"Locker Room Talk"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
    It's disgusting to hear a professed Christian equating premarital sex with adultery and sexual assault.

Disgusting and disturbing.
    Not altogether surprising though either...

Comment

• Originally posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
      I will refrain from making any future comments on this thread, as I attested to, earlier. I won't be mentioning you again on that thread. However, feel free to read my posts on that particular thread.
      Well, up to you because you're not unwelcome to post in it. Thank you in regards to the latter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
        You're an atheist now?

He's not a real atheist; he just plays one on TOL.
        This message is hidden because ...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
          He's not a real atheist; he just plays one on TOL.
          'Plays one'? Who? And for Musty's sake it better not be at chess...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tambora View Post
            And ya'll are still fools to think that anyone looks to Trump as their poster boy for morality.
            Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
            The religious right seems to just love him. So yes, they certainly do.
            No, they don't. But they've fooled themselves into thinking they can get what they want out of him and not be tarnished by him in the process. They've come to a point of desperation that has lead them to the ends justifying the means, ignoring that this is the opposite of faith.

There are also a large number of religious people comforting themselves with the lie that all Trump's big immoralities are in the past, that he is a changed man who has come to the faith, and that current indiscretions are just the missteps of a new believer not yet walking in the fullness of his new life.

But no member of the religious right I can find sees him as a poster boy for morality.

There's a lot of cognitive dissonance in all of this, but most seem to be determined to hold on white knuckled and screaming all the way to the apocalypse.
            Maranatha!

Comment

• Aw. Davey cwy.
              "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
              Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
              By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidK View Post
                No, they don't. But they've fooled themselves into thinking they can get what they want out of him and not be tarnished by him in the process. They've come to a point of desperation that has lead them to the ends justifying the means, ignoring that this is the opposite of faith.

There are also a large number of religious people comforting themselves with the lie that all Trump's big immoralities are in the past, that he is a changed man who has come to the faith, and that current indiscretions are just the missteps of a new believer not yet walking in the fullness of his new life.

But no member of the religious right I can find sees him as a poster boy for morality.

There's a lot of cognitive dissonance in all of this, but most seem to be determined to hold on white knuckled and screaming all the way to the apocalypse.
                A lot of evangelical Christians think otherwise. But I'm sure there are some out there who realize that they're compromising their faith to support someone who has spit on everything they hold sacred.
                This message is hidden because ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
                  Is this seriously the type of thing that gets given a pass among conservatives these days? Or is it, as most sane people consider it to be - sexual assault and boasting about it?

Anyone's free to weigh in without any running to moderators on my part although I would ask that if GM feels so inclined, that he responds with something more substantive than "Hi"...
                  I'm waiting for "The Donald" to ensure "Stormy Daniels'" silence by quietly promising her with a political appointment - afterall, she's no less qualified than most of most of his other appointments!

Comment

Working...
                  X