London: 20% spike in rapes, police "don't understand" what could POSSIBLY be cause

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
While the data indicate that women are a lot more likely to report a rape in the last few years in England, there's something else that seems to be driving the numbers:

If anything, technology has made the whole thing easier. Earlier this year, a man called Jason Lawrance was jailed for life for raping five women and attacking two others he met on the dating site Match.com. Lawrance, who was 50 and married, was a serial rapist who preyed on women who were divorced or widowed.

His is an extreme case, but the internet makes it easy for rapists to invent attractive biographies for themselves and gain the trust of potential victims. Earlier this year, the National Crime Agency revealed that the number of people reporting a rape with someone they met via a dating website had risen sixfold in five years, albeit from a low base.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/oct/13/more-sexual-violence-reports-rape-victims

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Let me guess: Is Barbara Aryan giving the Muslims a free pass? Trump he attacks but not the Muslims. Am I right? I can't see his post.

Arthur Brain

While the data indicate that women are a lot more likely to report a rape in the last few years in England, there's something else that seems to be driving the numbers:

If anything, technology has made the whole thing easier. Earlier this year, a man called Jason Lawrance was jailed for life for raping five women and attacking two others he met on the dating site Match.com. Lawrance, who was 50 and married, was a serial rapist who preyed on women who were divorced or widowed.

His is an extreme case, but the internet makes it easy for rapists to invent attractive biographies for themselves and gain the trust of potential victims. Earlier this year, the National Crime Agency revealed that the number of people reporting a rape with someone they met via a dating website had risen sixfold in five years, albeit from a low base.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/oct/13/more-sexual-violence-reports-rape-victims

Not 'Mohammedan' enough...

:nono:

musterion

I wonder if the British police are also confused about the recent spike in acid thrown in women's faces from the back of motorcycles.

Of course only a racist bigot would deny that acid thrown in women's faces from minibikes has long been a time-honored British tradition, which Dickens wrote of wistfully, but there has been a recent spike.

Why?

Such an insoluble mystery. If only there was some common factor to serve as a clue.

Perhaps even just one word, like one that rhymed with Fakistan.

Alas, no such clue. It is such an insoluble puzzle, it would send Holmes on a week long coke binge and make Columbo's glass eye fall out from stress.

Last edited:

musterion

I wonder if the British police are also confused about the recent spike in acid thrown in women's faces from the back of motorcycles.

Of course only a racist bigot would deny that acid thrown in women's faces from minibikes has long been a time-honored British tradition, which Dickens wrote of wistfully, but there has been a recent spike.

Why?

Such an insoluble mystery. If only there was some common factor to serve as a clue.

Perhaps even just one word, like one that rhymed with Fakistan.

Alas, no such clue. It is such an insoluble puzzle, it would send Holmes on a week long coke binge and make Columbo's glass eye fall out from stress.

Odd that these things are spiking now, as a population of largely unasimilable foreigners are flooding into the U.K. and all of Europe.

Coincidence, surely.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The rape story has mutated again. Lacking any evidence to support the first one, Musty has switched to acid-tossing. However, the numbers don't support his beliefs there, either:

Everything you know about acid attacks is wrong
There is a common understanding of acid attacks in the UK that goes something like this: the attacker is male; the victim female. Both are South Asian, and the violence has something to do with the man’s so-called ‘honour'.

But the most comprehensive set of data yet on acid attacks in London paints a different picture.

Statistics released by London’s Metropolitan Police to the BBC provide a breakdown of every recorded acid attack over a 15-year period by age, gender, ethnicity, borough, hate crime and outcome. It’s the fullest picture yet of the capital’s suspects and victims.

The findings include:

The suspect was male 74% of the time and victim was male 67% of the time
Just 6% of suspects were Asian
Only one so-called ‘honour’ attack was recorded in 15 years
Four out of five violent offences never reached trial

The figures appear to contradict a belief that a relative majority of acid attacks involve the South Asian diaspora.

“Definitely not,” said Detective Superintendent Mike West, the Metropolitan police lead on acid attacks, who has reviewed the figures. “That does not ring true. It’s very mixed from various religions, backgrounds, different victims, different offenders.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/5d38c003-c54a-4513-a369-f9eae0d52f91

And yes, the next story will be "The (police, statisticians, whatever) are lying! I know I'm right!"

Reason and evidence will never sway people like that.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
And Musty's story switches yet again...

The "rapist epididemic" story falls apart...

The "acid-tossing Paki" story implodes...

The "Jimmy Seville" (actually Savile) story sticks. Yep, there was one guy who secretly sexually abused minors, while maintaining a respectable facade.

Kind of a British Roy Moore.

And the OP has really come apart now... :chuckle:

lovemeorhateme

Correlation does not imply causation. Just because there has been an increase in the Muslim population, and at the same time a rise in the number of rapes or acid attacks, this does not necessarily imply that Muslims are responsible. The number of Poles and other Eastern Europeans in the U.K. has risen exponentially during that same period. So using the logic of the OP, we could just as easily blame them.

It can be argued that immigration has caused problems in the U.K. for a number of reasons, without being dishonest about it.

musterion

Correlation does not imply causation. Just because there has been an increase in the Muslim population, and at the same time a rise in the number of rapes or acid attacks, this does not necessarily imply that Muslims are responsible. The number of Poles and other Eastern Europeans in the U.K. has risen exponentially during that same period. So using the logic of the OP, we could just as easily blame them.

It can be argued that immigration has caused problems in the U.K. for a number of reasons, without being dishonest about it.

Dishonest?

I have never once read of frequent acid attacks in Poland or the ex-Soviet Bloc. None ever, that I can recall.

On the other hand, I have read many reports of frequent acid attacks in Pakistan.

We now hear of such attacks happening in England, which has imported many Pakistanis over the decades.

:think:

And I'm being dishonest?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Dishonest?

I'm being dishonest?

I'm inclined to think that you actually believe the stuff you pass on here. As you see, the "rapist" story comes unglued, and the "Paki acid tosser" story fell part. But I'm guessing you just uncritically accepted the story they fed you, without bothering to check if they were lying or not.

So I did it for you.

Last edited: