Glenn Beck reveals how he grew to support Trump

TrumpTrainCA

BANNED
Banned
Glenn Beck reveals how he grew to support Trump

Blaze Media founder Glenn Beck on how his views on Trump have changed since he took office on 'Hannity.'

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I couldn't stomach listening to faux conservatives Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity for 8+ minutes, so I'll speak solely about Glenn Beck and what I know of his past.

He's an odd one: He's a big fan of Founding Fathers historian David Barton and was on the social conservative Ted Cruz Presidential candidate band wagon, but at the same time is very Libertarian leaning (pro homosexuality). Perhaps the latter is why he's a Trump fan?

Maybe his Mormon faith allows Beck to be a moral relativist?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I couldn't stomach listening to faux conservatives Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity for 8+ minutes, so I'll speak solely about Glenn Beck and what I know of his past.

He's an odd one: He's a big fan of Founding Fathers historian David Barton and was on the social conservative Ted Cruz Presidential candidate band wagon, but at the same time is very Libertarian leaning (pro homosexuality). Perhaps the latter is why he's a Trump fan?

Maybe his Mormon faith allows Beck to be a moral relativist?

Not every single thing is about homosexuality.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not every single thing is about homosexuality.

(Sigh, yet another TOL'er whose upset that I bring up sexual perversion in conversations).

If Glenn Beck can't get something as simple as human sexuality right, what makes you think that he can get other things right?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
(Sigh, yet another TOL'er whose upset that I bring up sexual perversion in conversations).
I'm not up set.

You just need to understand that not every single thing is about one issue and that you diminish your own ability to persuade anyone when you make completely unrelated topics into something they clearly are not.

If Glenn Beck can't get something as simple as human sexuality right, what makes you think that he can get other things right?
That is not only irrational is dangerous.

Make the argument! If someone is wrong then make the argument the demonstrates their error. "You're wrong about tax policy, term limits and foreign policy because you don't want to execute homos." is not only a completely irrational argument but a frankly stupid thing to say. It not only would fail to establish your point but it would convince more people that you're a lunatic than it would persuade anyone about the immoral nature of homosexuality.

You harm your own agenda by saying such things.

Arthur Brain

"Another" one? Don't you "think" that TOL is only about three or four people in total anyway?

:dizzy:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

That is not only irrational is dangerous.

I have two questions for you:

1). Is someone who embraces sexual perversion a pervert?

2). Can perverts be trusted?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

Homosexuals are perverts. People who think they aren't perverts aren't necessarily perverts themselves and even if they were (which they aren't) do you propose to persuade them otherwise by twisting every sentence they utter into something about homosexuality?

Practically every person under the age of 20 has no problem at all with homosexuals. Do you think they care about your opinion? I can assure you that they do not. Do you think they're going to be moved by your running around with your hair on fire turning every discussion about puppies and pigtails into an illicit scheme to advance sexual perversion in American society?

You need to sit down and do some serious thinking about what your goals are and whether your tactics are helping you at all.

Who have you ever convinced? Who have you even moved one inch by wrenching discussions about economics, foreign policy, or whatever into some convoluted scheme to support the homosexual agenda?

I'm not telling that you're wrong about homosexuality, I'm telling you that you are their favorite enemy because your convoluted rhetoric only serves to advance their cause and make you out to be the crazy one. When a discussion turns to sexual immorality in general or homosexuality in particular then persuade people by making the argument. Forcing it doesn't come off as genuine, honest or even rational.

Clete

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Homosexuals are perverts. People who think they aren't perverts aren't necessarily perverts themselves...

So someone that engages in a sexual perversion is a pervert, but those who support that perversion aren't?

Are people who support abortion on demand murderers even though they might not have had an abortion themselves?

Now onto question #2:

Can perverts and those who support them be trusted? Can abortionists, i.e. can people who can't even get something as simple as the sanctity of life right be trusted?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

So someone that engages in a sexual perversion is a pervert, but those who support that perversion aren't
Not necessarily, no. I mean, sure if they understand that its an abomination and perverted and they support it anyway then, sure, they could likely be considered a pervert but that doesn't describe most poeople in America. Most people think that we're just being bigots and they don't like bigots and don't want anyone to think that they're a bigot and no one has ever bothered to explain to them how homos pose any harm to them or to anyone and so why would they care what someone does in the privacy of their own bedroom.

I'm not arguing for homos, I'm telling you that this is how most people think about the issue. They are decieved and dreadfully wrong but that doesn't make them a pervert.

Now onto question #2:

Can perverts and those who support them be trusted? Can abortionists, i.e. can people who can't even get something as simple as the sanctity of life right be trusted?
Trusted to do what?

I can't even believe that its a Christian writing this question?! Do you know how Hiltereque you sound?

If someone is wrong on one issue, it doesn't mean that they are wrong on every issue and it doesn't mean that they are Satan incarnate or even a near equivalent. Glen Beck is a radio talk show host. He has no power to make laws or to influence your life in any meaningfull way and so what are you talking about with this "Can he be trusted?" nonsense anyway? Trusted with what? If you don't like the man, turn off his radio show. Most everyone else already has. You know why? It's because he comes off sounding like a crazy person, just the same way you do when you turn every conversation, no matter the topic, into something to do with homosexuality.

Who have you ever convinced? Anyone? Ever?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
So someone that engages in a sexual perversion is a pervert, but those who support that perversion aren't

Not necessarily, no. I mean, sure...

So in your opinion, Glenn Beck can support inherently perverse homosexual behavior and the ever so evil homosexual movement, a movement that indoctrinates and often times physically molests innocent children to the ways of homosexuality and transgenderism, a movement that redefines and eventually destroys invaluable institutions, and he's not a pervert?

Now onto question #2:

Trusted to do what?

Trusted to have a moral basis that doesn't fluctuate between good and evil, right and wrong, God's Word vs Satan's.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Practically every person under the age of 20 has no problem at all with homosexuals.

Clete

I agree and see this as proof that those under 20 today lives in a different culture than me. In my culture being homosexual, no matter what else, is very shameful. To think of it as something undesirable, yet not shameful would be a transitive phase for my generation, but not for the who would be in a transitive generation from my generation.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I agree and see this as proof that those under 20 today lives in a different culture than me. In my culture being homosexual, no matter what else, is very shameful. To think of it as something undesirable, yet not shameful would be a transitive phase for my generation, but not for the who would be in a transitive generation from my generation.

Do you think that there is anything that can be done about it?