Every day is a new circus.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Attempted a coup? That's crazy talk perpetrated by the fever swamp of alt-right news.

Can you think of a previous instance where a sitting president ordered the investigation of the candidate of the opposition party, by the intelligence agencies under his command?

I can think of one, only. And it ended up getting him (the sitting president) impeached

ok doser

I, for one, appreciate the recent changes that have been implemented. Quality over quantity. I think the changes may encourage long time members who have been away for a bit to return.

Brilliant posters with keen intellects such as zoo, granite, barbie?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Can you think of a previous instance where a sitting president ordered the investigation of the candidate of the opposition party, by the intelligence agencies under his command?

I can think of one, only. And it ended up getting him (the sitting president) impeached

Trump’s Demands for Investigations of Opponents Draw Intensifying Criticism

President Trump’s escalating demands for investigations into his political opponents have intensified debate over whether his often-transparent calls for action by the Justice Department amount to abusing his power to bolster his re-election prospects.

Mr. Trump called in an interview aired on Sunday for an investigation into business deals in China by Hunter Biden, the son of former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr., the Democratic candidate Mr. Trump’s advisers believe could pose the biggest threat to him in 2020.

In recent weeks, Mr. Trump has called for inquiries into the Bidens relating to the younger Mr. Biden’s business in Ukraine, an effort amplified by Rudolph W. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer.​

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I, for one, appreciate the recent changes that have been implemented. Quality over quantity. I think the changes may encourage long time members who have been away for a bit to return.
I have to admit, I'm warming to them. I'd rather have the occasional overreach in terms of preserving the peace and a feeling that trolls will be on short leashes to the frustration of having to light a hand on the reigns and having to deal with the nonsense that sort of posting largely generates.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have to admit, I'm warming to them. I'd rather have the occasional overreach in terms of preserving the peace and a feeling that trolls will be on short leashes to the frustration of having to light a hand on the reigns and having to deal with the nonsense that sort of posting largely generates.

Exactly. My preference is. to participate in discussions that are not littered with name calling, bickering and intentional misrepresentation.

ok doser

... the Democratic candidate Mr. Trump’s advisers believe could pose the biggest threat to him in 2020.

i find this doubtful - got anything to support it?

biden would be 78 at his swearing in in 2021 - i seriously doubt he'd energize the democratic base

AOC would stand a better chance

ok doser

Trump’s Demands for Investigations of Opponents Draw Intensifying Criticism

President Trump’s escalating demands for investigations into his political opponents have intensified debate over whether his often-transparent calls for action by the Justice Department amount to abusing his power to bolster his re-election prospects.

Mr. Trump called in an interview aired on Sunday for an investigation into business deals in China by Hunter Biden, the son of former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr., the Democratic candidate Mr. Trump’s advisers believe could pose the biggest threat to him in 2020.

In recent weeks, Mr. Trump has called for inquiries into the Bidens relating to the younger Mr. Biden’s business in Ukraine, an effort amplified by Rudolph W. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer.​

as for the possibility of illegal activities by the younger Biden, you're not even the least bit curious?

or is this just a characteristic of the swamp you're comfortable with, as long as it's done by the democrats?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

With all due respect and affection to my friends, I've got maybe a bit more Hatfield and McCoy blood in my veins than you do. :eek: There's a fine line between sparring and aggressive or passive aggressive - and between observation of a poster's behavior and ripping them to shreds. I'd like to hope I walk on the civil side more often than not, but there are times when I'm more than willing to give as good as I get.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
With all due respect and affection to my friends, I've got maybe a bit more Hatfield and McCoy blood in my veins than you do. :eek: There's a fine line between sparring and aggressive or passive aggressive - and between observation of a poster's behavior and ripping them to shreds. I'd like to hope I walk on the civil side more often than not, but there are times when I'm more than willing to give as good as I get.
Reported. :plain: :eek:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
kickedoutsmile.gif

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
i find this doubtful - got anything to support it?

Doubtful that Trump's doing exactly what you'd said here?

biden would be 78 at his swearing in in 2021 - i seriously doubt he'd energize the democratic base

AOC would stand a better chance

AOC isn't running. Biden's polling consistently ahead of everyone else in the field.

ok doser

no, the part i responded to - that his advisers see biden as their greatest challenge in the upcoming election

AOC isn't running.

yes, i know - she can't, she's not old enough

regardless, if she did run, i believe she'd generate more excitement in the base than the really old white guy

Biden's polling consistently ahead of everyone else in the field.

meh, it's still way early

was bammy even a blip on the radar at this point in 2007?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

AOC isn't running. Biden's polling consistently ahead of everyone else in the field.

As far as I am concerned, Biden, or any other Dem, have my vote and the vote of my close family members.

ok doser

[MENTION=10029]annabenedetti[/MENTION]
as for the possibility of illegal activities by the younger Biden, you're not even the least bit curious?

or is this just a characteristic of the swamp you're comfortable with, as long as it's done by the democrats?