What is your definition of racism?

ClimateSanity

After you define it, give examples in your own life that you deem to be racist. If you don't like a certain culture, does that make you racist? If yes, where does race come into play other than a particular race seems to be the main members of that culture?

Arthur Brain

Nope. In case you hadn't noticed, in America, race is tearing us apart. I also noticed that our media here gives us a false idea of what racism is.

Well, blind prejudicial racism might be doing that to an extent but then considering we both know how idiotic and brain dead it is to entertain such idiocy I'm kinda failing to see what the point of this thread is? If someone is prejudiced against another based simply on skin pigmentation or culture etc then they're a moron right?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
There is a difference between 'racist' and 'prejudice'. Prejudice has basically become synonymous to racism due to the constant spamming of the word every time a liberal spews their self righteous, overblown nonsense.

The typical- racist, bigot, sexist, bigot xenophobe, bigot, homophobe..
did I mention bigot :think:

Anyway, racism is believing there are classes of race, usually inferring their own race as the best or, at least, certain others are worse.
However, 'prejudice' is having a tendency to not like another of another race, usually due to a certain culture within said race that they exhibit.

PureX

"Racism" is a term that refers to bigotry that's based on race. Racism is technically 'racial bigotry'.

Bigotry is the habit of diminishing the esteem of others for the purpose of increasing one's own, in relation. So racial bigotry, or "racism" is the habit of diminishing one's esteem for a specific race of people so as to increased the racist's esteem in his own, and his immediate peer's, eyes.

The Berean

There is a difference between 'racist' and 'prejudice'. Prejudice has basically become synonymous to racism due to the constant spamming of the word every time a liberal spews their self righteous, overblown nonsense.

The typical- racist, bigot, sexist, bigot xenophobe, bigot, homophobe..
did I mention bigot :think:

Anyway, racism is believing there are classes of race, usually inferring their own race as the best or, at least, certain others are worse.
However, 'prejudice' is having a tendency to not like another of another race, usually due to a certain culture within said race that they exhibit.

This is a key point. Michael Eric Dyson makes the same point.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
This is a key point. Michael Eric Dyson makes the same point.

I didn't even watch the video, because I've heard the notion time and time again- I originally heard it from a New Black Panther member.

Black people can be racist, and there are in fact racist blacks. One shouldn't even have to be shown the inconsistency in the claim that they cannot, and I'm going to explain why.

They perpetuate the idea that blacks cannot be racist because they aren't exhibiting a superior status among other races, but let's look at the Nazis- the Jews were superior in Germany.

What made the Nazis racist is their belief that they were nonetheless superior, and they had all the propaganda and will to show it. This is something that it is being exhibited by certain blacks if one only talks a closer look. Black Zionists are on city streets calling white people Edomites who are going through their downfall- that they are losing their providence in their countries. You have black people perpetuating many things about white people which are, by definition, racist.

The idea that they 'can't be racist' is not only nonsense, it is dangerous, because they are making you believe whatever they can get you to believe so that whites continue to lose their place.
That's not the most PC reality, but it is after all reality.

PureX

Just as violence begets more violence, racism begets more racism.

Yes, there are black racists. Many of them. But they are racist as a result of their abuse at the hands of white racists. It's a self-perpetuating and escalating cycle. And the only way to stop the cycle is to stop practicing racism regardless of our color or our perceived justifications.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Yes, there are black racists. Many of them. But they are racist as a result of their abuse at the hands of white racists.

They are racist out of envy- white people prosper and black people hold each other down. They have suffered very little abuse of white racists, because there are very little white racists. Most white people have simply become frustrated with being called racist for BEING WHITE.

Stop defending such absurdity- a racist is a racist, and if a white man is such a demon for being one then guess what- so is the black racist. They are dishonest in perpetuating against another race when it's their own race hurting them.

The truth hurts, and it's become a crime to tell it- so I guess that makes me 'racist' :wave2:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
After you define it, give examples in your own life that you deem to be racist. If you don't like a certain culture, does that make you racist? If yes, where does race come into play other than a particular race seems to be the main members of that culture?

Racism - when someone has an issue with or causes problems with others based (treats them differently) based on their race alone.

An example for me would be fear in areas that are predominately black and the assumption that they will harm me, or rob me, etc..

But my basis is experience, with it happening and seeing it happen.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
According to the Liberal Dictionary, the definition of 'racism' is as follows:
to have any problem at all with anyone whatsoever of another race.

Liberals will disagree with this, but brand you a racist if you exhibit such. That's the nonsense of liberals, who refuse to see it :)

Wick Stick

Racism is when you apply pre-conceptions to someone based on the association of their skin color to others of that race.

It can be positive or negative. But when it's positive, we don't call it racism. We just say "he seems like a good guy."

ClimateSanity

Racism - when someone has an issue with or causes problems with others based (treats them differently) based on their race alone.

An example for me would be fear in areas that are predominately black and the assumption that they will harm me, or rob me, etc..

But my basis is experience, with it happening and seeing it happen.

You could go to sub Saharan Africa and not see one white person, yet feel totally safe. I did. It's the stereotypical behavior and dress that you saw that gave you fear... not the skin color....I'm guessing.