ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
well worth the listen - I learned a lot of info I hadn't heard before:

16:00 "97% of all scientists believe in climate change"

turns out that was a lie

what a shocker, eh?

ok doser

So where's all the chicken littles who used to run around here clucking "the sky is falling! the sky is falling!" ??

barbie?

john w

Hall of Fame
TIME-magazine-cooling-to-warming-1973-2006.jpg

Bad news, "scary" headlines, sells.

Scammers.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Global warming, or climate change is neither a conservative nor a liberal thing. It is scientific fact . None of the conservatives who are trying to "debunk" it has a doctorate in climatology .
They don't know diddly squat about this field of science . They ignorantly mistake weather for climate, even though these are different things .
Fracking ? This has been causing earthquakes in parts of America where they had never happened before . Regardless of whether you believe in global warming or not , pollution is a grave threat to the entire world . Big industrialists in America are trying to "debunk " global warming because
they are greedy bastards who don't want the government to make essential laws which would interfere with their ability to rake in the billions .
They could not care less if they pour massive amounts of toxic raw sewage into our rivers,lakes and streams, and the oceans . Humans are expendable to them .
There is a giant mass of discarded plastic and other garbage floating in the Pacific and it is approximately the size of Texas . This not good .

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Global warming, or climate change is neither a conservative nor a liberal thing. It is scientific fact . None of the conservatives who are trying to "debunk" it has a doctorate in climatology .
They don't know diddly squat about this field of science . They ignorantly mistake weather for climate, even though these are different things .
Fracking ? This has been causing earthquakes in parts of America where they had never happened before . Regardless of whether you believe in global warming or not , pollution is a grave threat to the entire world . Big industrialists in America are trying to "debunk " global warming because
they are greedy bastards who don't want the government to make essential laws which would interfere with their ability to rake in the billions .
They could not care less if they pour massive amounts of toxic raw sewage into our rivers,lakes and streams, and the oceans . Humans are expendable to them .
There is a giant mass of discarded plastic and other garbage floating in the Pacific and it is approximately the size of Texas . This not good .
“While the earth remains, Seedtime and harvest, Cold and heat, Winter and summer, And day and night Shall not cease.” - Genesis 8:22 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis8:22&version=NKJV

:think:

ok doser

Global warming, or climate change is neither a conservative nor a liberal thing. It is scientific fact .

it is a scientific fact as far as it goes in describing the fact that the data available indicate that "global temperatures" have changed over the previous two hundred years

it is not a scientific fact when it makes unsupportable "extrapolations" into the past and into the future and pretends those guesses have any scientific validity

this is, in fact, the whole point of Peterson's comments - that the "predictions" made by climate science "experts" are worse than useless

None of the conservatives who are trying to "debunk" it has a doctorate in climatology .

do you?

do you have any kind of background in science, beyond secondary education?

i am certified with a MSEd to teach science in secondary education. Before that I worked for decades as a science professional with a Master of Science degree in a specific field of Chemistry

and you can say this with certainty because you're an expert?

Fracking ? This has been causing earthquakes in parts of America where they had never happened before .

sorry - that's just not true

educate yourself: https://earthquake.usgs.gov/research/induced/myths.php

Regardless of whether you believe in global warming or not ,

again, another point made in the videos - ignorant people like you treat this particular nonsense as a religion - you see it as a matter of belief - and that's necessary for you, because it does not have the weight of good science behind it to stand on its own

tell us, horn, exactly what you, as a liberal "progressive" want the government to do in the name of your silly god, climate change

.. make essential laws ...

be specific - which "essential laws" would you have government make that would address climate change, and that would not be rendered impotent by the arguments raised in the two videos?

ok doser

and horn - you should be able to understand this (although I doubt you'll answer it):

If we could reset the earth's thermostat, based on your extensive knowledge of the controversy - what should we set it at?

What would be an ideal "global temperature"?

and giving consideration to the numerous examples of variation from the Greenland ice core data, what degree of variablity should be allowed?

how should we address a cooling trend such as that presented by #8, and the subsequent warming trend?

if we see a cooling trend such as that shown by #8 (which we will, inevitably), should we start pouring CO2 into the atmosphere?

and it should go without saying, but surely you'll recognize that the variation seen before 1800 has causes independent of human activity, yes?

Last edited:

Danoh

...i am certified with a MSEd to teach science in secondary education. Before that I worked for decades as a science professional with a Master of Science degree in a specific field of Chemistry...

Personally, whenever I read or hear of such credentials, the first thing that comes to my mind is those lessons in Elementary School about pioneering "outsiders" like Louis Pasteur and Marie Curie, and countless others like them, who's discoveries down through history were repeatedly met with great, at times even dangerous, resistance by status quo individuals who'd readily cite their credentials as an evidence they were right to oppose them, persecute them, jail them, even have them burned alive.

The Scribes and the Pharisees are often depicted in Scripture attempting to pull the "credentials" card on Christ.

The Apostle Paul, who had once also based his persecutions to death of various Believers on his credentials as a Pharisee, later also writes of his encounter with those who cite their endless geneologies as some sort of a proof their say against a thing is sound.

On another forum, I sometimes post on, there is a poster who asserts teaching credentials almost identical to your own, whom I sometimes bother with.

For the guy is not only married to a Post-Trib / We're All Spiritual Israel /Darby Was A Con Artist view, but ever evidences an inability to look at a thing objectively, despite his claims of having been a Science teacher for many years.

Personally, I look at the climate control issue from what the Apostle Paul in Romans 1 refers to as those things not seen being easily understood by the things that are.

The Earth is obviously an interconnected Eco-System - one change by the Earth itself in one area or another - for the good, or the bad - impacting many other areas within itself.

Not surprisingly, so is our body (an interconnected Eco-System).

A guy I know severely let his teeth go for years, has spent years on a very, very poor diet, and allowing all sorts of things to easily stress him out.

All of which have long been proven to be interconnected with one another, as to all the various, collateral forms of damage that can eventually begin to result in one.

Today, he has a bleeding ulcer. Which has negatively impacted his bowel movement, and his sleep, and his circulation, and so on.

That is climate change within his body's own, interconnected Eco-System.

Due to his having failed to control his interaction with his inner environment.

Climate control. Or rather, wise self-control of how one treats one's inner "climate."

Doesn't take much of a degree in anything at all, to know this - sooner or later, every one learns this as old age and its many interconnected physical issues begin to manifest.

That old wrist injury's pain from decades back, all of a sudden an issue once more - with its resulting Eco-System impact on one's stress levels, one's sleep, dealings with others, need to rely on medication, with all its various side effects on one's inner "world," etc.

The Planet is the same way - thus, all the changes that winter begins to result in, for example.

Likewise with any other season.

Likewise as with what happens when a wolf population is completely wiped out of an area, and with that the number of other creatures the existence of the wolf had kept somewhat in check, now gradually grow out of "climate control."

Oddly, it is those against the concept of climate control, who once more pull out their rifles and go out to attempt to bring that down to CONTROLLABLE levels once more.

Why?

For all its impact on their local...environment.

Which is called common sense - no degree on one's wall needed. None.

Climate control is an issue of common sense - allow man to just pollute a river and its impact on that river's ability to sustain the various forms of life it had previously been able to is disastrous.

And so on.

But that's the problem in these "debates" against superstition and political leanings felt as "objectivity."

As with those in Scripture ever prized for their willingness to look at all sides of a thing - which very few on here appear to do - it is ever best to keep an open mind to all views on a thing.

It is from there that one is then able to be a bit more objective in one's leanings.

In short, as in Acts 17:11, 12.

ok doser

Personally, whenever I read or hear of such credentials, the first thing that comes to my mind is those lessons in Elementary School about pioneering "outsiders" like Louis Pasteur and Marie Curie, and countless others like them, who's discoveries down through history were repeatedly met with great, at times even dangerous, resistance by status quo individuals who'd readily cite their credentials as an evidence they were right to oppose them, persecute them, jail them, even have them burned alive.

ummm

none of that stuff happened to those two scientists :dizzy:

and my description of my background was a direct response to a specific attempt by horn to do the very thing you're accusing me of :chuckle:

Danoh

what is the major greenhouse gas?

i'll give you a hint - your unpolluted river is just full of it

and the horn is totally ignorant of it - betcha you are too

Spoiler
Screenshot_20161112-095232.png.4deff0e47446e69a7798c594c12d7270.png

Yep, I am.

But I'm more than fine with Romans 1's assertion that the things not seen are easily understood by the things that are.

All the evidence I need of the need for exercising wise control over one's dealings with one's environment, is right here within my own physical body.

You and I differ in outlook on these issues.

It is what it is.

ok doser

... a doctorate in climatology ....
... They don't know diddly squat about this field of science...

never fear, horn - danoh's here to tell you that you don't need a doctorate, or even any knowledge whatsoever about this field of science, up to and including diddly-squat

all you need is:
...common sense - no degree on one's wall needed. None.

Climate control is an issue of common sense...

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yep, I am.

But I'm more than fine with Romans 1's assertion that the things not seen are easily understood by the things that are.

All the evidence I need of the need for exercising wise control over one's dealings with one's environment, is right here within my own physical body.

You and I differ in outlook on these issues.

It is what it is.

Here's all the data I need on this topic.

“While the earth remains, Seedtime and harvest, Cold and heat, Winter and summer, And day and night Shall not cease.” - Genesis 8:22 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis8:22&version=NKJV

:think:

A promise from the Creator of the planet we live upon that so long as it remains, the cycles we have today shall continue indefinitely.

That means, that God was smart enough to create a system that can withstand even man's fiddling.

ok doser

There is a giant mass of discarded plastic and other garbage floating in the Pacific and it is approximately the size of Texas . This (is) not good .

this doesn't have anything to do with global warming, but let's take a look at it

where does it come from?

Overall, worldwide, most of the plastic trash in the ocean comes from Asia. In fact, the top six countries for ocean garbage are China, Indonesia, the Philippines, Vietnam, Sri Lanka and Thailand, according to a 2015 study in the journal Science.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...ge-patch-where-did-all-trash-come/1133838002/

these are all developing countries (ironically, the biggest contributors to CO2 emissions are developing countries)

in addition, most of that plastic debris is discarded fishing gear

so how do we Americans solve this problem?

what solutions can we propose that won't compromise the development of developing countries?

what proposals can we make that won't cause starvation in asian countries that rely on marine food sources?

or should that be a concern?

after all, they're not us citizens, they're not white - should we care whether or not any policy imperatives we might propose have an impact on non-white non-americans from countries we don't care about?

ok doser

Dr Patrick Moore

go to 41:43 and hold onto your socks - he makes a convincing argument for adding CO2 to the atmosphere:

Danoh

Here's all the data I need on this topic.

A promise from the Creator of the planet we live upon that so long as it remains, the cycles we have today shall continue indefinitely.

That means, that God was smart enough to create a system that can withstand even man's fiddling.

Consider that what you have posited may have failed to consider possible counter-examples to your assertion which, if considered, just might have revealed a hole in it.

The Scripture repeatedly asserts that man reaps what he sews.

And while the passage you cited asserts God's intent, Scripture often depicts man going against God's intent, and for so long, that there comes a point, where there is no turning back, the damage, despite God's intent is now irreversible, there is now hell to pay, in one form or another, it is now just a matter of when.

As in not only what happened to the self-induced recipients of the following wrath upon every aspect of theirs lives, including their very land itself, but also, as in what their punishers were warned of - the need to respect God's intent in some mere trees...

Which was an Environmental Impact Preservation issue.

Deuteronomy 20:17 But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee: 20:18 That they teach you not to do after all their abominations, which they have done unto their gods; so should ye sin against the LORD your God. 20:19 When thou shalt besiege a city a long time, in making war against it to take it, thou shalt not destroy the trees thereof by forcing an axe against them: for thou mayest eat of them, and thou shalt not cut them down (for the tree of the field is man's life) to employ them in the siege: 20:20 Only the trees which thou knowest that they be not trees for meat, thou shalt destroy and cut them down; and thou shalt build bulwarks against the city that maketh war with thee, until it be subdued.

Apparantly, God did care once, if not now also, about Environmental Impact issues as seemingly inconsequential as man cutting down a tree, not meant to be cut down, to begin with.

Okay, your turn. Make it good, short and sweet, and base it on Scripture.

Thanks

:)