What the Law and the Bible say about Homosexuality.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God never required any nation other than Israel to make the Law of Moses the law of the land. God did not require Rome to circumcise their children nor did He hold it against Greese when their people would work through the weekends. It was perfectly legal and totally fine (morally) for them to totally ignore the Torah. Right and wrong are not defined by the Torah. It was wrong to murder long before Moses came down that mountain with two tablets of stone that said, amoung other things, that thou shall not murder. It is God Himself, t(i.e. His character), that defines right and wrong. God is not righteous because He's following the Torah. God was good for an eternity before the Torah ever existed.

Indeed, there was a time before murder was against the law and when the death penalty was expressly forbidden. The result was that God had to flood the whole place out and start over the Noah and his family. It wasn't until Noah landed the ark that God said, "Whoever sheds man's blood, By man his blood shall be shed, For in the image of God He made man." (Gen. 9:6) How long before the Torah was that?

The point here is that in the United States, and darn near everywhere else for that matter, it is entirely legal for you to be a homo or nearly any other sort of sexual pervert you want to be. That doesn't make it right and yes, these people will answer to God for their sin but not because their behavior was against the law but because it was immoral.

Clete

I believe you are saying that all of the law does not apply to you so some things are immoral rather than against the law.

The law was given to the nation of Israel. My understanding is that it has not been abolished or annulled. I do believe Ephesians 2:14-15 NASB however.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
big·ot·ry
/ˈbiɡətrē/
noun
intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.
"the difficulties of combating prejudice and bigotry"
synonyms: prejudice, bias, partiality, partisanship, sectarianism, discrimination, unfairness, injustice; More

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
big·ot·ry
/ˈbiɡətrē/
noun
intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.
"the difficulties of combating prejudice and bigotry"
synonyms: prejudice, bias, partiality, partisanship, sectarianism, discrimination, unfairness, injustice; More

What if people simply had different opinions from oneself?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Was reading my post again after reading Clete's post (and an excellent post at that, [MENTION=2589]Clete[/MENTION], well said!), and it occurred to me that Horn reminds me of a man who called in to BEL several years ago.

During his time on air, he challenged Bob to find one verse in the New Testament that condemned homosexuality. Bob quoted the above passage from Romans 1, and the caller, I kid you not, demanded that Romans was in the Old Testament. Of course, Bob being Bob, conceded to the guy that Romans was in fact in the Old Testament, and politely let the caller go, and then laughed about it on air, somewhat disappointed with the general knowledge of the average Christian.

So I remind you of Bob Enyart. That's about as cool as it gets in my book and as good a compliment as I can ask for, this side of judgment day. :up:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I believe you are saying that all of the law does not apply to you so some things are immoral rather than against the law.
I'm saying that the law is based on morality, not the other way around. You somehow think that they are the same. They just aren't as I proved biblically. Is your allegience to the bible or your doctrine?

The law was given to the nation of Israel.
Precisely and it only ever applied to Israel. It was not possible for a man in Rome to violate the Torah.

My understanding is that it has not been abolished or annulled. I do believe Ephesians 2:14-15 NASB however.
How about Romans, do you believe that?

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.​

And it isn't just Romans either. It is not at all innaccurate to say that Romans 10:4 basically put Paul's entire ministry in a nutshell. The whole point of the gospel of Grace is that you do not need the Law. What you need is the Spirit. The Law kills, the Spirit gives life (2 Cor. 3:6).

Colossians 2: 13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.​

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Oh please, people like you are like the bloated legalists of the time that you seem to venerate so much. Full of self righteous ire but little to nothing in the way of love or understanding.
By far, the most loving thing you could ever do for the sexual pervert is to enact just laws.

Could you shove an adulterous woman off a cliff?
You'd better believe I could! Someone who comes around to sleep with my wife will not like me very much at all and had better keep away if he knows what's good for him.
If the law allowed it, I'd happily execute such a person without any reservation about it whatsoever. I'd hesitate just long enough to give the man a chance to ask Christ to forgive his sins before I sent him to his Maker.

Adultery is one of, if not the leading motives for murder all over the whole world.
It is also a leading cause of divorce.
Kids of divorced families tend to wrongly blame themselves for the separation and often have emotional issues that they deal with the rest of their lives.
Teen suicide is much higher in divorced families.
Young girls who grow up without a father in the home very often become promiscuous teens and young adults.
Single motherhood is a near guarantee of poverty.
Poverty breeds crime of every sort.
A great many teens who find themselves pregnant simply murder the baby.
Growing up without a father in the home is the number one thing that prison inmate have in common (nope it's not the color of their skin).
Etc., Etc., Etc.,

You pass one single law and a raging torrent of positive benefits for the whole society is the result.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'm saying that the law is based on morality, not the other way around. You somehow think that they are the same. They just aren't as I proved biblically. Is your allegience to the bible or your doctrine?
I simply say that God's Law is moral. It is nothing other than moral. However, people have their own definitions of immorality, though that should not be so.
Precisely and it only ever applied to Israel. It was not possible for a man in Rome to violate the Torah.
Incorrect. You have a different standard of morality. And the Law was for Gentiles too. If you know the Law you know that God gave it to the nation of Israel but that it includes provision for Gentiles more than just those who dwell in the land.
How about Romans, do you believe that?
Certainly.
Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.​
When there is emphasis placed here I can see what you are saying. However, it may say that Christ is the end of the law for righteousness. I am a little bit weak here. Of course I don't think that the Law ends with Jesus because He kept and taught it. But that you can only find forgiveness in Jesus while the Law condemns is true.
And it isn't just Romans either. It is not at all innaccurate to say that Romans 10:4 basically put Paul's entire ministry in a nutshell. The whole point of the gospel of Grace is that you do not need the Law. What you need is the Spirit. The Law kills, the Spirit gives life (2 Cor. 3:6).
Amen.
Colossians 2: 13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.​
Amen.
Resting in Him,
Clete
Shalom.

Arthur Brain

By far, the most loving thing you could ever do for the sexual pervert is to enact just laws.

There are just laws already in place. Zero tolerance towards rape, abuse, child molestation and abusing animals. Otherwise, what adults do in the privacy of their own homes be they straight, gay, bi, married or cohabiting is nobody else's business and as it should be. This is the West, not some totalitarian or theocratic state.

You'd better believe I could! Someone who comes around to sleep with my wife will not like me very much at all and had better keep away if he knows what's good for him.
If the law allowed it, I'd happily execute such a person without any reservation about it whatsoever. I'd hesitate just long enough to give the man a chance to ask Christ to forgive his sins before I sent him to his Maker.

That's not what I asked. I asked whether you could push an adulterous woman off a cliff, not whether you could push someone who'd had an affair with your wife. There'd be plenty who would wish harm on someone who'd had sex with their spouse so that would have been a bit of a pointless question. However, if you think that such punishment is just then a more pertinent question raises itself in this hypothetical. Would you be prepared to do the same to your wife if she was guilty of such?

Adultery is one of, if not the leading motives for murder all over the whole world.
It is also a leading cause of divorce.
Kids of divorced families tend to wrongly blame themselves for the separation and often have emotional issues that they deal with the rest of their lives.
Teen suicide is much higher in divorced families.
Young girls who grow up without a father in the home very often become promiscuous teens and young adults.
Single motherhood is a near guarantee of poverty.
Poverty breeds crime of every sort.
A great many teens who find themselves pregnant simply murder the baby.
Growing up without a father in the home is the number one thing that prison inmate have in common (nope it's not the color of their skin).
Etc., Etc., Etc.,

You're exaggerating to say that adultery is one of the leading causes of murder in the whole world and you seem to think that only a married, nuclear family unit is one that can raise a healthy family. There's the flip side to a lot of what you posit. Children brought up in a household where a marriage is beyond repair. There's many a single parent (both male and female) who do a better job of raising their kids on their own than they would with their partner. Plenty of couples don't marry who have kids etc.

You pass one single law and a raging torrent of positive benefits for the whole society is the result.

If you made adultery a capital crime with death by being pushed off a cliff being one of the execution options you'd see the marriage rate plummet. Then, what's the option? force people who cohabit and have sex into a lifelong marriage with no possibility of divorce or separation?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There are just laws already in place. Zero tolerance towards rape, abuse, child molestation and abusing animals. Otherwise, what adults do in the privacy of their own homes be they straight, gay, bi, married or cohabiting is nobody else's business and as it should be. This is the West, not some totalitarian or theocratic state.

If there is sin then it should be allowed to be prosecuted, right?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

“One witness shall not rise against a man concerning any iniquity or any sin that he commits; by the mouth of two or three witnesses the matter shall be established.If a false witness rises against any man to testify against him of wrongdoing,then both men in the controversy shall stand before the Lord, before the priests and the judges who serve in those days.And the judges shall make careful inquiry, and indeed, if the witness is a false witness, who has testified falsely against his brother,then you shall do to him as he thought to have done to his brother; so you shall put away the evil from among you.And those who remain shall hear and fear, and hereafter they shall not again commit such evil among you.Your eye shall not pity: life shall be for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. - Deuteronomy 19:15-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy19:15-21&version=NKJV

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Incorrect. You have a different standard of morality. And the Law was for Gentiles too.
Saying it doesn't make it so, Jacob. The law of Moses was for Israel and no one else - period.

You think otherwise because you equate the law with morality. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING!

If you know the Law you know that God gave it to the nation of Israel but that it includes provision for Gentiles more than just those who dwell in the land.
Nope! The Law of Moses could not justly be enforced against anyone outside the nation of Israel. If you came to Israel then you were under their law but there was no law in Israel that could touch a man in Egypt or Rome or in any other nation on Earth.

That doesn't mean that a Roman couldn't sin against God but if he did so it was NOT because of the Torah.

When there is emphasis placed here I can see what you are saying. However, it may say that Christ is the end of the law for righteousness. I am a little bit weak here. Of course I don't think that the Law ends with Jesus because He kept and taught it. But that you can only find forgiveness in Jesus while the Law condemns is true.
What you perceive as "weakness" is a red flag that your doctrine is in conflict with Paul's writings. You want to live your life like a Jew while calling yourself a Christian. "Weakness", as you call it, is unavoidable in that circumstance because you are trusting in your flesh to do that which only the Spirit can accomplish. The law is carnal, meaning it pertained to the flesh. To trust in the law is to resurrect not only the law which Christ nailed to the cross but your flesh as well, which was also hung on that cross in Christ.

Galatians 5:2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
Galations 5:24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.​

Those two verse are from the same chapter. Do you see how the two concepts are connected?

Let me ask you a question...

Was Jesus righteous because He follow the Law of Moses?

Amen.

Amen.

Shalom.
I appreciate your agreement here but how do you square it with the idea that the Law is still in effect?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Arthur Brain

“One witness shall not rise against a man concerning any iniquity or any sin that he commits; by the mouth of two or three witnesses the matter shall be established.If a false witness rises against any man to testify against him of wrongdoing,then both men in the controversy shall stand before the Lord, before the priests and the judges who serve in those days.And the judges shall make careful inquiry, and indeed, if the witness is a false witness, who has testified falsely against his brother,then you shall do to him as he thought to have done to his brother; so you shall put away the evil from among you.And those who remain shall hear and fear, and hereafter they shall not again commit such evil among you.Your eye shall not pity: life shall be for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. - Deuteronomy 19:15-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy19:15-21&version=NKJV

What did Jesus say about an eye for an eye and tooth for tooth again?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What did Jesus say about an eye for an eye and tooth for tooth again?
He affirmed it, and then gave an even stricter teaching for His sheep, Israel, for the coming millennial kingdom.

:duh:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
A crime, sure. Homosexuality isn't one.
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.Professing to be wise, they became fools,and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves,who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful;who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them. - Romans 1:18-32 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans1:18-32&version=NKJV

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Saying it doesn't make it so, Jacob. The law of Moses was for Israel and no one else - period.
I thought there is offerings or an offering that only a Gentile can bring? I haven't verified this, but I have asked about it. I believe I picked that up somewhere.
You think otherwise because you equate the law with morality. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING!
It came from God. There is no way that anyone on earth can escape its moral demands upon their life.
Nope! The Law of Moses could not justly be enforced against anyone outside the nation of Israel. If you came to Israel then you were under their law but there was no law in Israel that could touch a man in Egypt or Rome or in any other nation on Earth.
I don't know why you are trying to get away from the Law. It should be that anyone is allowed to become a proselyte, so that Law is not not for anyone.
That doesn't mean that a Roman couldn't sin against God but if he did so it was NOT because of the Torah.
I know of no other or better standard apart from the Law apart from Christ Himself.
What you perceive as "weakness" is a red flag that your doctrine is in conflict with Paul's writings. You want to live your life like a Jew while calling yourself a Christian. "Weakness", as you call it, is unavoidable in that circumstance because you are trusting in your flesh to do that which only the Spirit can accomplish. The law is carnal, meaning it pertained to the flesh. To trust in the law is to resurrect not only the law which Christ nailed to the cross but your flesh as well, which was also hung on that cross in Christ.
Okay, I can admit to that. But I do not accept what you were driving at for the same reason. If we emphasize or bold something there may be our own reason that we do so, rather than teaching what it says. I want to learn what it really says, and not make up my own interpretation.
Galatians 5:2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.​
Amen. Me? I am circumcised. I may have been circumcised before becoming born again if I am born again.
Let me ask you a question...

Was Jesus righteous because He follow the Law of Moses?
He did say something it is fitting something to fulfill all righteousness. Something like that. Some argue that what He was saying was a righteousness not found in or a part of the Law. If anything Jesus magnified or surpassed the Law, not cancelling it out.
I appreciate your agreement here but how do you square it with the idea that the Law is still in effect?
I don't. I do not necessarily believe that the Law is still in effect.
Resting in Him,
Clete
Shalom.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No, He gave a new instruction

Agreed.

But that was after citing what the Law said.

What part of "He . . . then gave an even stricter teaching for His sheep, Israel, for the coming millennial kingdom" do you not understand?

and it's just not one that you seem to want to take on board for whatever reason.

:dunce: