No Death Penalty. What Is Your Position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
A murderer who repents from their sin (crime in this case) is STILL a murderer... they are just a murderer who God has forgiven of their transgression. Yes, they should still receive the death penalty.

Thank you for your viewpoint. It is one that I am considering. Do you believe in God? I think of Ted Bundy.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thank you for your viewpoint. It is one that I am considering. Do you believe in God? I think of Ted Bundy.

Yes, I DO believe in God ... though I haven’t been a Christian for very long. There are notorious killers who have claimed they were saved while serving their prison sentence. Susan Atkins comes to mind. Her book “Child of Satan, Child of God” was rather convincing. Same thing with Tex Watson. They both claim salvation .... and still deserved the death penalty.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I DO believe in God ... though I haven’t been a Christian for very long. There are notorious killers who have claimed they were saved while serving their prison sentence. Susan Atkins comes to mind. Her book “Child of Satan, Child of God” was rather convincing. Same thing with Tex Watson. They both claim salvation .... and still deserved the death penalty.

There are things of which I deserve the death penalty, in a self-appraisal. I do not know if others just don't know or if I get away with extenuating circumstances. I am forgiven by my victims. I believe myself to be forgiven by God. I do not know if I should be dead on your view. I have broken God's Law.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are things of which I deserve the death penalty, in a self-appraisal. I do not know if others just don't know or if I get away with extenuating circumstances. I am forgiven by my victims. I believe myself to be forgiven by God. I do not know if I should be dead on your view. I have broken God's Law.

:think: My view is that the death penalty should be reserved for a special kind of criminal. Rapists. Murderers. Child molesters.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
:think: My view is that the death penalty should be reserved for a special kind of criminal. Rapists. Murderers. Child molesters.

I abused my sister sexually as a child. I was the responsible party. I have never had sex.

I may have killed Osama Bin Laden, supposing him to be a murderer.

So I am guilty of all three of these.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
bin Laden was killed by a team of navy seals in 2011

not you

not obama
When Joe Biden announced what happened on the radio I turned it off because my story had not yet been heard. If Bin Laden was a murderer, I had wanted my hand in against him. What I did was like what he did, except he was the murderer from a distance, if he truly was responsible for it. It had to go through the President.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is Civil Law, according to the Torah. Clete and Judge Rightly say that not all sin is crime, but I know from Scripture that sin is lawlessness or transgression of the Law.

I agree with them on that point.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What is a criminal thought? Sin? Crime? Both? Neither? No action outwardly, but a thought. Should it just be dismissed as some other thoughts?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If you have determined no death penalty, either in general for all cases or a specific case (either a situation or a command/commandment/instruction/law), what is your position and/or reasoning?
I'm against it because we know that we've executed the innocent. We have the capacity to incarcerate people for life. During that incarceration some of those innocent may be freed and some remedy applied. But once we take a man's life we cannot offer any remedy and cannot in any sense undo the injustice.

Status
Not open for further replies.