testimony: "NO COLLUSION, NO OBSTRUCTION!"

If any of word of this strikes us as boring, we have our own question to answer: When did we give up on America?

So, impeachment?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

You know how you know when you're bothering the other side? They spend a peculiar time around you telling you (one way or another) how untroubled they are...yeah, Stripe. That's you...or is it "we" today?

Great post, anna. Keep it up. :thumb:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You know how you know when you're bothering the other side? They spend a peculiar time around you telling you (one way or another) how untroubled they are.
:rotfl:

Great post, Town. Very calm. Keep it up. :thumb:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You might have a gas leak.

Great post, Town.
Thanks! :D

Very calm.
As a cucumber...and you're in pickle, I see.

Keep it up. :thumb:
Easy-peasy. :cheers:

Meanwhile...

Good post.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Like soldiers from a defeated army who failed to get the message that the war is over, some congressional Democrats are continuing to stubbornly and desperately seek the impeachment of President Trump. But they might as well face up to reality: their cause is hopeless.

Ironically, the man Democrats thought would be the savior who would breathe new life into their impeachment crusade killed it. Former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s testimony before two House committees Wednesday was such a train wreck that even many Democrats and members of the news media described it as a “disaster.”

Mueller deflected questions nearly 200 times, demonstrating a clear lack of awareness for what was in his own report on Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

HANNITY: DEM REACTION TO MUELLER HEARING PROVES THE PARTY CANNOT ACCEPT TRUMP'S 2016 TRIUMPH

It made you wonder: Did Mueller read the Mueller report?

Continue Reading Below

The former special counsel showed himself woefully unprepared to answer key questions and unable to provide Democrats with the revelatory, dramatic, moments they hoped he would produce – like something out of a movie.

Democrats wanted the movie to be “Rocky,” where the hero knocks out the champion. Instead, they got “Titanic,” as they saw their hopes for impeachment sink.

It seems, however, that nothing can stop delusional congressional Democrats from their desperate quest to overturn the results of the 2016 presidential election.

Even as the media acknowledged the Mueller disaster, congressional Democrats doubled down on their obsession with impeachment.

Chuck Todd of NBC and MSNBC, along with Chris Wallace of Fox News, both labeled Mueller’s testimony a “disaster.”

Terry Moran of ABC News said that “impeachment is over."

The Democrats have shown little interest in legislating, but unlimited interested in investigating every aspect of President Trump’s life. It’s a wonder they haven’t subpoenaed his elementary school report cards.

David Axelrod – President Obama’s former political strategist turned CNN contributor – called the Mueller testimony “very, very painful.”

And even noted Trump critic and Harvard Law School Professor Laurence Tribe admitted in a tweet Wednesday: “Much as I hate to say it, this morning’s hearing was a disaster. Far from breathing life into his damning report, the tired Robert Mueller sucked the life out of it.”

But despite the nearly unanimous opinion of all reasonable minds, Democrats have made it clear that they intend to continue their witch hunt.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., continued the Democratic conspiracy theories following Mueller’s testimony, referring to the Trump administration’s “massive cover-up.”

House Judiciary Committee Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., talked about taking the “next step” of seeking grand jury material, which is protected under law, and enforcing a subpoena against former White House Counsel Don McGahn, who already voluntarily answered questions for more than 30 hours.

Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., who has time on his hands now that he’s abandoned his disastrous campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination, told Fox News that the House is getting “closer to impeachment.” Just like Swalwell is getting closer to the Oval Office.

It should come as no surprise that Democrats are persisting in their tinfoil hat theories concerning the president. They seem to be living in an alternate reality – a sort of political “Twilight Zone.”

Indeed, since Election Day in 2016, the Democrats have been united around one common goal: destroy the decision by the American people to make Donald Trump president and find a way to remove him from office.

The Democrats have shown little interest in legislating, but unlimited interested in investigating every aspect of President Trump’s life. It’s a wonder they haven’t subpoenaed his elementary school report cards.

For Democrats, the special counsel investigation has had one singular focus: power, not justice.

If the Democrats were interested in justice and truth, they would admit that Wednesday’s hearings should have had one simple takeaway: President Trump has been the victim of a grave injustice.

The bombshell came when Rep. John Ratcliffe, R-Texas, asked Mueller on Wednesday: “Can you give me an example other than Donald Trump when the Justice Department determined that an investigated person was not exonerated because their innocence was not conclusively determined?”

Mueller’s response was telling: “I cannot, but this is a unique situation,” he replied, unable to name on person treated similarly to President Trump.

To which Ratcliffe correctly said: “You can’t find it because it doesn’t exist.”

And therein lies the problem. There is a double-standard of justice, with President Trump receiving a standard of injustice while the rest of the country receives the standard of justice to which all Americans – including the president – are entitled.

For anyone who is not a completely delusional partisan hack, Mueller’s testimony could only be summed up as the unnecessary final chapter in a multimillion-dollar, taxpayer-funded witch hunt.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/kay...stead-he-killed-hopes-of-impeaching-trump.amp