Who is really behind the modern fashion industry and what women "should" look like?

musterion

Who is really behind the modern fashion industry and what women "should" look like?

This woman pretty much nails it.

Absolutely none of them [referring to most classical artwork] look like Kate Moss. All of them look like the normal, average woman that Hookstead doesn't want to see in his magazines. Just admit already that your ideas of feminine beauty have been manipulated for decades by gay dudes who run fashion houses. Uncomfortable thought, isn't it? But how else do you explain that men used to find this attractive and desirable and now it's "fat"? Could it be that the gay kings of the fashion world remolded women into what they themselves find attractive, i.e. wide shoulders, small hips, long muscular arms — or in other words...young men?

https://pjmedia.com/parenting/2017/07/31/lets-talk-about-what-women-should-look-like-mmmmkay/

Arthur Brain

Nails what? Seriously, if you think your conceptions of beauty are at the whim of anybody else then that's just bizarre. Is anybody manipulating you when your head's turned by a woman you find attractive passing you on the street or in a bar or something?

Now feminine beauty has been 'manipulated by gay dudes'?

:doh:

glassjester

Read enough from your own OP. It's ridiculous. If you believe your notions of female beauty have been sculpted by gay men for decades then you have at it dude.

:freak:

Standards of beauty do change across time and culture. Do those standards affect or reflect the individuals' tastes? I would guess it's a little of both.

Arthur Brain

Standards of beauty do change across time and culture. Do those standards affect or reflect the individuals' tastes? I would guess it's a little of both.

And not everyone's ideal of beauty is the same although certain aspects such as facial symmetry, bone structure are often prominent. Not many people would say that Cindy Crawford was an ugly supermodel by way of. Were gay men behind some agenda to encourage people to find her attractive? Uh, no they weren't. That aspect of the OP here is flat out bonkers.

glassjester

Could it be that the gay kings of the fashion world remolded women into what they themselves find attractive, i.e. wide shoulders, small hips, long muscular arms — or in other words...young men?

That could make sense. Why wouldn't the guy running the show pick the models that he finds the most attractive? So if he's a homosexual - he's going to pick a boyish model, right?

But then... why is that accepted by the (presumably heterosexual) consumer?

Arthur Brain

That could make sense. Why wouldn't the guy running the show pick the models that he finds the most attractive? So if he's a homosexual - he's going to pick a boyish model, right?

But then... why is that accepted by the (presumably heterosexual) consumer?

It isn't. Seriously, think about this GJ. Female fashion and beauty models do not look like blokes. Have you seen the models used to advertise hair and beauty products? Do they look like 'boyish' models to you? Added to which there's plenty of male models in the industry...

This thread is a joke.

:doh:

musterion

Changing sexual standards could result, but a concerted effort on the part of the entire fashion industry would be a major conspiracy.

It doesn't have to be an organized, deliberate conspiracy, as when Leftists pretend there's no vote fraud or denying that many of them are paid agents of Soros or that Clinton isn't horribly ill. The homosexuals pursue their burning lusts and pervert the ways of the Lord. Always have, always will. These in particular are in very high places of worldwide influence, and sewage always flows downhill. The effect has been gradual and cumulative, but definite.

Even in the 1920s the general standard of attractive women (at least in the U.S.) was noticeably meatier than what you'll see on the covers at the checkout. Not fat, particularly, but simply with more body mass.

That began to change in the 1930s. I've seen some hypothesize that the homosexual influence in the movie industry began to have an effect even back then (casting directors, producers, fashion stylists, etc). However it took place, it is beyond dispute that the perception of "the ideal woman" in media has gradually become more physically boylike to the point of androgyny. Lots of models now resemble adolescent boys with breasts, which is exactly why you now we're beginning to have actual trannies in drag on magazine covers. The message is: we're all interchangeable and so are our orifices.

I for one cannot believe that was a natural shift that just happened...women were influenced by increasingly thinner celebrities of various kinds. The tastes and perceptions didn't just change, they were changed.

musterion

And don't forget, as the article pointed out, a size 10 drop dead knockout with the biologically imperative hourglass IS USUALLY TOO FAT TO GET HIRED. But ask most men which woman looks more attractive: her or Kate Moss. You know which most would pick.

musterion

Memory is now ringing a bell from maybe 10-15 years ago of actual children tarted up in a very sexualized ad shoot. Can't remember who did it now and don't care to look but there was an outcry against it as very sick, which it was. They'll try it again.

Arthur Brain

Right, that's the part that doesn't make much sense.

None of it makes sense GJ. I follow photography and photographers a lot, including a lot of beauty photography, '500px' etc that I've posted some examples of on here. There's nothing 'boyish' about any of it and it's just another thread by Musty that holds no sort of water at all. I mean seriously, gay blokes have been manipulating straight men for decades for what they should find attractive in women?!

Let's just put the paranoid pipe down and get real here...

:dizzy:

Arthur Brain

It doesn't have to be an organized, deliberate conspiracy, as when Leftists pretend there's no vote fraud or denying that many of them are paid agents of Soros or that Clinton isn't horribly ill. The homosexuals pursue their burning lusts and pervert the ways of the Lord. Always have, always will. These in particular are in very high places of worldwide influence, and sewage always flows downhill. The effect has been gradual and cumulative, but definite.

Even in the 1920s the general standard of attractive women (at least in the U.S.) was noticeably meatier than what you'll see on the covers at the checkout. Not fat, particularly, but simply with more body mass.

That began to change in the 1930s. I've seen some hypothesize that the homosexual influence in the movie industry began to have an effect even back then (casting directors, producers, fashion stylists, etc). However it took place, it is beyond dispute that the perception of "the ideal woman" in media has gradually become more physically boylike to the point of androgyny. Lots of models now resemble adolescent boys with breasts, which is exactly why you now we're beginning to have actual trannies in drag on magazine covers. The message is: we're all interchangeable and so are our orifices.

I for one cannot believe that was a natural shift that just happened...women were influenced by increasingly thinner celebrities of various kinds. The tastes and perceptions didn't just change, they were changed.

Oh, honestly, it's a wonder you dare venture outside of your aluminium laden hut Musty. It is 'not beyond dispute' at all and this is just yet more alarmist rhetoric from an ill informed propaganda swallowing guy who thinks the UK will be forced under sharia law in ten years...

Get. A. Grip.