Why do national leaders only get a few years?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How is it? If it's a random lottery then you could (and most likely would have) someone completely unqualified to hold office.

Equally, and perhaps more, likely is choosing someone who is really really good at leading.

You would agree that good leaders generally don't have a pre-existing desire to rule, correct?

Would his support staff be elected in the same random fashion?

[emoji33]

No. Staff selection would be at the King's discretion.

rexlunae

Given the breaking news. some current national leaders might be getting more than just a few years.

Donald Trump was just implicated in a felony in court documents. Two Republican Congressmen have been indicted in the last couple of weeks.

The Republican Party is rotten to the core. Where is Paul Ryan? He must be interviewing for his lobbying career.

drbrumley

Duh!

Even so, it's still the best way to choose a leader.

It is?

Text in question....

Acts 1:v23-26
So they proposed two men: Joseph called Barsabass (also known as Justus) and Matthias. 24:Then they prayed, "Lord,you know everyone's heart. Show us which of these two men you have chosen 25: to take over this apostolic ministry, which Judas left to go where he belongs." 26:Then they cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias; so he was added to the eleven apostles.

This was BEFORE the Holy Spirit. Now that he has come, there is no need for lots as it would now boarder on divination

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It is?

Text in question....

Acts 1:v23-26
So they proposed two men: Joseph called Barsabass (also known as Justus) and Matthias. 24:Then they prayed, "Lord,you know everyone's heart. Show us which of these two men you have chosen 25: to take over this apostolic ministry, which Judas left to go where he belongs." 26:Then they cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias; so he was added to the eleven apostles.

This was BEFORE the Holy Spirit. Now that he has come, there is no need for lots as it would now boarder on divination

I believe that Bob's article on casting lots addresses your point.

https://kgov.com/casting-lots-in-the-Bible

drbrumley

I believe that Bob's article on casting lots addresses your point.

https://kgov.com/casting-lots-in-the-Bible

JR, I was reading Enyart before you ever came on the scene so spare me the Bob addressed this stuff. I am not talking to Bob. I am talking to you. I have read almost everything Enyart has put out for public consumption. Including that. Sure, casting lots could be used for good or evil. But that in no way addresses what I said.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
"get off my lawn ya darned kid!"

angry-grumpy-old-man-shaking-his-fist-at-the-world-AKMH7E.jpg

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
JR, I was reading Enyart before you ever came on the scene so spare me the Bob addressed this stuff. I am not talking to Bob. I am talking to you. I have read almost everything Enyart has put out for public consumption. Including that. Sure, casting lots could be used for good or evil. But that in no way addresses what I said.

No need to get snarky.

I gave you the link because he addressed your concern in the "exercise humility" section.

Casting Lots Shows Humility before God and Man: "The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord." Prov. 16:33 Some might assume that this passage provides a mechanism to guarantee supernatural information. However, hermeneutically, by looking at the immediate and the wider context, that assumption does not hold up. The immediate context has nothing to do with special revelation but it is about one's heart attitude, for the preceding verse is about anger and the following one is about strife. And book-wide, Proverbs does not deal with supernatural manifestations but with topics like self-control, understanding, judgment, wisdom, and equity.

Thus, as to which brother inherits their father's car, or their father's truck, if God were to come down and arbitrate, His answer would be that He doesn't care which man gets which, but he cares about the condition of each man's heart. For a man who's father had died went to Jesus and asked a question about inheritance, but he would have received the same answer if he had merely cast lots:

“Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.” He said to him, “Man, who made Me a judge or an arbitrator over you?” And He said to them, “Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses.” Luke 12:13-15​

The man could have gotten this answer from the Lord, or he could have arrived at the exact same result if he were willing to cast lots, for God cares more about the attitude of your heart than whether you or your brother inherits your father's car or his truck.