Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Kind Of Person Could "Execute" A Child?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    You're welcome. Under the law they're not regarded as adults or have the same rights.
    Which law?

man's law or God's Law?

Comment

• Originally posted by ok doser View Post
      Which law?

man's law or God's Law?
      Men cannot make laws unless they are in accord with God's law.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
      Where is the evidence for a global flood?
      E≈mc2
      "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
      -Bob B.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stripe View Post
        Why?

We have your standard, which says only a sinless man can convict.

That means for every crime, you would be forced to say: "Go and sin no more."

Your analysis is stupid beyond belief.

This is why i gave up on him - ya can't fix stupid

Comment

• Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
          So, according to you, Jesus was a law disrespecting Jew. You're wrong, as usual.
          No. Jesus is the Son of God who completed the Old Covenant and sealed the New Covenant with His blood. Jesus was teaching us about life under the New Covenant.
          Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

What are my fruits today?

Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

"Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stripe View Post
            There are concepts that have primacy over forgiveness, justice and repentance being two.

But, no. Stick with your ridiculous understanding of how things should work.

What. a. moron.

Support This from the New Testament.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

"Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

Comment

• Originally posted by CabinetMaker View Post
              Jesus was teaching us about life under the New Covenant.

in which all criminal behavior is to be forgiven?

in which murderers, rapists, adulterers, thieves are to be set free with the admonishment "go and sin no more"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
                Read a little more carefully.... THEY were claiming to be witnesses!
                Joh 8:2-6 KJV And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. (3) And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, (4) They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. (5) Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? (6) This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
                That foes not change the fact that Jesus asked for an executioner.

Comment

• Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
                  Who is supposed to throw the first stone according to the Law of Moses?

Deuteronomy 17:7
                  7 The hands of the witnesses shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people. So thou shalt put the evil away from among you.
                  I do not find Old Testament Christians to be inspired teachers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ok doser View Post
                    in which all criminal behavior is to be forgiven?

in which murderers, rapists, adulterers, thieves are to be set free with the admonishment "go and sin no more"?
                    I thought you were done.
                    No, criminal behavior is not to be forgiven. I do support the death penalty for certain crimes. I do not support the death penalty for children.

Comment

I do not find Old Testament Christians to be inspired teachers.
                      The New Testament is based on the Old Testament. When you throw out the Old, you destabilize the New, because you have removed the entire foundation on which the New was built.

Comment

I thought you were done.
                        No, criminal behavior is not to be forgiven. I do support the death penalty for certain crimes. I do not support the death penalty for children.
                        Then what punishment should be given to those in the "New Covanant" who have committed a crime?

Comment

• Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                          Then what punishment should be given to those in the "New Covanant" who have committed a crime?
                          Depends on the crime, doesn't it. Adultery does not deserve the DP. Serial killers, yes, the DP is appropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                            The New Testament is based on the Old Testament. When you throw out the Old, you destabilize the New, because you have removed the entire foundation on which the New was built.
                            That is not exactly what Jesus and His apostles taught. The New washed away the Old. We love under The Golden Rule, not An Eye For An Eye. Very few understand the profound difference between the two.

Comment

Depends on the crime, doesn't it. Adultery does not deserve the DP.
                              What DOES it deserve?

Serial killers, yes, the DP is appropriate.
                              So it's appropriate for serial killers, but not adulterers?

Originally posted by CabinetMaker View Post
                              That is not exactly what Jesus and His apostles taught. The New washed away the Old.
                              Scripture?

We love under The Golden Rule,
                              Oh? And what would that be?

not An Eye For An Eye.
                              But you'll have a life for multiple lives punishment for serial killers. Why not something else for serial killers? I mean, you've already gotten rid of the DP for adultery, why not get rid of it for serial killers as well?

Very few understand the profound difference between the two.
                              Perhaps you could (attempt) to explain?
                              Last edited by JudgeRightly; September 29, 2018, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Support This from the New Testament.
                                Wait a minute, Sunshine. You're the one asserting that the proper response to crime is "go and sin no more."

You justify yourself with common sense oh wait you can't because your idea is prima facie stupid.

Where is the evidence for a global flood?
                                E≈mc2
                                "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
                                -Bob B.

Comment

Working...
                                X