New Low From Trump

Arthur Brain

Thanks for the compliment, but I don't have an act.

It wasn't a compliment, it was an observation. Your slang is nothing more than a front. You can demonstrably type posts without the facade of bein' this 'homey down to earth guy who won't stand for this!!' type schtick.

So quit with it.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Then stop deliberately typing as though you're some clown who doesn't have a decent handle on English then.

English?

american-flag+(2).jpg

:chuckle:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Oh boy, so you are just gonna play this gormless hick routine? Seriously?

You had nowhere good to go with your argument dude but deliberately playing thick was never the way to go...

Oh well.

Sorry man, just couldn't help hackin' on yuh.

Must really get on yer nerves when English is always shown with an American flag.

Arthur Brain

Sorry man, just couldn't help hackin' on yuh.

Must really get on yer nerves when English is always shown with an American flag.

Nah, because it doesn't. The fact you feel the need to revert back to this faux 'Hillbilly' stuff just underlines how dishonest you are too. Ya see dude, anyone truly illiterate wouldn't even bother attaching a (') next to a word that would correctly end in 'ing'. Your consistency in doing so means you're only indulging in it for effect - the same as with your 'yer' and your deliberate misspellings.

Why you do it I don't know. You've shown you can write intelligibly so resorting to this really is kinda desperate.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Nah, because it doesn't. The fact you feel the need to revert back to this faux 'Hillbilly' stuff just underlines how dishonest you are too. Ya see dude, anyone truly illiterate wouldn't even bother attaching a (') next to a word that would correctly end in 'ing'. Your consistency in doing so means you're only indulging in it for effect - the same as with your 'yer' and your deliberate misspellings.

Why you do it I don't know. You've shown you can write intelligibly so resorting to this really is kinda desperate.
It's how he speaks, it's meant to be read with that voice. I find it OK, jus' sayin'

Arthur Brain

It's how he speaks, it's meant to be read with that voice. I find it OK, jus' sayin'

What voice? The one that can 'speak' in proper spelling and grammar, or the one that even in 'slang mode' can still abide by the accepted rules while trying to sound like a gruff down to earth git who wouldn't even care?

C'mon PJ, you're not stupid.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Carry on with the deception then...

:idunno:

When I was a kid I read a lot of Louis L'Amour westerns.

A couple of his books were narratives written with this style.

To me it was easy readin' and resonated with me.

He also used apostrophes and punctuation marks where it seemed natural.

The dude got me looking more closely at things with his descriptiveness.

And yeah, it's how I talk.

PJ's a Missourian too.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
AB's a Brit who would stick out like a green hat with an orange bill as soon as he began speaking over here :chuckle:

Arthur Brain

When I was a kid I read a lot of Louis L'Amour westerns.

A couple of his books were narratives written with this style.

To me it was easy readin' and resonated with me.

He also used apostrophes and punctuation marks where it seemed natural.

The dude got me looking more closely at things with his descriptiveness.

That's fair enough dude. You're obviously literate as I've already said. Trying to come across as someone who isn't particularly is pretty difficult when you're learned and be honest, what else were you aiming for with those posts to TH? If you were trying to sound like some down to earth guy with the illiterate 'gruffness' then your own education did you in. How about just a sensible debate without any cloak and dagger crap/slang chicanery and see how it goes?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
That's fair enough dude. You're obviously literate as I've already said. Trying to come across as someone who isn't particularly is pretty difficult when you're learned and be honest, what else were you aiming for with those posts to TH? If you were trying to sound like some down to earth guy with the illiterate 'gruffness' then your own education did you in. How about just a sensible debate without any cloak and dagger crap/slang chicanery and see how it goes?

Quit reading more into it than what there is.

When I'm most serious is when I revert to speaking naturally.

Take it from there.