Trump Betrays MAGA Over Venezuela

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
it is often asked of those who support the concept of "Make America Great Again" - when was America great before?

the answer can be found in your article:

We take over these places (third world countries with resources we want to control), kill the bad people and pay for it all by stealing their natural resources, in this case oil.

we were great in the past when that was recognized as an acceptable way of projecting national power :)

Arent you sweet.

Jerry Shugart

what do you think i'm missing?

You are missing what happened in WWII and afterwards. Have you never read anything about that war and the Marshall Plan which followed the war?

Or do you think that the world would be a better place today if Hitler won the war?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You are missing what happened in WWII and afterwards.

what specifically?

Have you never read anything about that war and the Marshall Plan which followed the war?

of course, but not as extensively as the pre-revolutionary war / colonial period and the period before ww1 and leading up and including ww2, the two periods that most interest me, historically

Or do you think that the world would be a better place today if Hitler won the war?

i can't imagine what i've posted that would lead you to that conclusion

but, as a good historian should, let's look at the premise - what would the world look like today if hitler had won the war?

the primary difference, to me, would have been the collapse of the soviet union and the end to soviet communism - as a result of that you wouldn't have had the cold war, the korean war, the vietnam war, the soviet atrocities - there's a lot of history that wouldn't have occurred

ok doser

Not exactly accurate. If Russia could develop something here, doesn't mean its thiers

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

the argument used to be that if somebody had the ability, the tech, the resources, to develop a newly discovered natural resource, they had some entitlement to do so - taking into consideration the existing peoples that would be affected by the development - there were books written on it, discussing responsibilities, rights, moralities, cost/benefits analyses ...

usually they assumed a backward, sparse population, often nomadic (think middle eastern or northern canada - especially wrt the development of the huge hydro projects in quebec)

that's why i said "the short answer"

the long answer is very long indeed :chuckle:

ok doser

Russia can also develop those resources. That seems to be what they're angling for.

yes, they have a stronger/better relationship with the governments of Venezuela than we do

worth noting that a lot of V's reserves are oil/tar sands, similar to Alberta, more easily exploited

but still very dirty

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
It’s puzzling that there are still a lot of politically illiterate folks who do not know that Israel’s intelligence agencies and military experts have always been in favor of Obama’s Iran deal and strongly support it.