Why Stop At Birth?

TrumpTrainCA

BANNED
Banned
the law now allows a child born alive during an attempted abortion to be set aside as medical waste, denied care and allowed to die

regardless of the developmental stage - it can be full term as far as the law is concerned

Imagine, a full sized baby, born, crying in someone arms, then killing it. That is Hitler-level evil. This nation is in a war, between good and evil. We cannot lose. Trump must be re-elected and something need to be done about what is being crammed into kids' brains at schools and colleges

Kit the Coyote

Imagine, a full sized baby, born, crying in someone arms, then killing it. That is Hitler-level evil. This nation is in a war, between good and evil. We cannot lose. Trump must be re-elected and something need to be done about what is being crammed into kids' brains at schools and colleges

I'm still waiting for you to tell me where a current Democrat in office suggested murdering (killing) a newborn child.

Kit the Coyote

if the baby is accidentally born alive during an attempted abortion, the law allows it to be set aside as medical waste to die of neglect

Perhaps in other states but not in New York. New York state law both before and after this bill passed requires that any child 'born alive' is regardless of circumstances must be treated like any other live birth and give the appropriate medical care. The state defines 'born alive' as "the complete expulsion or extraction from its mother of a product of conception, irrespective of the duration of pregnancy, which, after such separation, breathes or shows any other evidence of life such as beating of the heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord, or definite movement of voluntary muscles, whether or not the umbilical cord has been cut or the placenta is attached; each product of such a birth is considered live born.”

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Perhaps in other states but not in New York. New York state law both before and after this bill passed requires that any child 'born alive' is regardless of circumstances must be treated like any other live birth and give the appropriate medical care. The state defines 'born alive' as "the complete expulsion or extraction from its mother of a product of conception, irrespective of the duration of pregnancy, which, after such separation, breathes or shows any other evidence of life such as beating of the heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord, or definite movement of voluntary muscles, whether or not the umbilical cord has been cut or the placenta is attached; each product of such a birth is considered live born.”
Victory. :plain:

Why are you defending childkilling?

Kit the Coyote

I went looking to see if there was something to the claim that the NY law allowed born alive babies to be thrown into medical waste. The stories I found making this claim all seemed to be engaging in a bit of journalistic bait and switch. They would talk about the 'evils' of the NY law and then make a reference to born-alive babies being discarded in medical waste like it was part of the law but if you look closely at the wording of that particular line it always include something like "in facilities around the country..." in other words they make it look like they are saying the NY law allows this when they are actually talking about laws in other states.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not but I will question what seems to be falsehoods and ask for clarification as was this case.
Yeah, because the difference between killing a baby in the few months before he is born and killing him after he is born needs urgent clarification. :plain:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Shall we look at what the sense of the Exodus passage is?
The common rabbinic interpretation is that if the only harm that comes to the woman is the loss of the fetus, it is treated as a case of property damage --- not murder.
Would the son, that died because of harm to his mother, be the property of the wife/mother or the husband/father?
Which one owned the son?

And if the wife/mother had not been harmed and the son lives on, does that "property" ownership change after the birthing of the son?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Perhaps in other states but not in New York. .

New York’s RHA also repealed a section of the public health law that required the following:

that abortions after 12 weeks be performed in a hospital;

that an additional physician be present for abortions after 20 weeks to care for “any live birth that is the result of the abortion”;

and that such babies be provided “immediate legal protection under the laws of the state of New York.”

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/02/addressing-new-yorks-new-abortion-law/

do you understand what "repealed" means?

Kit the Coyote

do you understand what "repealed" means?

Yes, and none of those requirements was to prevent born alive children being tossed in the trash. According to a study of the law and the law's authors which I believe is mentioned in the article you referenced, those provisions were repealed because they are redundant under the existing law.