Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Advocation of Government

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • An Advocation of Government

    With the recently elected President of the United States of America finally taking office, I think it's time we really looked at what kind of government God wants. When we look at the Bible, we see that the only form of government God authorized (in both the Old and New Testament) is a Constitutional Monarchy.

    "What did he just say?"

    Yes, you heard (read?) that right. A Constitutional Monarchy.

    A Constitutional Monarchy is the only form of Government that God authorizes. (We find this in Deuteronomy 17:14-20.) Not anarchy, not democracy, or it's sister, republic, not an oligarchy, not a plutocracy, not a democratic republic, nor an aristocracy, nor a dictatorship.

    Not a Constitutional Republic.

    Constitutional Monarchy.


    ---


    Our current form of government, which is at it's roots is democratic, is a Constitutional Republic. I say democratic because Americans vote on everything, laws, judges, representatives, senators, and even the leader of the country.

    Yet God makes it very clear that majority rule is wicked, because the majority is wicked. Matthew 7:13-14 says,

    "13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide*is*the gate and broad*is*the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
    14 Because narrow*is*the gate and difficult*is*the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.""

    Even our government, which was founded on Christian principles, has decayed beyond the point of no return in the 240+ years since it's inception. It's time for a change. You can't put new wine in old wineskins, meaning we need to get rid of the current government (and all of the bad laws) and implement a new form of government.

    Here is a proposed Constitution for such a government:

    http://kgov.com/constitution
    http://kgov.com/criminal-code

    https://theologyonline.com/forum/bob-enyart-live/bob-enyart-live-aa/2732134-the-proposed-constitution-of-america


    https://theologyonline.com/forum/bob...-criminal-code

    ---

    Questions? I will do my best to answer.
    Last edited by JudgeRightly; January 16th, 2020, 07:53 PM.

  • #2
    What the government is to do is a much bigger issue.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

    Titus 1

    For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

    Ephesians 5

    11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Nick M View Post
      What the government is to do is a much bigger issue.
      There are only three just roles for the government to perform:
      • - Protecting the God-given rights of every person within it's jurisdiction
        - Providing the public infrastructure needed to excercise and uphold those rights
        - As achievable, protecting others


      Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

      Comment


      • #4
        The Presidency in America is more like a constitutional monarch than a president. I've brought it up a few times- the Founding Fathers made strong implications of such when they graphed the nation.

        The thing is, democracy wasn't really existent in their time. As such, it was a bit alien to them, and they defined it as 'collective parties in a committee, who make a decision based on the interest of the majority'.
        It works perfectly fine for a small population, not so much for a nation- which is why there hadn't been democracy since ancient Greece, and ancient Greece did away with it.

        In reality, the Democratic Party simply labors under a historical mistake. A republic is the only real way to go, and the Electoral College is necessary. Deal with it

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
          There are only three just roles for the government to perform:
          And our government goes way beyond that amount. And 2 Samuel shows a King to engage of the second form of government too, the perverted one. Majority opinion certainly doesn't determine right and wrong. You will get no argument from me.

          There is two forms of an economy. The second just has different names for the purpose of misdirection, but the end result is the same.
          Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

          Titus 1

          For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

          Ephesians 5

          11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Crucible View Post
            The Presidency in America is more like a constitutional monarch than a president. I've brought it up a few times- the Founding Fathers made strong implications of such when they graphed the nation.

            The thing is, democracy wasn't really existent in their time. As such, it was a bit alien to them, and they defined it as 'collective parties in a committee, who make a decision based on the interest of the majority'.
            It works perfectly fine for a small population, not so much for a nation- which is why there hadn't been democracy since ancient Greece, and ancient Greece did away with it.

            In reality, the Democratic Party simply labors under a historical mistake. A republic is the only real way to go, and the Electoral College is necessary. Deal with it
            Why do you think a republic is better than a monarchy?

            Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

            Comment


            • #7
              King David consistently dealt with the harmony and interests of the tribes. God never instituted an impersonal government, nor did He ever institute democracy. Democracy is completely man made and alien to the Bible, and ultimately fails on it's own.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                Why do you think a republic is better than a monarchy?
                America pretty much is a Republic Monarch. The US Presidency is an excessively powerful position.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Crucible View Post
                  America pretty much is a Republic Monarch. The US Presidency is an excessively powerful position.
                  I don't disagree, but that doesn't answer my question.

                  Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                    With the recently elected President of the United States of America finally taking office, I think it's time we really looked at what kind of government God wants. When we look at the Bible, we see that the only form of government God authorized (in both the Old and New Testament) is a Constitutional Monarchy.

                    "What did he just say?"

                    Yes, you heard (read?) that right. A Constitutional Monarchy.

                    A Constitutional Monarchy is the only form of Government that God authorizes. (We find this in Deuteronomy 17:14-20.) Not anarchy, not democracy, or it's sister, republic, not an oligarchy, not a plutocracy, not a democratic republic, nor an aristocracy, nor a dictatorship.

                    Not a Constitutional Republic.

                    Constitutional Monarchy.


                    ---


                    Our current form of government, which is at it's roots is democratic, is a Constitutional Republic. I say democratic because Americans vote on everything, laws, judges, representatives, senators, and even the leader of the country.

                    Yet God makes it very clear that majority rule is wicked, because the majority is wicked. Matthew 7:13-14 says,

                    "13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide*is*the gate and broad*is*the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
                    14 Because narrow*is*the gate and difficult*is*the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.""

                    Even our government, which was founded on Christian principles, has decayed beyond the point of no return in the 240+ years since it's inception. It's time for a change. You can't put new wine in old wineskins, meaning we need to get rid of the current government (and all of the bad laws) and implement a new form of government.


                    ---

                    Questions? I will do my best to answer.
                    Anything is better than democracy.
                    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
                    E≈mc2
                    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

                    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
                    -Bob B.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Stripe View Post
                      Anything is better than democracy.
                      Constitutional Monarchy is better than anything.

                      Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                        Constitutional Monarchy is better than anything.
                        I'd tend to agree on an analytical level.
                        Where is the evidence for a global flood?
                        E≈mc2
                        "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

                        "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
                        -Bob B.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                          With the recently elected President of the United States of America finally taking office, I think it's time we really looked at what kind of government God wants. When we look at the Bible, we see that the only form of government God authorized (in both the Old and New Testament) is a Constitutional Monarchy.

                          "What did he just say?"

                          Yes, you heard (read?) that right. A Constitutional Monarchy.

                          A Constitutional Monarchy is the only form of Government that God authorizes. (We find this in Deuteronomy 17:14-20.) Not anarchy, not democracy, or it's sister, republic, not an oligarchy, not a plutocracy, not a democratic republic, nor an aristocracy, nor a dictatorship.

                          Not a Constitutional Republic.

                          Constitutional Monarchy.
                          A constitutional monarchy may refer to a system in which the monarch acts as a non-party political head of state under the constitution.

                          God (His official mouth-piece) would be subjected to nothing of the sort.

                          I believe the term you're looking for is a Theocracy....or religious dictatorship.
                          _/\_

                          Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by quip View Post
                            A constitutional monarchy may refer to a system in which the monarch acts as a non-party political head of state under the constitution.

                            God (His official mouth-piece) would be subjected to nothing of the sort.

                            I believe the term you're looking for is a Theocracy.
                            Theocracy is not what I'm referring to. Theocracy is rule by God. That will come later, when Christ returns. But for an earthly government...

                            As ruler and defender of America, the King would be the supreme judge in the land. He would he held accountable to God alone, as a monarch must have authority over all for it to work.

                            Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                              As ruler and defender of America, the King would be the supreme judge in the land. He would he held accountable to God alone, as a monarch must have authority over all for it to work.
                              A monarchy is only as good as its king.
                              A democracy is only as good as its citizens.

                              It's a gamble either way.
                              Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X