What Kind Of Person Could "Execute" A Child?

Arthur Brain

Jesus refused to condemn the adulteress that was caught in adultery when He looked around and found that there were no witnesses.
There is no mention of Jesus forgiving her.

So, you think that if there were a coupla witnesses around the account would have described the stoning of the woman? No writing in the ground or anything?

ttruscott

Abortion isn't the topic of this thread. It's about what kind of person could execute young children for "committing capital crimes" which I thought was obvious.

You mean like a Divine righteous Judge who knew the angelic looking child was really a psychopathic 6000 year old demon sown here by his father the devil (Matt 13:38-39)??? That kind of Person?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You look at it only from a Mosaic Law point of view while I look at it through the teachings of Christ in the New Covenant.

Hello. Stupid. Is there anyone at home in that cobweb-filled cranium of yours?

Jesus upheld the law.

If He had gone through Deuteronomy line-by-line, the woman would have been unconvicted.

The problem is: You refuse to think.

Jesus was explicit: "I did not come to overturn the law." "Not one letter of the law will disappear."

Your attempt to paint Him as being antithetical to the law shows that you have no understanding of scripture. But you've been told this a thousand times, which means ignorance is not your problem.

I uphold law and justice but since Jesus rose from the dead, I no longer believe that law and justice is the purpose of faith.
The topic is not faith.

The topic is not forgiveness.

The topic is not anything remotely related to the stupid, stupid things you bring up. The topic is the law and justice. You have invented your own standards of justice. Your ideas might be worth discussing, but you want to pretend they are scriptural.

You are wrong thinking I do not understand your position. I do. You are correct in thinking that I do not empathize with you over your position. I do not. I understand your position and I think it is wrong.

But your only objection is emotionalism.

When you have something sensible to contribute, let us know.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

marhig

Jesus refused to condemn the adulteress that was caught in adultery when He looked around and found that there were no witnesses.
There is no mention of Jesus forgiving her.
I think you need to read what Jesus said again

John 8

When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, NEITHER DO I CONDEMN THEE: go and sin no more

Jesus didn't condemn her, because Jesus had compassion. Only he was able to stone anyone because only he was without sin, and he never, he forgave her and told her to go and sin no more. She never know Jesus before that, but after she met him she was to turn from sinning. Jesus said elsewhere to a man he had forgiven to go sin no more lest a worse thing come upon him.

Once we truly follow Jesus, we are to turn from wilful sinning, if we carry on then we will suffer the consequences.

Right Divider

Body part
And none of them could cast that stone when Jesus asked them too. Jesus never said do not stone her, He simply said if you are without sin, any sin, cast the first stone. That is rather a different standard than you are attempting to set by requiring somebody to not be guilty of that particular sin. I am unwilling to use your measure.
I can't help it that you don't understand the text.

Right Divider

Body part

genuineoriginal

I think you need to read what Jesus said again

John 8

When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, NEITHER DO I CONDEMN THEE: go and sin no more

Jesus didn't condemn her, because Jesus had compassion.
Jesus didn't condemn her because there were no accusers.
It states that plainly in the verses you quoted.
Nowhere in those verses does it state that Jesus didn't condemn her because of His compassion.
You made that up.

he forgave her and told her to go and sin no more.
The scriptures state that Jesus did not condemn her.
The scriptures do not state that Jesus forgave her.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Apologies for the long post.

I didn't attribute it to you.

That's what the "QUOTE=JUDGERIGHTLY;####" means. By leaving your response to my post within the "QUOTE" tags, you are INHERENTLY attributing words to me that I did not say.

That is called BEARING FALSE WITNESS.

I offered a parenthetical comment within your quote as is sometimes done by editors in way of adding a note to the author.

It's a good thing that I'm not writing a book, and that this is a forum, otherwise you might have a point.

There are BBCode tags made available to use for a reason, Cabinet. You should use them.

Or even just take the list out of the QUOTE tags, and simply respond to it without attributing to me. That's acceptable on this forum, as far as I'm aware...

Deuteronomy 22: 23-24 23If there is a young woman, a virgin already engaged to be married, and a man meets her in the town and lies with her, 24you shall bring both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death, the young woman because she did not cry for help in the town and the man because he violated his neighbor’s wife. So you shall purge the evil from your midst.

What if the woman could not call for help because his hand was over her mouth. Or a gun was to her head?

NOTE:

This passage is not talking about rape.

It's talking about a form of adultery.

A woman who is engaged to be married is considered to be that man's wife, because it should be expected that if a woman gets engaged to a man, it would be almost guaranteed that he would marry her.

The only difference between being engaged and being married is that the marriage hasn't been formalized yet, and that the two have not yet become one flesh.

With that in mind, also consider this:

It was expected (unfortunately, this isn't true today) that if a woman (especially if she was engaged to be married) (if she had any honor) was being propositioned to by a man (in other words, he was trying to seduce her), she would cry out so that everyone around her would know that this man was trying to seduce her, and he would at the very least, be shamed.

Considering both of the above, the meaning of the verse becomes clear:

If a woman who is engaged to be married doesn't cry out, but instead goes along with a man, and he lies with her, they are guilty of adultery, and should both be put to death, as the law says, because the man violated his neighbor's wife (she was engaged to the man), and she was complicit (she did not cry out in the town where everyone would have heard her)

The law requires that both be stoned. I am less sure that it requires that both be brought forward at the same time to be judged. The law is not specific about that.

Fair enough. I concede that the law does not specify that the man should be brought along with the woman.

Whether the man was brought forth or not does not change the fact that the woman was guilty of the crime.

All we have as evidence to that is the Pharisees' claim that she was caught in the very act, yet their testimony is cast into doubt because of what scripture says, that they were trying to trick Jesus.

This they said, testing Him, that they might have something of which to accuse Him. But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with His finger, as though He did not hear. - John 8:6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John8:6&version=NKJV

Good in terms of what God defines as good, not so much. Good as in willing to help others in need of help, yes.

You said:

People are basically good when all their needs are met.

Which has nothing to do with "willing to help others in need."

Man is basically evil. Just look at America with its social programs. People will gladly pass laws that take from their neighbors just so that their personal needs can be met.

But Jesus completed

Define "completed" please.

that law and brought in the New Covenant under which we are forgiven, not condemned.

The New Covenant was for Israel, the same nation that the Old Covenant was made to.

Not only has the New Covenant been put on hold, but it also only applied to the Jews, and could only be accessed by people who entered the covenant of circumcision (in other words, only by those who became a Jew). One cannot currently enter into the New Covenant.

The penalty for rejecting Christ is eternal separation from God.

No argument there, but what does that have to do with punishing criminals?

Nothing about these two statement are correct.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

The New Covenant has never been and is not now "on hold."

You should read the parable of the barren fig tree, and then compare it to what happened between Acts 1:1 and Acts 9:1. And then read Galatians 2:7-9.

The New Covenant is for all nations

Saying it doesn't make it so.

Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah — - Hebrews 8:8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews8:8&version=NKJV

You need to pay attention to what Scripture ACTUALLY says.

which is why Jesus commanded His Apostles to go forth and make believers of ALL nations.

And yet, aside from a very small number of trips made by only a handful of the Twelve, not one of them obeyed that command. They all stayed within Jerusalem and the surrounding area.

Romans 3: 22 This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Good scripture. But it has nothing to do with the New Covenant.

The New Covenant makes the distinction between Jew and Gentile. On the other hand, in the Body of Christ, there is NO distinction.

Care to try again?

I will but parenthetically.

Next time, just remove the "QUOTE" tags from around the portion of my post you are quoting and add your "parenthetical".

That way I don't have to struggle with trying to copy and paste text from your post in an app on a mobile device.

Note, I responded based on a civil criminal code.

Did you even bother to check to see what the Bible says about such crimes?

The sins behind each of these is a different matter entirely.

Is murder just a sin? or is it a crime also?

You cannot legislate morality.

What's that supposed to mean? That you can't make laws against crimes?

Making something a crime may or may not stop an action

Making something illegal does NOTHING to prevent crime.

but it will not prevent the sin.

We're not talking about things that are only sins.

We're talking about things that are both sin AND crime.

Remember the standard Jesus set when talking about adultery.

Jesus didn't "set" any standard during his earthly ministry.

He only corrected what people believed. If you compare what He said to what the law in the Old Testament, you'll find that they match.

You can be guilty of a sin without ever committing an actual crime.

And yet, we're not talking about things that are just sin here, we're talking about CRIME. Lust is not a crime, but it leads to death. Adultery stems from lust, which makes it a sin, but in addition to being a sin, it is also a crime, because it's acting out one's lust.

You keep trying to make this discussion only about the sin aspect of crimes, while trying to steer the conversation away from how the crimes should be punished by the government.

Verse 20: 20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

Which deals with sins, and not how crimes should be dealt with.

I would not agree at all.

Good thing that your agreement with something is not necessary for it to be correct.

As Christians we should be advocating ONLY for the gospel.

The Gospel INCLUDES the law, Cab. The law is the tool a Christian uses to bring the lost to Christ!

Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,desiring to be teachers of the law, understanding neither what they say nor the things which they affirm.But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully,knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God which was committed to my trust. - 1 Timothy 1:5-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Timothy1:5-11&version=NKJV

What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one.Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law.But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed.Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. - Galatians 3:19-25 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians3:19-25&version=NKJV

When Christians go forth calling for the death penalty we condemn people to hell rather that save them.

No, we don't. They are already condemned! When we tell someone who has committed a capital crime that they deserve to be put to death, we are telling them what their just punishment should be.

“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. - John 3:18-19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John3:18-19&version=NKJV

I have tried to talk to homosexuals about Jesus.

Good for you.

I will ask them if they have heard about God's love for us.

Have you ever tried loving them? And by love I don't mean telling them "God loves you." By love I mean telling them that what they're doing is destroying not only them but those around them.

They reply, "You mean the God that wants me stoned to death? Get lost!"

And do you walk away or do you persist?

When Christians advocate for the death penalty we close peoples hearts to the message of Christ

If that were true, then it should be impossible to reach people through condemning them. See below (Terry's Call).

Question: What do you tell a hoarder? Do you tell them that you love them and that what they're doing is ok? OR do you tell them that what they're doing is destroying their life, and that if they don't stop, they're going to die because of the conditions they're living in?

and people die lost because of our arrogance.

It's arrogant to warn people of their impending doom?

“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. - John 3:18-19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John3:18-19&version=NKJV

How many people have you condemned to hell because you closed their heart to Christ?

None, they are all condemned already. I just pointed the fact out to them.

Do you think God will be pleased that you lost one of His children that might have otherwise been saved if you had said God loves instead of God wants you dead?

You should listen to "Terry's Call." A homo called into BEL and condemned Bob for being against homosexuality and claimed to be a "gay Christian". You know what happened next? Bob called him a pervert.

https://kgov.com/terrys-call

Terry got saved that day, and, while unfortunately it was already too late for him to be treated (Terry had AIDS from his perverted lifestyle), Denver Bible Church bought him a bus ticket to come live out in Denver, but Terry died on the way there in Kansas City.

Terry is now in heaven, why? Because someone condemned him for being a homo.

See above as to why Christians being strong advocates for the DP does more harm to the Gospel than good.

It does more harm than good to say that murder is wrong and should be punished?

It does more harm than good to condemn adultery because not only does it destroy those who do it, but also has devastating effects on the family members of those involved?

It does more harm than good to condemn crime?

You are a fool, Cabinet.

It does more harm than good to NOT condemn crimes that lead to death.

The point is that Jesus was saying you should always be ready to forgive them.

Your argument seems to be "since my opponents don't mention forgiveness when advocating the death penalty for certain crimes, therefore they must not think that criminals should be forgiven."

That's called an argument from silence, and it is also incorrect on two things.

1) We advocate the death penalty, because we want criminals to be deterred from committing the crime in the first place.

2) We do not advocate that criminals should be forgiven. We advocate that criminals should only be forgiven IF THEY REPENT. And even then, if they have committed a capital crime, we advocate that they should STILL be put to death.

Our focus is not forgiveness, nor is it the topic of the thread, no matter how much you would like it to be.

Our focus is appropriate punishment for crimes.

There no limit to the number of times you should be ready to give forgiveness.

You keep leaving out the most important part.

Someone has to repent before they can justly be forgiven.

A murderer may well come to the realization that they deserve to die for their crimes.

That is the intent behind the death penalty...

But our charge oas Christians is to make believers of all men.

Which does not contradict our position. So what's your point?

I do advocate for forgiving all criminals.

What if they don't repent, do you still advocate for forgiving them?

I also advocate for a criminal system that prosecutes and penalizes criminals.

But you won't consider God's required punishments for criminals. Instead you'll go to man-made "civil criminal codes" to find punishments for crimes.

:think:

Both are required.

Even if the criminal doesn't repent?

The question is as Christians, should we be vocally be calling for the execution of people when doing so condemns them to hell because we close their hearts to the Gospel.

There was a study done almost two thousand years ago on how many people, when confronted with their mortality, repented and turned to God.

50% of them did not repent, and the other 50% did.

How many people truly get saved in prisons today through prison ministries? Not many, right? In fact, many of the prisoners (especially those who are in prison for lesser crimes, would probably call themselves Christians.

I would say that prison ministries would get less than 33% of the ones they witness to saved (no, that's not an official number, but I can't seem to find any statistics on the matter).

So which is better at showing people that they need God? Prison ministries, or the death penalty?

50% or less than 33%?

How do you share the good news of Christ with a person to whom you have just told that God wants them dead?

I'm pretty sure Ray Comfort does it just fine. Just watch some of his videos on YT.

You tell them that there's a way out of eternal punishment, that if they accept Christ, even though they will die for their crime, they will be forgiven, and will be given eternal life. You present that as the alternative to being punished for all eternity for rejecting the God of righteousness.

I answered this already but I will again. You will call me a hypocrite because you lack subtlety.

I advocate for a criminal system that prosecutes and punished criminals. It is a vital part of maintaining an ordered society.

Do you advocate that the judge should forgive criminals from their crimes?

I advocate for Christians to be ready to forgive those that sin against us.

What about criminals that don't repent?

Our forgiveness should be as complete as Jesus forgave us.

What is that supposed to mean?

I advocate for Christians to stop calling for death for crimes defined under Mosaic laws.

Why? God says that murderers, adulterers, homosexuals, sodomites, those who commit bestiality, kidnappers, should all be put to death. What authority do you have to say they should not?

Constantly calling for people to be stoned turns people away from God, not towards Him.

Because you say so?

The law (which, by the way, includes the punishments for breaking it) is a tutor that leads one to Christ. When you pervert the law, changing what it says, and saying that the punishments shouldn't be as harsh, you remove the law's purpose of bringing people to Christ.

As Christian, we are commanded to make believers of all men.

Which does not go against our position.

We are not make people fear God.

Which goes against Scripture:

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. - Proverbs 9:10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs9:10&version=NKJV

Advocating the death penalty for crimes that are worthy of death teaches the people that there is eternal death for those who reject God.

You look at it only from a Mosaic Law point of view while I look at it through the teachings of Christ in the New Covenant.

We look at it from GOD's perspective.

He says that those who commit crimes worthy of death should be put to death, those who commit crimes worthy of corporal punishment should be corporally punished, and those who commit crimes worthy of restitution should pay restitution.

I uphold law and justice

You may uphold law, but you certainly don't uphold justice. Justice would be to punish criminals with the punishments given by God.

but since Jesus rose from the dead, I no longer believe that law and justice is the purpose of faith.

Where in the Bible does it say that God repealed the death penalty for murder? Where in the Bible does it say God repealed the death penalty for homosexuality? Where in the Bible does it say God repealed the death penalty for bestiality? For adultery? Where did he repeal the punishments for other crimes, such as theft, assault, negligence?

You are wrong thinking I do not understand your position. I do. You are correct in thinking that I do not empathize with you over your position. I do not. I understand your position and I think it is wrong.

Then if, as you claim, you know our position, could you put our position, that you claim to know, into your own words?

--------

Ok, now for your answer to my request for appropriate punishments for crimes. Before I get into this, could you please tell me how long the prison sentences should be for the crimes where you said "Jail time" or "incarceration", and how much should be paid (and to whom) for the crimes where you said "restitution"? The rest where you did not provide a punishment that requires an amount of punishment, I will respond to below the box which contains the items you need to clarify:

Spoiler

[/QUOTE]
Perjury? (Jail time)

Capital perjury? (Prison)

Theft where the goods stolen are

- recovered? (Jail time)

- sold? (Jail time and restitution)

- destroyed?(Jail time and restitution)

- irreplaceable? (Jail time and restitution)

- sentimental? (Jail time and restitution)

- insignificant? (Jail time and restitution)

- surrendered? (Jail time and restitution)

Accidental destruction of property? (Restitution)

Destruction of property? (Jail time and restitution)

Assaulting someone? (Jail time)

Rape? (I strongly favor incarceration and castration)

Abortion? (Jail time)

Here are the items that I will clarify so you can can provide an appropriate punishment:

Temporary injury? (Depends on whether there was criminal intent or not)

Provide punishments for both assuming no criminal intent and assuming there is criminal intent.

Permanent injury? (Assuming you meant there was criminal intent - jail time and restitution)

Provide punishments for both assuming no criminal intent and assuming there is criminal intent.

And here are the items to which you have given an answer that does not require an amount, either due to the nature of the punishment or that you already provided an amount, which I will address in this post:

Common negligence?

You said the punishment should be: (As befits the nature of the negligence)

The Bible says:

The punishment should be even restitution.

“And if a man opens a pit, or if a man digs a pit and does not cover it, and an ox or a donkey falls in it,the owner of the pit shall make it good; he shall give money to their owner, but the dead animal shall be his. . . . Or if it was known that the ox tended to thrust in time past, and its owner has not kept it confined, he shall surely pay ox for ox, and the dead animal shall be his own. - Exodus 21:33-34,36 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus21:33-34,36&version=NKJV

“If a man causes a field or vineyard to be grazed, and lets loose his animal, and it feeds in another man’s field, he shall make restitution from the best of his own field and the best of his own vineyard.“If fire breaks out and catches in thorns, so that stacked grain, standing grain, or the field is consumed, he who kindled the fire shall surely make restitution. - Exodus 22:5-6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus22:5-6&version=NKJV

Litigated dispute?

You said: (As negotiated in the litigation)

The Bible says:

The punishment should be one to forty blows.

“If there is a dispute between men, and they come to court, that the judges may judge them, and they justify the righteous and condemn the wicked,then it shall be, if the wicked man deserves to be beaten, that the judge will cause him to lie down and be beaten in his presence, according to his guilt, with a certain number of blows.Forty blows he may give him and no more, lest he should exceed this and beat him with many blows above these, and your brother be humiliated in your sight. - Deuteronomy 25:1-3 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy25:1-3&version=NKJV

Murder?

You said: (Life time incarceration.)

The Bible says:

The punishment should be swift and painful execution.

“Whoever sheds man’s blood, By man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man. - Genesis 9:6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis9:6&version=NKJV

“He who strikes a man so that he dies shall surely be put to death.However, if he did not lie in wait, but God delivered him into his hand, then I will appoint for you a place where he may flee.“But if a man acts with premeditation against his neighbor, to kill him by treachery, you shall take him from My altar, that he may die. - Exodus 21:12-14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus21:12-14&version=NKJV

“You shall not murder. - Exodus 20:13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus20:13&version=NKJV

‘Whoever kills any man shall surely be put to death. . . . And whoever kills an animal shall restore it; but whoever kills a man shall be put to death. - Leviticus 24:17,21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus24:17,21&version=NKJV

‘But if he strikes him with an iron implement, so that he dies, he is a murderer; the murderer shall surely be put to death.And if he strikes him with a stone in the hand, by which one could die, and he does die, he is a murderer; the murderer shall surely be put to death.Or if he strikes him with a wooden hand weapon, by which one could die, and he does die, he is a murderer; the murderer shall surely be put to death.The avenger of blood himself shall put the murderer to death; when he meets him, he shall put him to death.If he pushes him out of hatred or, while lying in wait, hurls something at him so that he dies,or in enmity he strikes him with his hand so that he dies, the one who struck him shall surely be put to death. He is a murderer. The avenger of blood shall put the murderer to death when he meets him. - Numbers 35:16-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers35:16-21&version=NKJV

“But if anyone hates his neighbor, lies in wait for him, rises against him and strikes him mortally, so that he dies, and he flees to one of these cities,then the elders of his city shall send and bring him from there, and deliver him over to the hand of the avenger of blood, that he may die.Your eye shall not pity him, but you shall put away the guilt of innocent blood from Israel, that it may go well with you. - Deuteronomy 19:11-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy19:11-13&version=NKJV

Human sacrifice?

You said: (Murder - see above)

The Bible says:

The punishment should be execution by stoning.

“Again, you shall say to the children of Israel: ‘Whoever of the children of Israel, or of the strangers who dwell in Israel, who gives any of his descendants to Molech, he shall surely be put to death. The people of the land shall stone him with stones. - Leviticus 20:2 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus20:2&version=NKJV

Kidnapping?

You said: (Life in prison)

The Bible says:

The punishment should be execution.

“He who kidnaps a man and sells him, or if he is found in his hand, shall surely be put to death. - Exodus 21:16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus21:16&version=NKJV

“If a man is found kidnapping any of his brethren of the children of Israel, and mistreats him or sells him, then that kidnapper shall die; and you shall put away the evil from among you. - Deuteronomy 24:7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy24:7&version=NKJV

Deadly negligence?

You said: (Life in prison)

The Bible says:

“If an ox gores a man or a woman to death, then the ox shall surely be stoned, and its flesh shall not be eaten; but the owner of the ox shall be acquitted.But if the ox tended to thrust with its horn in times past, and it has been made known to his owner, and he has not kept it confined, so that it has killed a man or a woman, the ox shall be stoned and its owner also shall be put to death.If there is imposed on him a sum of money, then he shall pay to redeem his life, whatever is imposed on him. - Exodus 21:28-30 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus21:28-30&version=NKJV

“When you build a new house, then you shall make a parapet for your roof, that you may not bring guilt of bloodshed on your household if anyone falls from it. - Deuteronomy 22:8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy22:8&version=NKJV

Adultery?

You said: (Not a criminal act)

Did you actually just say that adultery is not a criminal act?

You really are a fool, Cab. SHAME ON YOU!

You're part of the problem with society. All of the broken marriages, murders, and assaults caused by adultery can be blamed partly on you.

The Bible says:

The punishment should be that both the man and the woman be put to death.

‘The man who commits adultery with another man’s wife, he who commits adultery with his neighbor’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress, shall surely be put to death. - Leviticus 20:10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus20:10&version=NKJV

“If a man is found lying with a woman married to a husband, then both of them shall die—the man that lay with the woman, and the woman; so you shall put away the evil from Israel. - Deuteronomy 22:22 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy22:22&version=NKJV

“You shall not commit adultery. - Exodus 20:14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus20:14&version=NKJV

Sodomy?

Not only is it a criminal act, it's an ABOMINATION TO GOD!

You're part of the reason homosexuality is so prevalent in society. SHAME ON YOU!

The Bible says:

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. . . . For whoever commits any of these abominations, the persons who commit them shall be cut off from among their people. - Leviticus 18:22,29 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus18:22,29&version=NKJV

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. - Leviticus 20:13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus20:13&version=NKJV

Bestiality?

SHAME ON YOU! Not only is bestiality a crime, it's an ABOMINATION TO GOD!

The Bible says:

“Whoever lies with an animal shall surely be put to death. - Exodus 22:19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus22:19&version=NKJV

Nor shall you mate with any animal, to defile yourself with it. Nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it. It is perversion. . . . For whoever commits any of these abominations, the persons who commit them shall be cut off from among their people. - Leviticus 18:23,29 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus18:23,29&version=NKJV

If a man mates with an animal, he shall surely be put to death, and you shall kill the animal.If a woman approaches any animal and mates with it, you shall kill the woman and the animal. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood is upon them. - Leviticus 20:15-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus20:15-16&version=NKJV

Manslaughter during crime?

You said: (Life in prison. But only for the person who committed the murder.)

The Bible says:

“If men fight, and hurt a woman with child, so that she gives birth prematurely, yet no harm follows, he shall surely be punished accordingly as the woman’s husband imposes on him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.But if any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, - Exodus 21:22-23 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus21:22-23&version=NKJV

For the following, allow me to restate, so you can adjust your comments on each appropriately:

Incest Sexual relations with:

- Mother? (If a minor is involved then jail time for the adult, loss of custody)

- Mother-in-law? (This is not incest. This is adultery or rape depending)

- Sister? (If a minor is involved then jail time. If not, it is not a criminal act)

- Aunt? (If a minor is involved then jail time. If not, it is not a criminal act)

- Sister-in-law? (This is not incest. This is adultery or rape depending)

Could you tell us what should be done in the following circumstances?

Unknown murderer?

Someone is in contempt of court?

Someone attempts to commit a crime?

Someone aids someone who is committing or has committed a crime?

[QUOTE]

Last edited:

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Hello. Stupid. Is there anyone at home in that cobweb-filled cranium of yours?

Jesus upheld the law.

If He had gone through Deuteronomy line-by-line, the woman would have been unconvicted.

The problem is: You refuse to think.

Jesus was explicit: "I did not come to overturn the law." "Not one letter of the law will disappear."
Do you believe that Jesus fulfilled the Law? You did n't quote the whole passage so you twist the meaning to fit what you want to see. The whole passage says:

[h=3]Matthew 5: The Fulfillment of the Law[/h]17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Did Jesus's death on the cross and resurrection fulfill the law?

Your attempt to paint Him as being antithetical to the law shows that you have no understanding of scripture. But you've been told this a thousand times, which means ignorance is not your problem.
It means that I do not find leaglists to be inspired teachers.

The topic is not faith.
The topic is not forgiveness.

The topic is not anything remotely related to the stupid, stupid things you bring up. The topic is the law and justice. You have invented your own standards of justice. Your ideas might be worth discussing, but you want to pretend they are scriptural.
Well, actually no, that is not a true statement. I have several times that a well ordered society requires a justice system to keep itself well ordered. Punishment needs to match the crime. The Topic is: Do young children deserve to executed? My answer is no, they do not. Because Jesus fulfilled the law so there is no biblical mandate under the New Covenant to kill a child. Or anybody really. That leaves the death penalty up to human law to determine when and how it should be applied.

But your only objection is emotionalism.
No, my objection is based on faith. God told me to go make believers of all nations, He did not command me to go find everybody who is guilty of a crime and punish them.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you believe that Jesus fulfilled the Law?
That's what it says. It also says: "I have not come to abolish the law."

That puts to rest your stupid assertion that John 8 means the law is no longer in effect.

Yes.

Note, it also did not abolish the law.

Well, actually no, that is not a true statement. I have several times that a well ordered society requires a justice system to keep itself well ordered. Punishment needs to match the crime. The Topic is: Do young children deserve to executed? My answer is no, they do not. Because Jesus fulfilled the law so there is no biblical mandate under the New Covenant to kill a child. Or anybody really. That leaves the death penalty up to human law to determine when and how it should be applied.
"Fulfilled" does not mean "abolished."

Simple comprehension seems to be well beyond you.

No, my objection is based on faith. God told me to go make believers of all nations, He did not command me to go find everybody who is guilty of a crime and punish them.

:yawn:

Your squeamishness is irrelevant. You do think criminals should be punished. Don't you believe that Jesus "fulfilled" the law?

Hypocrite.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
That's what it says. It also says: "I have not come to abolish the law."

That puts to rest your stupid assertion that John 8 means the law is no longer in effect.

Yes.

Note, it also did not abolish the law.

"Fulfilled" does not mean "abolished."

Simple comprehension seems to be well beyond you.

:yawn:

Your squeamishness is irrelevant. You do think criminals should be punished. Don't you believe that Jesus "fulfilled" the law?

Hypocrite.

I disagree with your analysis. I believe that when somebody is not condemned by God they are forgiven by God. I believe that when the Law was fulfilled its power over us was abolished. I believe that when you go around telling people that God wants them dead because of the Old Covenant laws you completely undermine what Jesus actually came to do. Jesus dies for the forgiveness of all sins. When we die, we will not be judged for our sins, we will be judged for what we did with Jesus. Did we accept Him or did we reject Him. When you go around telling people God wants them dead you reject Jesus's Gospel of hope and forgiveness in favor of vengeance. That is not a measure I want to be judged by.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I disagree with your analysis. I believe that when somebody is not condemned by God they are forgiven by God. I believe that when the Law was fulfilled its power over us was abolished. I believe that when you go around telling people that God wants them dead because of the Old Covenant laws you completely undermine what Jesus actually came to do. Jesus dies for the forgiveness of all sins. When we die, we will not be judged for our sins, we will be judged for what we did with Jesus. Did we accept Him or did we reject Him. When you go around telling people God wants them dead you reject Jesus's Gospel of hope and forgiveness in favor of vengeance. That is not a measure I want to be judged by.
But you want criminals punished.

So much for "forgiveness."

Your position is stupid beyond belief.

Right Divider

Body part
Do you believe that Jesus fulfilled the Law? You did n't quote the whole passage so you twist the meaning to fit what you want to see. The whole passage says:

Matthew 5: The Fulfillment of the Law

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

No, there was much more to come from the law AND THE PROPHETS.

I notice that your "Matthew 5: The Fulfillment of the Law" ignores THE PROPHETS completely.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
But you want criminals punished.

So much for "forgiveness."

Your position is stupid beyond belief.

I am so sorry you lack the ability to understand the difference. You can be forgiven but still bear the consequences of your actions. The question we must answer is whether a child could ever be actually guilty of a capitol crime. The next, and more important, question we must ask is whether are actions bring glory to God. Given what Christ did for us, there is no possible way I could say that killing a child brings any glory to God at all.