Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
If he doesn't start think of those who supported him on corporate and personal taxes, he will lose his less idealist base who are not interested in money matters and the economy. He never seems to me to be in-touch with the notion of global economics, which is the reality of the market.

Tonight, on the news, these two base theory was discussed, and it is correct, some of us want better economic conditions and don't care at all about in groups and out groups.

I would rather have Pence, someone who would go along with a better model to make better economic policy.

I love having a transparent, unfiltered President, it's very refreshing and endearing. He's a great guy and the left's worst nightmare :chuckle: :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I call anti Trump rhetoric, posts, cartoons, fake news, unwarranted criticism and hypocritical and dishonest accusations of Trump, hate.It's just another form of hate speech. I see jgarden fitting that pattern. Ask him if he hates Trump, I have and he's never denied it.
Maybe he doesn't take the question seriously. Or maybe he hates the guy. I don't think launching lampoons, satire and holding someone in contempt for how you perceive their actions is necessarily hateful. I pick at him all the time, but I don't hate him. A lot of the generalized stuff is a bit like beauty. Who decides if its unwarranted? Who decides fake? That sort of thing.

That's why I wondered if there was a particular post, like where he called or intimated the president was homosexual, or a thief, or a false Christian, a scumbag. That sort of thing. Something no one would say to another person if they weren't harboring a fairly dark emotional outlook. I can give you a laundry list of terms that I think we could both agree fit that bill...hey, wait, do you hate me, PJ?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Maybe he doesn't take the question seriously. Or maybe he hates the guy. I don't think launching lampoons, satire and holding someone in contempt for how you perceive their actions is necessarily hateful. I pick at him all the time, but I don't hate him. A lot of the generalized stuff is a bit like beauty. Who decides if its unwarranted? Who decides fake? That sort of thing.

That's why I wondered if there was a particular post, like where he called or intimated the president was homosexual, or a thief, or a false Christian, a scumbag. That sort of thing. Something no one would say to another person if they weren't harboring a fairly dark emotional outlook. I can give you a laundry list of terms that I think we could both agree fit that bill...hey, wait, do you hate me, PJ?
No, I don't hate you, as I've said, I exaggerate and use extreme words, like the left does to Trump and the right. The word hate is tossed about quite a bit by the left and the media pundits

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
No, I don't hate you, as I've said, I exaggerate and use extreme words, like the left does to Trump and the right. The word hate is tossed about quite a bit by the left and the media pundits
I was just talking to you about your assignation of the word to the other guy. But it's a good way to make the point that hyperbole can look a lot like hate without being that very thing. Sometimes it's just satire, or exaggeration for effect. Who knows? That's why I look for consistently emotionally laden words. You get someone in your face, following about using them you probably have someone with a strong emotional investment in you.

Most people don't really seem to fit that bill, to my mind.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would rather have Pence, someone who would go along with a better model to make better economic policy.

I would rather have Pence regardless of the fact that I don't care for him because he doesn't pose an immediate danger to the country. Mentally deranged/ill individuals such as Trump should NEVER have the nuclear codes.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I would rather have Pence regardless of the fact that I don't care for him because he doesn't pose an immediate danger to the country. Mentally deranged/ill individuals such as Trump should NEVER have the nuclear codes.

I see, in the media, much talk about Trump being dangerous, yet he, in Arizona, was speaking to his 'moronic' base, which loves his antics. I do not think he is dangerous in that way.

Here is the problem as I see it. When he does speak about his agenda, he talks about wall building and 'respect the flag, get out the immigrants and hateful media. He was not elected to represent a small, but vocal group of hooligans. He is not doing anything to get his 'agenda' passed into law. I think the Republican want to get down to business, but they always have to deal first with the latest Trump antics.

I would like to see him resign or impeached. As I see it, if he were secretly a Democrat space holding for the next Democratic chance to take over, then he would be doing a good job.

In reality, I presume Trump is far more an entertainer than a politician.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I see, in the media, much talk about Trump being dangerous, yet he, in Arizona, was speaking to his 'moronic' base, which loves his antics. I do not think he is dangerous in that way.

Here is the problem as I see it. When does speak about his agenda, he talks about wall building and 'respect the flag, get out the immigrants and hateful media. He was not elected to represent a small, but vocal group of hooligans. He is not doing anything to get his 'agenda' passed into law. I think the Republican want to get down to business, but they always have to deal first with the latest Trump antics.

I would like to see him resign or impeached. As I see it, if he were secretly a Democrat space holding for the next Democratic chance to take over, then he would be doing a good job.

I disagree and I blame the RINOs. Trump can't pass legislation and his tweets or comments should have no affect on Congress doing their jobs. That's like saying you can't do your job and make fries at McDonald's because Trump is tweeting again.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I was just talking to you about your assignation of the word to the other guy. But it's a good way to make the point that hyperbole can look a lot like hate without being that very thing. Sometimes it's just satire, or exaggeration for effect. Who knows? That's why I look for consistently emotionally laden words. You get someone in your face, following about using them you probably have someone with a strong emotional investment in you.

Most people don't really seem to fit that bill, to my mind.
Not me :crackup:

Danoh

Here is the problem as I see it. When does speak about his agenda, besides wall building and 'respect the flag, get out the immigrants and hateful media. He was not elected to represent a small, but vocal group of hooligans. He is not doing anything to get his 'agenda' passed into law. I think the Republican want to get down to business, but they always have to deal first with the latest Trump antics.

In his first book he writes that he had wanted to be a Hollywood movie Producer when he first started out.

Makes sense why he has had so many disasters throughout his business life; one more instance of some inner impulse ever driving him to sabotage himself.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I disagree and I blame the RINOs. Trump can't pass legislation and his tweets or comments should have no affect on Congress doing their jobs. That's like saying you can't do your job and make fries at McDonald's because Trump is tweeting again.

He says the same defensive nonsense over and over. Why does he do that? Why not just let the nonsense go. I can tell you I would sidestep it and get on to business. For me, anything not concerning business, I would not even mention. He likes to be entertaining. Ike and Kennedy would never talk and talk about how they were criticized. Not even would Nixon in public belabor the issue

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
He says the same defensive nonsense over and over. Why does he do that? Why not just let the nonsense go. I can tell you I would sidestep it and get on to business. For me, anything not concerning business, I would not even mention. He likes to be entertaining. Ike and Kennedy would never talk and talk about how they were criticized. Not even would Nixon in public belabor the issue
That's true, he does dredge up old mistakes he's made, trying to defend them.

ClimateSanity

I think he thought I was calling him a leftist and that he determines hate. I was just saying that the left thinks they are the ones entitled to assign labels, such as hate and racism etc.
Thanks.

It's the leftists in positions of power that determines what is hate....no disputing that.

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
In his first book he writes that he had wanted to be a Hollywood movie Producer when he first started out.

Makes sense why he has had so many disasters throughout his business life; one more instance of some inner impulse ever driving him to sabotage himself.
I told people this about Trump, and all they could see is a full Republican house and all the tax cuts they would get. Now they see, and are dropping out of the market because this man cares more about explaining over and over, how how he is not a racist, and Charlottesville, over and over again, and how many senators are keeping is programs down, while he is fighting with his own party; nothing will get done with his antics.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I told people this about Trump, and all they could see is a full Republican house and all the tax cuts they would get. Now they see, and are dropping out of the market because this man cares more about explaining over and over, how how he is not a racist, and Charlottesville, over and over again, and how many senators are keeping is programs down, while he is fighting with his own party; nothing will get done with his antics.
More good points, well said

Status
Not open for further replies.