"Locker Room Talk"?

Arthur Brain

Is this seriously the type of thing that gets given a pass among conservatives these days? Or is it, as most sane people consider it to be - sexual assault and boasting about it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_Access_Hollywood_tape

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_sexual_misconduct_allegations

Anyone's free to weigh in without any running to moderators on my part although I would ask that if GM feels so inclined, that he responds with something more substantive than "Hi"...

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Is this seriously the type of thing that gets given a pass among conservatives these days? Or is it, as most sane people consider it to be - sexual assault and boasting about it?

There are still conservatives who are appalled at what the right has become. But they're outnumbered by the guys on the right who think sexual assault is acceptable behavior.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is this seriously the type of thing that gets given a pass among conservatives these days?.

That does seem to be the case ... the new GOP/Conservative/Trump Party can no longer claim to stand for *family values*. Though, it does make one wonder if they were just paying lip service for the last few decades.

Arthur Brain

There are still conservatives who are appalled at what the right has become. But they're outnumbered by the guys on the right who think sexual assault is acceptable behavior.

Or alternatively try to downplay it as something other than sexual assault or as some clowns insist, that Trump was being "general" in his remarks. Obviously not the case.

That does seem to be the case ... the new GOP/Conservative/Trump Party can no longer claim to stand for *family values*. Though, it does make one wonder if they were just paying lip service for the last few decades.

:think:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
None of those men seemed to be offended by what was being said.
In fact, they seemed to encourage it.

And that lady in the video didn't appear to be offended by Trump at all.

And it is certainly no secret that some women do LET men do that to them.

And ya'll are still fools to think that anyone looks to Trump as their poster boy for morality.
He's been an unfaithful husband, like many many Presidents before him.
I haven't heard anyone say that is a good thing to do by any President we have ever had.
Have you?

Arthur Brain

None of those men seemed to be offended by what was being said.
In fact, they seemed to encourage it.

That makes bragging about sexual assault something to be okay about? Unlike Trump, Billy Bush paid a big price for those remarks and however sincere it was, at least he admitted it was his voice on the tape and apologized for the comments.

And that lady in the video didn't appear to be offended by Trump at all.

What, you mean the woman that Trump and Bush were getting off the coach to meet, who would have had no idea about what had just been said about her in such a sleazy manner?

And it is certainly no secret that some women do LET men do that to them.

Irrelevant, that doesn't excuse bragging about groping women in any way whatsoever.

And ya'll are still fools to think that anyone looks to Trump as their poster boy for morality.
I haven't heard anyone say that is a good thing to do by any President we have ever had.
Have you?

No, but then most don't brag about being able to sexually assault women and have multiple assault charges made against them either.

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
N

The religious right seems to just love him. So yes, they certainly do.

Does anyone really wonder what Tambora would have said, if Obama had turned out to be a sleazeball like Trump?

Can you imagine the shrieks of indignation and condemnation from the religious right?

Arthur Brain

The religious right seems to just love him. So yes, they certainly do.

Does anyone really wonder what Tambora would have said, if Obama had turned out to be a sleazeball like Trump?

Can you imagine the shrieks of indignation and condemnation from the religious right?

Apart from some feeble, unfounded mumbling about Obama possibly being gay, it's one thing far right zealots couldn't attack him on. You're absolutely right though. If Obama had been caught saying the same or similar to Trump or had multiple allegations of sexual assault they'd have been all over it and then some.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm all for locking up adulterers and their partners in crime, and throwing away the key, at the very least.
ALL of them, not cherry-picked ones.

Arthur Brain

I'm all for locking up adulterers and their partners in crime, and throwing away the key, at the very least.

So, you're all for locking up people for adultery but not sexual assault? By your logic Trump should have been behind bars years ago before any assault allegations even came up and before he had a chance to be president...

:AMR:

Arthur Brain

So why are you lauding a guy who by your very own admission should have been locked up permanently some years ago?

:liberals:

Arthur Brain

That is not at all what I said.
What a fruitless waste of time.

In regards to adultery it certainly is as you've just said in your words. So, why did you vote for a guy who by your own admission shouldn't have even been able to run for office?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Obama shacked up with a woman he was not married to.
Plus sexual relations with other women he was not married to.
They should be locked up for sexual misconduct.
If you want this country to get serious about sexual misconduct, then let's get serious and stop beating around the bush.

If you don't demand it within your own community, don't demand it from the White House community.

glorydaz

Anyone's free to weigh in without any running to moderators on my part although I would ask that if GM feels so inclined, that he responds with something more substantive than "Hi"...

If you were popular, Artie, maybe someone would have you on tape saying something inappropriate, and then we could all watch some new news.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In regards to adultery it certainly is as you've just said in your words.
No it is not, you buffoon.
I was specifying adultery.
I DID NOT SAY sexual assault was OK just because I specified adultery.

So, why did you vote for a guy who by your own admission shouldn't have even been able to run for office?
For the same reason all other Presidents that were adulterers or whoremongers were voted in ..... for politics, not their sexual morality.

Arthur Brain

No it is not, you buffoon.
I was specifying adultery.
I DID NOT SAY sexual assault was OK just because I specified adultery.

You're vicariously condoning it by not condemning Trump's own admissions about being able to grope women by the genitals, and it's not like he asks them for permission beforehand given his putrid comments. Sure, you specified adultery and by your standards he should have been in jail a long time ago until he dies apparently. You're the one who focused in on that as oppose to sexual assault and it's your prerogative to think such a penalty should be given although it puts you in an awkward position to say the least.

For the same reason all other Presidents that were adulterers or whoremongers were voted in ..... for politics, not their sexual morality.

Oh, so if they're the "right" person for the job then they shouldn't actually be in jail for lifetime for adultery but able to hold office?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you were popular, Artie, maybe someone would have you on tape saying something inappropriate, and then we could all watch some new news.
Oh man, I remember Jagger talking about his fame one time on a talk show.
He was going on about how fans thought everything he did was cool, and how the women just flocked around him throwing themselves at him.
He said people's thought patterns change with celebrities.
He stood up and said "Just look at me. I'm not a handsome guy by any stretch of the imagination. If I was some taxi driver, no one would give me the time of day".

:D

Arthur Brain

Same could be said of yourself GD. What Trump admitted to and bragging about was nothing short of sexual assault and to just write it off as 'inappropriate' is...well, it's pathetic.