Should the government take away my children if I deliberately involve them in ...

fool

Hall of Fame
Yes, but consider the kind of family life Obama has, compared to the sort that Trump has lived. That kind of thing means more to someone who has been faithful to his wife, and who cares about his children.

It's easier to be flippant about it if you don't know what kinds of things those people are fleeing, I suppose.

Asylee is the proper word for the person seeking Asylum.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
How did he not run afoul of the law that says you can only keep the minors for 20 days?

They didn't prosecute first-time border crossers, for starters. Trump's zero-tolerance policy was the game-changer. There's more. But I would imagine anyone interested in comparing the reality of what Obama's administration did with what Trump's administration is doing would see clear differences. There is no "continuation" of an Obama policy that looks anything like Trump's.

Asylee -A person who is seeking or has been granted asylum.

My apologies for not recognizing the word, I don't recall seeing it before, or in any of the commentary I've read. Knowing how supportive you've been of the Trump administration, your characterization of concern as being "freaked out" left me doubting your intent.

fool

Hall of Fame
They didn't prosecute first-time border crossers, for starters. Trump's zero-tolerance policy was the game-changer. There's more. But I would imagine anyone interested in comparing the reality of what Obama's administration did with what Trump's administration is doing would see clear differences. There is no "continuation" of an Obama policy that looks anything like Trump's.
So Obama wasent enforcing the law and now Trump is.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
So Obama wasent enforcing the law and now Trump is.

No. Trump changed policy from what it was before.

Previously, a first time crossing was a misdemeanor. They were given a court date and released. The families stayed together unless the parent was a danger to the child or had been charged with a felony - these separations were the exception, not the rule. It wasn't admin. policy to separate children from their parents.

Trump's policy changed that, holding for prosecution even first time crossers and asylum seekers who didn't use the approved crossing, which meant they had to separate charged parents from children. The policy was intentional, meant to scare off potential border crossers.

I don't believe for a minute you don't understand this already.

Kit the Coyote

So,everyone freaked out that Trump was keeping the Asylee adults until their court date and sending the kids to social services after 20 days like he had to.
Now hes going to keep the whole family together in detention.
Is that about right?
Whereas Obama did what different?

The Obama Administration dealt with the problem by creating a supervised release program. Families were given a trial date to start the process and assigned a caseworker. They were then released till then.

The caseworker kept in contact with them, so their location and situation was known and ensured they showed up for the asylum processing sessions. Being in an unsettled state, they may have made use of social services but the cost of that was trivial compared to the cost of keeping them in holding facility for a year.

The program was massively successful with well over 90% of families on it appearing for their court dates and subsequent processing. The Trump Administration called it "catch and release" and ended the program first thing.

fool

Hall of Fame
No. Trump changed policy from what it was before.

Previously, a first time crossing was a misdemeanor. They were given a court date and released. The families stayed together unless the parent was a danger to the child or had been charged with a felony - these separations were the exception, not the rule. It wasn't admin. policy to separate children from their parents.

Trump's policy changed that, holding for prosecution even first time crossers and asylum seekers who didn't use the approved crossing, which meant they had to separate charged parents from children. The policy was intentional, meant to scare off potential border crossers.
You mean potential illegal border crossers.
I don't believe for a minute you don't understand this already.
I dont believe for a minute that you dont understand that Trump is enforcing the law.

everready

I think it's revealing that nobody - absolutely nobody - on the left or the right - mainstream media, political figures, etc - is talking about the parents of the kids

why?

because they don't have the same emotional impact

and all they're interested in doing is using the emotional impact of the children to bash trump

Exactly!

“The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation.”

~Adolf Hitler

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Exactly!

“The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation.”

~Adolf Hitler

Exactly? Or not exactly?

Did Hitler Really Say People Will ‘Endure Almost Any Curtailment of Liberty’ if it’s ‘Perceived as Working for the Benefit of the Children’?

A reputed quote by Adolph Hitler has been trending on social media. The Fuhrer supposedly wrote the following in Mein Kampf: “The State must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and any deprivation.”

I was asked to verify whether the quote is true. To do this, I called up a PDF version of Mein Kampf “Auf Deutsch,” pressed “control F” and typed in “Kind,” the German word for child.

The word “Kind” appears 95 times in Mein Kampf. Adolph Hitler clearly has a great interest in policies which encourage Germans to have children. On page 48, for example, he castigates the political bourgeoisie for rejecting child-friendly Social Democratic measures such as maternity leave or prohibition on child labor.

The first sentence of the alleged quote can be found on page 446, as part of a chapter entitled “The State”.

Er hat das Kind zum kostbarsten Gut eines Volkes zu erklaeren.” (“The State must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people.”)

That sentence is clearly present in the text.

But the second sentence in the so-called English translation is a fabrication. This is the sentence which follows in German: “Er muss dafuer sorgen, dass nur, wer gesund ist, Kinder zeugt.” (“The state must insure that only those who are healthy have children.”

In the paragraph which follows on page 446 and 447, Hitler asserts that the state must ensure that those who are sick or weak should not reproduce. At the same time, the state must do everything to see that “blessing of children does not become a curse.”

He argues that the state must provide financial incentives for Germans to have large families: “Seine Sorge gehoert mehr dem Kinde als dem Erwachsenen.” (The State is “the most important patron of this precious blessing of a people. Its concern should be focused more on the child than on the grown up.”)

The second half of the alleged quote—“As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and any deprivation”—cannot be found in the text of Mein Kampf.

As for "nobody - absolutely nobody - on the left or the right - mainstream media, political figures, etc - is talking about the parents of the kids..." That's simply not true. So "Exactly!" doesn't work there either.

Kit the Coyote

Hitler believed that the primary job of Aryan women was to be healthy strong breeders for more Aryan children. Thus the Nazis strongly promoted families and childbearing among the 'right' kind. While also engaging in sterilization and extermination among the 'wrong' kind. That is why the second part of the alleged quote is wrong and even unnecessary, he believed the first part was truth period, provided you used his definition of people, not a ploy to achieve the second part.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I think it's revealing that nobody - absolutely nobody - on the left or the right - mainstream media, political figures, etc - is talking about the parents of the kids

why?

because they don't have the same emotional impact

and all they're interested in doing is using the emotional impact of the children to bash trump

Why is easy. Some creepy psychologists wanted to take over child psychology and started this sissy spoiling no :Clete:

Children need from a very early age a good spanking so they learn life has painful consequence for doing some thing adults believe wrong.

Slowly,over time, parents have come to embrace their children remaining children into mid-adulthood. Living with mild mannered parents does not promote wanting to became adults. The studies are in now for all to see, children do not care near as much about being adults as say children coming to age in 1965. In those days, boys wanted their own cars, they wanted to learn about sex and how to get a job and be a grown-up; in a way, they wanted adulthood to much.

Now today, teenagers do not care about achieving adulthood, they have sex much later, and this all can be found in studies on Google, and they do not want to have their own place to live, in fact sole wish to continue to live with parents until hey are in their 30s!

They are less concerned about being grown up more than at any previous time in modern American history. They don't have problems with homos because they are not sure about sex themselves, and they lost the art of being male, and now are called metro sexual, which is more queer than men were back in 1965 graduating high school.

everready

Exactly? Or not exactly?

Did Hitler Really Say People Will ‘Endure Almost Any Curtailment of Liberty’ if it’s ‘Perceived as Working for the Benefit of the Children’?

[FONT=&]A reputed quote by Adolph Hitler has been trending on social media. The Fuhrer supposedly wrote the following in [/FONT]Mein Kampf[FONT=&]: “The State must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and any deprivation.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]I was asked to verify whether the quote is true. To do this, I called up a PDF version of Mein Kampf “Auf Deutsch,” pressed “control F” and typed in “Kind,” the German word for child.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
The word “Kind” appears 95 times in Mein Kampf. Adolph Hitler clearly has a great interest in policies which encourage Germans to have children. On page 48, for example, he castigates the political bourgeoisie for rejecting child-friendly Social Democratic measures such as maternity leave or prohibition on child labor.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
The first sentence of the alleged quote can be found on page 446, as part of a chapter entitled “The State”.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
Er hat das Kind zum kostbarsten Gut eines Volkes zu erklaeren.” (“The State must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people.”)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
That sentence is clearly present in the text.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
But the second sentence in the so-called English translation is a fabrication. This is the sentence which follows in German: “Er muss dafuer sorgen, dass nur, wer gesund ist, Kinder zeugt.” (“The state must insure that only those who are healthy have children.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
In the paragraph which follows on page 446 and 447, Hitler asserts that the state must ensure that those who are sick or weak should not reproduce. At the same time, the state must do everything to see that “blessing of children does not become a curse.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
He argues that the state must provide financial incentives for Germans to have large families: “Seine Sorge gehoert mehr dem Kinde als dem Erwachsenen.” (The State is “the most important patron of this precious blessing of a people. Its concern should be focused more on the child than on the grown up.”)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
The second half of the alleged quote—“As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and any deprivation”—cannot be found in the text of Mein Kampf.
[/FONT]

As for "nobody - absolutely nobody - on the left or the right - mainstream media, political figures, etc - is talking about the parents of the kids..." That's simply not true. So "Exactly!" doesn't work there either.

i posted that because of what i see in today's media..i see it being used over and over again, can't you?

everready