What if climate change is real and human caused--what should Christians do about it?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who is saying the seasons are ceasing?
In a climate debate, who would accept the declaration that the seasons will not cease in response to global warming hype?

Nevertheless, for those of us who relish nature's changing of the guard, the disappearance of autumn would be devastating. The only upside might be the associated disappearance of those annoying leaf blowers. As far as science is concerned, the question is no longer if global warming will affect autumn, but how.

Seasons already vary widely around the world due to the different angles of the Earth relative to the sun. The theories of how global warming will impact future weather patterns and climate are just as varied. Some research suggests the Amazon rainforest could become a desert within the century, while other models forecast an impending ice age.​

Could Climate Change Mean the End of the Seasons?

And are you saying that climate change/global warming is just the lead-up to the world being destroyed by fire?
:darwinsm:

No. Global warming hype is a great big yawn.

The world will be destroyed in fire. Physics.

Derf

In a climate debate, who would accept the declaration that the seasons will not cease in response to global warming hype?

Nevertheless, for those of us who relish nature's changing of the guard, the disappearance of autumn would be devastating. The only upside might be the associated disappearance of those annoying leaf blowers. As far as science is concerned, the question is no longer if global warming will affect autumn, but how.

Seasons already vary widely around the world due to the different angles of the Earth relative to the sun. The theories of how global warming will impact future weather patterns and climate are just as varied. Some research suggests the Amazon rainforest could become a desert within the century, while other models forecast an impending ice age.​

Could Climate Change Mean the End of the Seasons?

:darwinsm:

No. Global warming hype is a great big yawn.

The world will be destroyed in fire. Physics.

Your reference speaks against you. "As climate change causes winters to warm, the world becomes more and more like a tropical paradise, possibly meaning the end of the seasons as we know them." How can the world become like something we already know about, if the world doesn't already have such places.

And this from a man living where it is 71 degrees on 23 January. I guess the Lord has already broken His covenant...

Is it a problem for the more northern and southern latitudes to enjoy what you already have?

Last edited:

way 2 go

@way 2 go, it is interesting that you don't present the global temperatures graph, but the US graph only, in a thread about global warming. Here is the unedited image for the uncorrected data:
fig1x.gif

true vs fake

1998changesannotated.gif

Not that you have made any attempt to show that the 'corrections' were a conspiracy rather than actual corrections. Why is that? Don't your think that actually understanding the instruments and the nuances of the days is important?

" NOAA scientists upwardly adjusted temperature readings taken from the engine intakes of ships to eliminate the “hiatus” in global warming from the temperature record.

If we subtract the [old] data from the [new] data… we can see that that is exactly what NOAA did…
It’s the same story all over again; the adjustments go towards cooling the past and thus increasing the slope of temperature rise. Their intent and methods are so obvious they’re laughable. "

way 2 go

I liked his question of:
what is the optimal temperature ?

similar to mine of :
how will they gauge a successful fight against the climate?

also
4373cfe4-09c3-403c-bc5e-dcf550e635d0.png

Greg Jennings

I liked his question of:
what is the optimal temperature ?

similar to mine of :
how will they gauge a successful fight against the climate?

also
4373cfe4-09c3-403c-bc5e-dcf550e635d0.png

Success is slowing rising temperatures before it causes coastlines to be lost due to rapidly rising seas. Some whole island chains will be underwater. We can't stop it, but we can slow it down so that it moves at a manageable pace in regards to refugees losing their coastal places to live

gcthomas

[MENTION=4345]genuineoriginal[/MENTION], [MENTION=2801]way 2 go[/MENTION],

Do you trust this man's pronouncements on climate change? Why? (I have specific reasons not to, but I'm interested in your reasoning.)

gcthomas

Nothing good, that is for sure.

So you're decided it is a conspiracy between the scientists of all the main scientific bodies of the world, but you have no idea what might be driving such an all emcompassing effort?

And that lack of motive hasn't given you pause to think that perhaps your objections to their findings might be driven by something other than a desire for truth? Politics, perhaps, or a religioius objection?

genuineoriginal

So you're decided it is a conspiracy between the scientists of all the main scientific bodies of the world, but you have no idea what might be driving such an all emcompassing effort?
There is a small cabal of scientists that are driving the global warming hoax.
The rest of the ones you are attempting to smear with your broad brush have chosen to remain ignorant of the facts of the hoax.

The cabal driving the global warming hoax are doing it for no good reason, but they definitely have an evil reason that they have revealed https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/climate-change-scare-tool-to-destroy-capitalism/.
executive secretary of U.N.'s Framework Convention on Climate Change, admitted that the goal of environmental activists is not to save the world from ecological calamity but to destroy capitalism.​

And that lack of motive hasn't given you pause to think that perhaps your objections to their findings might be driven by something other than a desire for truth? Politics, perhaps, or a religioius objection?
Maybe you should take a pause in your blind worship of the IPCC?

gcthomas

There is a small cabal of scientists that are driving the global warming hoax.
The rest of the ones you are attempting to smear with your broad brush have chosen to remain ignorant of the facts of the hoax.

The cabal driving the global warming hoax are doing it for no good reason, but they definitely have an evil reason that they have revealed https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/climate-change-scare-tool-to-destroy-capitalism/.
executive secretary of U.N.'s Framework Convention on Climate Change, admitted that the goal of environmental activists is not to save the world from ecological calamity but to destroy capitalism.​

Scientists that are not part of the IPCC are working in many thoroughly independent and international groups. There is no command and control system for scientists, so how is the hoax being perpetuated?

Also, activists doens't mean scientists. They have very little overlap, so the comment you have found is irelevent, especially since even the activists are trying to create a better world. You may think they are misguided, but you can't honestly call their aapiration evil. That's just silly.

Maybe you should take a pause in your blind worship of the IPCC?

I don't pay attention to the IPCC. I am quite capable of interpreting the scientific papers directly and coming to my own conclusions, which is why I slowly changed from a sceptic to having an appreciation of the danger. The IPCC is largely for focussing the minds of politicians.

genuineoriginal

I don't pay attention to the IPCC. I am quite capable of interpreting the scientific papers directly and coming to my own conclusions, which is why I slowly changed from a sceptic to having an appreciation of the danger.
Here are some NASA scientists that no longer buy what the IPCC is selling:

Maybe you can slowly change back to being a skeptic on the issue.

gcthomas

Here are some NASA scientists that no longer buy what the IPCC is selling:

Maybe you can slowly change back to being a skeptic on the issue.

How do you know they are NASA scientists? They don't say who they are, and all the reports they have published have been unusually vague about who has written them.

The only name given is one retired NASA engineer. Not a scientist, not a climate or atmospheric scientist, not a researcher of any kind listed.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How do you know they are NASA scientists? They don't say who they are, and all the reports they have published have been unusually vague about who has written them.The only name given is one retired NASA engineer. Not a scientist, not a climate or atmospheric scientist, not a researcher of any kind listed.

The Darwinist's first port of call when presented with an idea: Who said it?

Forget engaging rationally with this bunch of muppets.

gcthomas

The Darwinist's first port of call when presented with an idea: Who said it?

Forget engaging rationally with this bunch of muppets.

You expect me to trust some document from an unattributed source? Do YOU act so mindlessly to do what you expect me to do? Numpty.