Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Domestic Terrorism in the Great White North?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domestic Terrorism in the Great White North?

Kingston is about thirty miles from me, across the ice.

‘We disrupted the act’: Accused in Kingston terror arrests had started process of building bomb, RCMP say

The arrests of two young people during raids on two homes in Kingston, Ont., thwarted a terrorist bomb plot that was already in the process of building a homemade improvised explosive device, a senior RCMP counterterrorism official said.

After heavily armed police raided the homes and arrested two people who were friends — one under the age of 18 who is charged with terrorism offences and a 20-year-old man who was arrested but not charged — investigators said they seized an explosive substance described as “precursor elements” of a bomb.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/we-di...c-a6cd6ee7928c

and now for the shocker:

The family of five is from Syria originally, but the children grew up partly in Kuwait, the sister said. The released man and his family came to Canada as refugees after being privately sponsored by a group of churches in Kingston about two years ago.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...ist-bomb-plot/

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
      and now for the shocker:

The family of five is from Syria originally, but the children grew up partly in Kuwait, the sister said. The released man and his family came to Canada as refugees after being privately sponsored by a group of churches in Kingston about two years ago.

The left will be claiming they're being targeted because of their heritage.

Comment

in the us, of course

they're not quite as rabidly insane in canada

Comment

Domestic Terrorism in the Great White North?

Those arrested are misguided teenagers, not trained Islamic terrorists - it was probably other Moslem Syrians who informed the RCMP as to their activities!

If this had happened in America they would have had easy access to assault rifles and an arsenal of weapons like the shooter who killed over 50 and wounded 5000 in Las Vegas - and he was neither Moslem nor Syrian!

Comment

Originally posted by jgarden View Post
            Those arrested are misguided teenagers, not trained Islamic terrorists
            one is 20, and therefore not a teenager

and you have no way of knowing at this time what training they've had

- it was probably other Moslem Syrians who informed the RCMP as to their activities
            cite?

If this had happened in America...
            it didn't

it happened about ten miles from the border

Comment

Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
              The left will be claiming they're being targeted because of their heritage.
              How's that wall going?
              Not so much an emergency all of a sudden

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
                and now for the shocker:

Rumors has it there was Russian involvement.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Boris_and_natash.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	2434838
                Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
                . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Comment

good thing the canucks have a man on the job!

Comment

Those Canadian Mounties are some "bad hombres".

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mountie.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	2434840
                    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
                    . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Comment

We’ll likely never know details behind Kingston arrests

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...n-arrests.html
                      true enough, and frustrating for me - i love posting these Canadian headlines, but followup is usually difficult or impossible

Comment

Working...
                      X